Suikoden 4

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Suikoden 4

Postby Takarious » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:44 am

Alright, I recently bought this game, being an avid Suikoden fan myself, and I actually like this game alot. The game itself works like a combination between the first Suikoden, and Skies of Arcadia. The whole entire concept of getting access to a small fleet and being able to battle it is awesome. The storyline is pretty interesting, and the battles have been simplified, and the only really tedious part about the gameplay is the traveling on seas simply because it's slow and loaded with random battles. Overall, I like this game alot, and while I still like Suikoden 2 and 3 the most, I still don't regret the 40$ I spent on it.
Takarious
S3 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:59 pm

I did like how it went back to a more Suikoden feel but it dropped the 6 character party and I did not like the sea stuff at all. It's also short and seems horribly rushed. The strategists in the recent games have sucked too. Elenor is almost as bad as Ceasar. I agree that I don't regret the money spent but that's mostly because I'm such a devoted fan.....and the Souleater rune is in it and the Rune of Punishment is so cool even if it's almost useless.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:15 am

A few things about the Suikoden series that kinda bothers me is that there is alot of holes. First is this: The game contains alot of recurring characters (Jeanne, Viki, etc etc etc) but the fact that they do not wield a True Rune themselves (Unless Jeanne's charm rune and Viki's blinking rune endow them both with immortaility). I can somewhat understand the deal with Viki... but as foar Jeanne that doesn't really make a lick of sense. I think Ted is insane in Suikoden 4, almost on par with Tir in my opinion. But the Jeanne thing still kinda bothers me. Although her supposed mysterious disapearance can be translated into many theories. I guess we'll just have to wait further down the series plotline.

Postby Exiled » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:23 am

Just go play Legion Saga. It's the same thing really.
Exiled
S4 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:04 pm

Except Legion Saga is stolen and lame. Besides, the site is down.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Excell » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:21 pm

Jeane and Viki are unknowns. The game is taking place over a long period of time. So until more games come out and don't really know what the hell is up with some characters.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Otaku No Anime » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:46 am

Suikoden 4 was the first one I played. ^^; So I can't really compare it to the previous 3. Although I have to say I like Suikoden 4 very much.

The only thing that really tikes me off about the game is the sea travel. It's very, very slow compared to Skies of Arcadia's sky travel. Most of the time, you see the blue sea surrounding you. Since there is nothing to look at, that makes it even worse.
Otaku No Anime
S2 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:54 pm

The sea travel was the worst part of the game without a doubt. You really should play the other 3.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Alundra » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:18 am

I hope episode 3 gets a european release. It sucks so much that they released both episodes 1 and 2... but no 3!
Episode 4 was kinda weird... fun at times... BUT IF THEY MAKE THE NEXT HERO RUN LIKE THAT I'M GONNA HANG SOME DEVELOPPERS!
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sephiroth555 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:21 am

Greatchickenman wrote:Except Legion Saga is stolen and lame. Besides, the site is down.

Amen brother.
Sephiroth555
S1 Hilyn

Postby Otaku No Anime » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:23 am

Alundra wrote:I hope episode 3 gets a european release. It sucks so much that they released both episodes 1 and 2... but no 3!
Episode 4 was kinda weird... fun at times... BUT IF THEY MAKE THE NEXT HERO RUN LIKE THAT I'M GONNA HANG SOME DEVELOPPERS!

Yeah, the way the main character ran did kinda weird me out, but I got used to it.
Otaku No Anime
S2 Hilyn

Postby Vinintran » Sat May 14, 2005 8:21 pm

I got to the last boss of this game, and I realized that for the first time in all the Suikoden games, I chose a horrid team to battle the last boss with. I think it was almost impossible for me to win that fight. So I restarted. (I was going to restart, anyway, so I could get all 108.)
Poke!
Can you dig it?
Vinintran
Wanderer

Return to Gaming