For Mr. Casari: Did you play runescape back in 2005-2006?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

For Mr. Casari: Did you play runescape back in 2005-2006?

Postby KeeperofGlyphs » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:38 pm

The reason I ask is that back the in the day, I used to play the game, and mostly sat around having philosophical discussions, and more rarely, conversations regarding game design. Anyway, I saw the depths secret ending, and I couldn't help but notice it was extremely similar to one of many conversations I had back then.

It wasn't just that, though... It's how the conversation switches tones so heavily; on one hand, it's the regular thoughtful and explorative/submissive tone that's held through the entire story, and then it switches to an aggressive and dominant tone - the kind I tended to speak with back then, and often still do. It's to the point I can see the gaps in the conversation where fluff was removed. I have a lot of memories pertaining to the conversation I'm thinking of, so I was wanting to ask; did you play there as well? Is there any chance one of my old conversations back in the early-mid 2000s influenced this ending which I so love?

My apologies for bothering you in advance.
KeeperofGlyphs
Wanderer

Re: For Mr. Casari: Did you play runescape back in 2005-2006

Postby LunC » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:44 pm

Hello!

Sorry, I never played Runescape. I played some Ultima Online when I was young, but that was the only MMORPGs I ever dabbled in. The secret depths ending was influenced by a mix of things, including personal issues I was dealing with at the time. It's not something I shared with anyone else, except through the the game.

Hope this finds you well!

Lun
LunC
Pharaphalyn

Re: For Mr. Casari: Did you play runescape back in 2005-2006

Postby KeeperofGlyphs » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:01 am

Hello once again!

Thank you for the reply. The conversation seemed so specific that I was sure, but it must've been a coincidence. I guess it must've been a zeitgeist - the spirit of the times. I love your work, and still consider it one of my favourite experiences of all my time. Thank you for creating it.
KeeperofGlyphs
Wanderer

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion