Star Wars: Republic Commando

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Postby Greatchickenman » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:14 am

I just downloaded the demo for this game. From what i've seen so far, they did a lot of work with the squad based shooting.

When you look at a certain object your crosshairs turn into an icon and a white silhouette of one of your soldiers. You then press the F key and one of your soldiers will move to that spot.

For instance, if you make them move behind a box, they might throw a grenade at the enemy or snipe them from afar. You can tell your troops to man turrets, and sometimes they'll do it themselves if they feel like it.

When you see a door, you normally have the option of slicing the door (For a stealthy approach) or blowing the door and throwing a grenade in (Requires all three of your squadmates but its really cool. Don't use if you're trying to be sneaky).

Sometimes you can even create demolitions charges to blow open walls or windows.

In the level that I played, you free a wookie and he helps you fight. Unscripted, the wookie may pick up an enemy and slam him into the wall, or kick him around 20 feet.

This looks like a great game and you should definitely get it when it comes out for console or pc.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:41 am

It's awesome! I played it on xbox, you're in a droid factory, your squad has been separated and you must find them, one by one. And there are droids everywhere. The fun thing is, that if you reload when there are some bullets left in your clip, you'll keepo the clip. So that when you start getting empty clips he takes the 2-6 round clips and empties them... I hope you get the idea.

It's great, can't wait untill it comes out.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:24 pm

Does it kinda have a "Spectrum Warrior" feel to it? Not theme-wise (middle east setting) though. Just like specialized squad members and stuff.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:11 pm

Totally. Though your squad members are all numbers, (:)) they all have a personality. They'll react to enemy combat maneuvers and try to outflank them or hide behind cover.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Return to Gaming