BETA TOPIC: The Theory Compilation (Spoilers)

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:36 pm

Yeah, but nobody was reading your theories because you were saying things like Traziun is the son of satan, etc.

And being called a moron by someone who's typing in all caps and adding an uncanny amount of exclamation points to his sentences isn't really insulting at all.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:32 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:Yeah, but nobody was reading your theories because you were saying things like Traziun is the son of satan, etc.

And being called a moron by someone who's typing in all caps and adding an uncanny amount of exclamation points to his sentences isn't really insulting at all.

... I love you. And it doesn't help that the 'Midian is the headhunter' thing has been around since Episode 4 (before we even met the god damn guy). No one has ever been able to back it with any form of evidence.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:47 pm

What I'm wondering about is that woman who tells you about Shadow Swords in the Reflective Sky area. If it's Traziun's mother, she's talking about Kalmar, if it's Luma, she's talking about Kura. If it's the former, there might be some relevance to this whole thing.

I just noticed alittle thing that probably doesnt matter, but when you talk to her Traziun's theme plays.(Well, I dont think the song is ever played for Traziun, but the song is called Traziun) Yeah, this is probably even more unreliable then baseing stuff off similarities between character sprites, but its somthing.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:48 pm

I think Impossible brought that one up a few times... I never put much faith into file names anyway...
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:20 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:If the headhunter is just some guy hired by Midian, why would he try to kill Rhue after he said he didn't know Jeruh? If he just believed he knew somthing, it wouldn't be smart to kill the guy. Yet if it was Midian, and he either could sence Jeruh's aura (which is unlikly unless we can prove Midian is a sensor), or knew that Jeruh changed his name to Rhue. Think about it, if it took him so many years to catch up to Jeruh, he must have learned somthing about him along the way.

I know that, but there's still no guarantee - contradicting fwacho's lies that we could work it out, because there are too many possibilities. If Midian didn't die until during Episode 1, why did Rhue/Kura/Whoever want to kill Jeruh? It makes more sense that Midian hired some headhunters, including the ones in E1 and E2, to find Jeruh, and then Rhue came and killed Midian.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:35 am

why did Rhue/Kura/Whoever want to kill Jeruh?

Same reason Gaius did I guess. The main thing I dont get is if its just a headhunter who was hired to look for Jeruh, why would he try to kill Rhue?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:00 am

The headhunter could just have been suspicious or crazy or something, we really don't know. Keep in mind that the other headhunter called Rhue "Midian", saying they had met just a couple of weeks ago, or whatever. In other words, that headhunter met Rhue using the name of Midian before E1 started - supporting my belief that Rhue already had Midian's aura. That still leaves the question of the Shadow Swords, but we'll worry about that later.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Berserker » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:27 am

What if the Marna Hunter was a Senser? His remarks of his "very good memory" seem like he's implying it, saying he recognise Rhue/Midian for something others can't see... still, there isn't any evidence. -_-

If the Headhunter was Midian, this could explain his desire to end the battle against Rhue/Jeruh with a spectacular Plunge... :)
"I shouldn't have to live in a world where all good points are horrible ones" (Black mage, 8bit theater)
Berserker
S2 Hilyn

Postby cursethemountain » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:03 am

Strayed Wanderer wrote:
Forerunner Traziun wrote:You know how Rhue sees Jed's flashbacks after he kills him, and same with Slade? It's pretty obvious that Midian was the headhunter that Rhue fought on the bridge. That night, he had Midian's flashback of him running through the forest.

Wouldn't that have been Jeruh's flashback since it was a wolf in that one? Midian knew it was Jeruh chasing him, Jeruh had convinced himself it was animals.

these aren't completely jeruh's fabricated memories, because jeruh wouldn't have changed the location of the massacre, just the events.

rhue remebered several beasts, jeruh remebered 1

rhue remembered the end of the way as landorin, jeruh's memories wouldn't

these memories are some of "rhue's" earlier memories from before he absorbed jeruh's aura, mixed with jeruh's fabricated mental image causing "rhue" to remember something that he had previously experienced as a new memory.

rhue remebered the place as the landorin massacre, gaius said that was interesting, it should be important.
Alan:
Moo cows. Do you like moo
cows? Can you make a moo cow noise?
You know, like...
Mooooooooo!

Alan:
Is there any versimilitude
to the injunction that you are a
corpulent singleton?
cursethemountain
Plyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:21 pm

cursethemountain wrote:
Strayed Wanderer wrote:
Forerunner Traziun wrote:You know how Rhue sees Jed's flashbacks after he kills him, and same with Slade? It's pretty obvious that Midian was the headhunter that Rhue fought on the bridge. That night, he had Midian's flashback of him running through the forest.

Wouldn't that have been Jeruh's flashback since it was a wolf in that one? Midian knew it was Jeruh chasing him, Jeruh had convinced himself it was animals.

these aren't completely jeruh's fabricated memories, because jeruh wouldn't have changed the location of the massacre, just the events.

rhue remebered several beasts, jeruh remebered 1

these memories are some of "rhue's" earlier memories from before he absorbed jeruh's aura, mixed with jeruh's fabricated mental image causing "rhue" to remember something that he had previously experienced as a new memory.

rhue remebered the place as the landorin massacre, gaius said that was interesting, it should be important.

Stating it like that was a bit weird... some of it sounds like nonsense but I do agree with part of it.

The memory of the massacre at the 'End of the Way' was completely fabricated, the location could have easily been drawn from an older memory that was already inside the body.

We never actually see the memories of Jeruh separate from Rhue's. The memories in episodes 1 and 2 both had two beasts. The ones in episode 6 were the real version and only one beast was shown so it could morph into Jeruh.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:35 am

Jeruh probably made up the three beasts - he said that he was the one who told himself that. Probably before Rhue killed him.

This has to have something to do with an older memory of Rhue's. So Rhue's background is increasingly complex... It seems to involve Kura and the End of the Way, among other things. And what did Gaius mean when he said that it "used to" be the End of the Way? Hell, what does anything Gaius says mean? >_>

Oh, and I believe that the WGB entry on Sensers was there to mislead us. Lun is an asshole like that. I don't think that headhunters would generally be sensers. If they are, it would explain both why the headhunter in E2 called Rhue Midian AND why the headhunter in E1, who would have to be Midian, tried to kill Rhue. But the fact is, this is an outdated theory, and we know so much more now. The headhunter in E2 would have to know how Midian looked, but he only met Midian after Rhue killed him. Rhue's dialogue doesn't make much sense if he isn't Midian. Midian isn't wearing Headhunter clothing in The City. It just doesn't fit, there's too much evidence against it. Hell, I doubt Sensers have any plot relevance.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby nerx » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:20 am

Damn it.

I had so many thoughts pop in to mind before and after reading this. I just can't remember them all. Most of them have been noted already, but not together. I think it's wise for us to note a little knack head hunters might have: they're cheap bastards. I'm sure that head hunter in episode 1 was hired. He cornered Rhue in a plunge hoping he would admit that he was Jeruh, because he seems to look like him. Plus, his name sounds the same. The head hunter thinks this isn't a coinsidence, so he decides to act. Note that he doesn't kill Dana and what's-his-face. Blue Boy probably killed Midian before he killed Jeruh.

I think Bluey is The Mimic like many others do. The Mimic became The Mimic because of the way he formed protection against insanity caused by the sword's powers. He uses a dominant personality, which changes on occasion. Traziun's Mother (if we are to assume she was) isn't some sort of holy diety. She doesn't know everything, for it may not have been his own decision. I think Jeruh's sword was probably Night Reaper, which Gaius took and gave to Foreman Ballar to protect. "Duty Calls". The Landorin we have previously known isn't Landorin of course. It's most likely the Kava Kura forest place.

Man, I loved the Kloe-less variation of the Traziun ending. It was so cool to see Blue Boy say what he did. I liked it more than any ending..

Well, anyway, if Bluey was once "Kura", he may not have been actually "Kura". What I mean is, he may have simply mimiced Kura as well. Maybe then he killed Kava, who was "resurrected" as the dominant aura, which then called itself Kavax, massacred the Guided and buggered off. I don't know how the whole Kava Kura story goes. I've seen the play and seen enough on this form to make an assumption, I think. Don't go flaming me if I'm mistaken. Note that you don't know when or where The Mimic will strike. He could be controlled by the stolen dominant aura for a very long time.

Bluey's sword doesn't have to be called Phantom Slasher. Of course, The Mimic doesn't know he's The Mimic. He might have known before he figured out how to solve his shadow sword problem. The Phantom Slasher could have been an aura he picked up somewhere. It might be from the pits, from the upper way, from Tetzel or Kalmar, who knows? One thing's for sure, it wants Bluey to keep being The Mimic. It doesn't want him to realize that it's a lie. It doesn't want it to realize the sword is the cause of all it's trouble. He wants him to keep being Jeruh while we play. He doesn't want him to be distracted. He doesn't want him to be destoryed, either.

The Phantom Slasher could be Bluey's resolution. He could be Bluey's original aura. He may not be the dominant aura for a reason. This may be the only aura which knows what's going on. He's the god of Dream Estrana. He may be the main weapon Bluey uses to defend himself. He knew he would do it unwillingly, however. This is why the Phantom Slasher does not let itself become known. He doesn't want the current dominant aura to lose controll and destroy him.

I think there's something we all should note. Doesn't Bluey only get a new sword aura when his sword does something that doesn't fit with its justice ideal? When he kills Jed he mentions it doesn't feel right. What has Jed done wrong? Then Bluey gets more sword auras. Maybe it's not from Jed. Maybe it's the sword releasing more power to protect itself? Maybe the extra power comes from Bluey's inner knowledge of the sword, I don't know. The same thing goes for when he plunges Slade. His sword is going crazy! I always thought Slade talking so much about justice would be important. He realises what he's been doing isn't right and commits suicide. Justice isn't perfect. It can't be. "Perfect justice", however, must note all of Slade's acts as justice, so it doesn't want to kill an innoncent. If Slade works for justice, the sword would even be crazier. It doesn't want to do it. New auras, new power. Is it realisation or release? Is it something else? I don't know.. I'm only theorising. I think this is why the sword is destoryed when Traziun forces it to kill him. I think Traziun was a major fighter for justice in the sword's opinion. Maybe that's why it died. Or, maybe it realised this time it wasn't worth it. Maybe it was overwhelmed. Bluey knew the truth. Gaius was there. Traziun wasn't hostile. What could it do? How could it live? How could The Mimic live? Boom.

That's what I think, anyway.

Edit: What's going on..? Lun made it sound like there was sequel, then Fwacho made it sound like there wasn't. Is there, or isn't there? Arrg..
nerx
S1 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm

wow, that's some impressive reasoning.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:01 pm

Let me make one thing perfectly, without-a-doubt, mother-fucking clear...

WE WILL NOT BE CALLING HIM BLUEY!
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:55 pm

Yeah, thats going to be another problem when ep6 comes out, you know theres going to be a few people who are just going to whine about how his name isnt really Rhue and we shouldn't call him that.

He cornered Rhue in a plunge hoping he would admit that he was Jeruh, because he seems to look like him.

Or maby it was because Jeruh was going by the name Rhue at the time.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion