BETA TOPIC: Your thoughts on the endings?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Spyke10k » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:45 am

Maybe it's best to accept that some things won't be unraveled. At least pertaining to side plots. It's just that many people here probably thought the scope of them would be more important to later episodes. Leading to a lingering of those ideas as they were theorized so heavily.
Spyke10k
Plyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:41 am

Personally Kalmar seems to be a bit better off than Rhue in handling shadow swords, Kalmar isn't insane (well, he's psychotic, but not schizo') And I asume Kalmar has killed his fair share of people, and that would mean he's somehow found a way to keep his mind from shattering or something.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby shadowrift » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:59 am

Maybe I remember things incorrectly, but I don't remember Kalmar recognizing Rhue when they meet in Episode 5. In fact, he's surprised when Rhue busts out Phantom Slasher against Ghost Horror.

I can't see it being very likely that Kalmar gave him Phantom Slasher and made him his perfect blade of justice... and then forget his face and the fact that he had Phantom Slasher.
shadowrift
Wanderer

Postby notsoinsaneguy » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:24 pm

Spyke10k wrote:Maybe it's best to accept that some things won't be unraveled. At least pertaining to side plots. It's just that many people here probably thought the scope of them would be more important to later episodes. Leading to a lingering of those ideas as they were theorized so heavily.
I half agree with this after thinking about it. The reason I was slightly disappointed wasn't because I didn't find out what I wanted to know, but because these mysteries didn't actually tie into the plot as I'd expected they would. In my mind I somehow expected the series to end with Rhue like finding out that the whole way was a figment of his mind, and the big finale is that rhue comes out of a coma and sees the people he met in his dreams in real life making some sort of crazy realization, but never actually fitting back in with his real life, and always wishing he could go back to "the way". The evidence that would lead him to gettin out of the coma would be like hidden in one of the citadels. Now THAT ending....is a bit over the top. But anyhow the point is that I anticipated that all these mysteries would tie into the plot at the very end, resulting in a spectacular conclusion.
notsoinsaneguy
Plyn

Postby Belthazar » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:31 pm

i just remembered how lun said he is writing a book. Imagine if it was a story like the way how many people would be hooked to his ambiguous and mysterioud nature of storytelling.

All i can say is nice...
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Toolophile » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:46 pm

Reaches ending - Probably my favorite... When you see the brief glimpse of the phantom slasher before each of the female characters are slain was brilliant.

Lexus Ending - pretty cool I guess... My first impression was "Dragen ball z flyz awae lol!"

Normal ending - Another great one, though if Lun had found a way to incorperate more history and background information into this one it would have packed a much heavier punch.

I love the open ended nature but eventualy I want Lun to reveal everything
Toolophile
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:11 am

I love the open ended nature but eventualy I want Lun to reveal everything

Or atleast a way for us to figure it out and know we are right.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:19 am

Yeah, we're totally theorising over something we might never find out what it's about. That's annoying.

Here's mine:

Lexus Ending- Hmm, escapism much? I love romantic endings, but escapism is one of those things that kind of spoiles everything for me. Plus, Rhue having absorbed Superman's Aura seems so strange.

Normal Ending- Very nice indeed. Traziun's death was very... Well, hard to define. But I did like what I saw. Unlike the Lexus Ending, this leaves room for the plot to continue. Kloe and Rhue journeying (Don't know about hooking up, though) together is pretty cool. If the both of them have no idea what they have to do, the most they can do is stick together. That was good in my eyes.

Reaches Ending- God, I can't say I liked this ending. It felt hopeless, although Rhue's trust in people. Rhue doesn't even realize what he is, and in my opinion that'll never allow him to become strong enough. The Phantom Slasher being a depressing factor, who constantly tries to knock out Rhue's hope... That's pretty bad, and is a complete opposite of the Lexus ending, what with Rhue's 'brightest hope'.

"For all the Dreamers! Our Planet's dream is not over yet.."
Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:35 pm

Its official, Legend has risen above the average stupidity of our newb population, with his/her good grammer an actual opinions.

But seriously, its nice to see a new face that isnt an idiot, a friend of Doovy, or an advertisement.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:02 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Its official, Legend has risen above the average stupidity of our newb population, with his/her good grammer an actual opinions.

But seriously, its nice to see a new face that isnt an idiot, a friend of Doovy, or an advertisement.

Wow...... thats really pathetic..... It took me a long time to start typing out all my words.... i used to be one of them lamerz who never type anything out. U r gr8.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:36 am

Hmm, thanks. About the grammer... If you do something, try your best to do it right? I'd rather write things in a good manner than in a short, stupid manner.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Mob Pixelle » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:18 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Its official, Legend has risen above the average stupidity of our newb population, with his/her good grammer an actual opinions.

:| Thanks for that generalisation, Sage Of The Wise.
--Mob Pixelle--
Mob Pixelle
Shadow Foot

Postby Legend of the Past » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:03 am

Hmm, and for a record, I'm a a he.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:46 am

Someone once said that on the internet all you see is text. So if you type like an idiot you'll be perceived as an idiot. It's very true.

And I like being an idiot.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:01 am

Telephalsion wrote:Someone once said that on the internet all you see is text. So if you type like an idiot you'll be perceived as an idiot. It's very true.

And I like being an idiot.

That's very nice, Tele. Really, that's just cute.

But yeah, that's quiet true. People who talk smart are precieved as smart. Online first impressions, I'd say.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion