BETA TOPIC: Your thoughts on the endings?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Swicord » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:46 am

Lyrra became a princess in that world.

Kavax had a room that was a vast beautiful plain.

Heck there was even a small back room that took you skydiving over a snow-covered mountain.

Dream Estrana can be whatever the people living in it decide to make of it. It can be very much a Heaven if they desire. They are not so much confined to a city floating in the vastness of nowhere, as they are floating in a vastness that can be shaped in any way they like.
Swicord
Wanderer

Postby Wellsy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:05 am

All bolding is my own doing.

fwacho wrote:
Wellsy630 wrote:
Impossible wrote:That isn't the only thing on that page... There are heaps of notes there. Anyone want to work out what they all mean? Some are interesting... Lun wasn't happy with the dialogue? A couple of notes do make it sound like E6 still needed more work.

The fact that this was originally the end may be part of the evidence that Lun had more planned...

Or has more planned. For some reason I get the feeling there might be something missing from the beta tests, and Lun will have one last scene that will set the stage for . . . a sequel? A prequel? Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I doubt that Lun would leave us hanging like this. Or maybe the hardest thing to do to a great story . . . is to try to end it in a great way.

according to teh best informaiton I have avialbale this is not the last you'll ever hear about the way. I do belive it may be the last bit done in RM2k. It's too good a story to just let die.

fwacho wrote:If Lun ever dies I will reveal the mysteries of the way. in the meantimes Lun is working on a project to make a littel cash off the way. (he has dedicated 6 years of life to it.. it would only be fair) I have threatened to novelize it if he doesn't.

but yes, their are whole projects that can be done off single myseteries left unsaid.

fwacho wrote:I would love to but... Let's put it this way.
I've just had a book accepted by a publisher (got my final draft in last week) If I sell so many copies they have to accept my next book. I think it's pretty good and will sell some copies. Lun has recently changed his major. He's put a lot of work into this and I would not be surpirsed if he has ascrpt hiding some where that hasn't shown me. imagine a prequl or sequel to The Way being made into a movie or television show. If he lets go too much information here. then that would kind of spoil it for 50 million potential veiwers. but if he gives you just enough information to guess the truth wihtout actually telling you flat out then he satifies both you the gamer and potential veiwers. Keep in mind he'll be looking for a job out of college. (probably as a script writer for a network.)
This game might be more than just a resume. (or at least, I hope it will)

seriosuly though, all that stuff yopu have questions about has been thoroughly worked out-very thoroughly. some of it was questioned about wether to shoe it in this epsiode or not. keep in mind, this is a complete story (as per definition of a story). See if you can figure out what it's about. that should help.

Read these quotes carefully. Fwacho, though misleading at times, doesn't lie. And as Lun's brother, he's in a position to know a few things.

I think these comments might frame our debate a bit differently. I'm interested in your thoughts.

This first quote came from this very topic. The second and third, from a beta tester's topic known as "Missing a couple of things . . ." which I don't know if I can link to since it had limited access - maybe the moderators can move it to this forum or another.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Jasonflare » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:52 pm

Strange, because Lun said in the IRC room that he'll continue using Rm2k.
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:58 pm

Last bit of The Way, but not last bit of Calsari
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Asra » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:08 pm

Now Rhue was immortal as long as he had a shadow sword, and the black shadowed figure in the sword told him that he is essentially the one that gave him memories. If it wasn't lying, then I think it cryptically points out that Rhue was, in fact, the mimic pointed out in Lexus' tomb. Why else would there be those books in that tomb if Rhue wasn't the one who put them there. He could have also been the nameless wanderer mentioned on a poem in Icabod's mansion.

In the end though, I think Rhue might possibly have never been human, and may have been either the mimic of Venge, since when they read a poem on the topic Rhue puts his 2 cents in as if he saw something diffrent in there. Also, why else would a large portion of the reaches be there unless Venge wounded the Lord of the Pits, causing the massive explosion which brought about the destruction of Jarwen(which is there because the sword destroyed it) and the large section of the pits with the demons?

Well regardless, they were there because the sword was nearby when those places died, along with people there. Hes probably the one who the red haired woman said had mastered the way to avoid going insane: Being an insane schitzophrenic.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:56 am

What about this:

Rhue is a nameless wanderer without memories or maybe even without an aura of his own (no real evidence of this, but stick with it for a while).

Kalmar sees an opportunity in this and gives Rhue Phantom Slasher, realizing that the sword would fill the void where Rhue's aura should be whenever it's near a loose aura. Thus creating the Phantom Slasher (and the mimic). This is the ultimate tool for justice: the perfect blade.

The nature of the mimic is that it takes on the aura of someone who has such a strong purpose in life that they would do ANYTHING to reach their goal. This allows for the mimic to travel great distances in the Way, so the Phantom Slasher can cleanse all throughout the way.

I don't see how the mimic and the Phantom Slasher and the Perfect Blade are all that different. They're just the names given by two different generations for the same being, IMO.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Poenaensis » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:03 pm

Yes, but we want to fit kava and kura into it somehow.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:06 pm

Anyone have any evidence as to how long Kalmar's been around? :P
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Poenaensis » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:12 pm

Yes, a long time. The red haired woman, Traz's mum says he's been around for hundreds of years
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:35 pm

Not nessesarily, she could be referring to Rhue

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:16 pm

Well if Kalmar HAS been around for a long time, then why wouldnt Kura and Kava fit into it? :P
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:19 pm

Kalmar is one aged fucker, atleast that's the impression I get, to quote Traziun "I see you're looking as healthy as ever father"

He probably founded the Blood Lyn, and he's been around for some hundred years. But I greatly doubt he was a part of the Kava Kura deal.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:27 pm

I don't mean that he had anything to do with it directly. The Mimic, continuing his mission given to him by Kalmar happend to come accross Kura, killed him for sinning. The Mimic took his place because Kura's need to follow orders gave him a driving purpose in life.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:44 pm

Masked Gamer wrote:What about this:

Rhue is a nameless wanderer without memories or maybe even without an aura of his own (no real evidence of this, but stick with it for a while).

Kalmar sees an opportunity in this and gives Rhue Phantom Slasher, realizing that the sword would fill the void where Rhue's aura should be whenever it's near a loose aura. Thus creating the Phantom Slasher (and the mimic). This is the ultimate tool for justice: the perfect blade.

The nature of the mimic is that it takes on the aura of someone who has such a strong purpose in life that they would do ANYTHING to reach their goal. This allows for the mimic to travel great distances in the Way, so the Phantom Slasher can cleanse all throughout the way.

I don't see how the mimic and the Phantom Slasher and the Perfect Blade are all that different. They're just the names given by two different generations for the same being, IMO.

one second two generations three names? what if the Phatomslasher is not the perfect blade? what about the otehr swords?

Besides I get the feeling the mimic has been around a lot longer that kalmar but I'm not sure about that.

teh idea about what triggers the mimic is quite an idea.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:42 am

The annoying thing is that both Kalmar AND Rhue fit the description of that woman - they both have Shadow Swords and they both lived for a long time.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion