BETA TOPIC: A Few More Theories/Questions

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

BETA TOPIC: A Few More Theories/Questions

Postby Wellsy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:07 am

Yeah, I know, "more theories, come on!" Well in my case they're really more questions to think about.

1) Do you think that the shadows that Rhue plunges throughout the city are the auras of the other shadow swords? I guess this would mean that Rhue (or any previous bearer of his sword) had defeated those swords at some point. It just strikes me as odd since there were supposedly five Shadow Swords (and Illuminati . . .) and you fight five shadows. The one at the end of the game seems like it could be a projection of Rhue's own sword, so couldn't the other shadows be sword auras as well?

2)The physical nature of the Way. For some reason, the background picture E6Choice2.png (in the Panorama folder, during the Lexus ending) got me to thinking of the actual physical nature of the Way. Could it possibly be a ringworld? I know, it's in Dream Estrana, so it might mean nothing, but it would account for the seeming cyclical nature of the Way. I guess it's not that important, but that picture got me thinking . . .

I'm just throwing these out there for your consideration. Could be completely off the wall, who knows? Well, I guess Lun does . . .
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:44 am

I think I already threw my chip in to the cyclical theory. It seems all too coincidental; there can't ever be any "real" forerunners, the city buried underneath Estrana is Janwen (also lending itself to the "history is cyclical" bit), Traziun's memory of something like the PS happening a long time ago...
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Re: A Few More Theories/Questions

Postby fwacho » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:45 pm

Wellsy630 wrote:.

1) Do you think that the shadows that Rhue plunges throughout the city are the auras of the other shadow swords? I guess this would mean that Rhue (or any previous bearer of his sword) had defeated those swords at some point. It just strikes me as odd since there were supposedly five Shadow Swords (and Illuminati . . .) and you fight five shadows. The one at the end of the game seems like it could be a projection of Rhue's own sword, so couldn't the other shadows be sword auras as well?

there's more than that.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Re: A Few More Theories/Questions

Postby PsychicK » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:08 am

Wellsy630 wrote:1) Do you think that the shadows that Rhue plunges throughout the city are the auras of the other shadow swords? I guess this would mean that Rhue (or any previous bearer of his sword) had defeated those swords at some point. It just strikes me as odd since there were supposedly five Shadow Swords (and Illuminati . . .) and you fight five shadows. The one at the end of the game seems like it could be a projection of Rhue's own sword, so couldn't the other shadows be sword auras as well?

Mmmm, I havn't thought of that. And according to fwacho, you're on the right track :)
What about Night Stalker? (I think that's the name... The sword Traziun found.) Rhue didn't defeat it.

Wellsy630 wrote:2)The physical nature of the Way. For some reason, the background picture E6Choice2.png (in the Panorama folder, during the Lexus ending) got me to thinking of the actual physical nature of the Way. Could it possibly be a ringworld? I know, it's in Dream Estrana, so it might mean nothing, but it would account for the seeming cyclical nature of the Way. I guess it's not that important, but that picture got me thinking . . .

I have thought the same, while looking at this picture. It really seems like the End of the Way, but the problem is it appears in Dream Estrana... And what really is that place, that Rhue thought to be Landorin Strech? He has seen it in his dreams, but now we know it might be the End of the Way, or at least near it, if there IS an end for the way.

~Calus
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:06 am

Thanks, PsychicK, glad somebody else had the same thought about that pic that I did.

So what about those shadows that you fight? I can't explain how Traziun's sword might fit in . . . and there really has been very little discussion on what the shadows might be - they've GOT to have some significance. I'm still leaning toward the defeated Shadow Sword theory, anyone have other thoughts?
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby PsychicK » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:38 am

Rhue was created by his shadow sword (And taking a big piece from Jeruh's personality/memories), as far as I understood. Maybe there were others, and they appeared now as the shadows? I find this less likely, though. Another possibility is that the 4 shadows are the 4 Illuminati swords which were lost within the Reaches. That guy down in Janwen says that one remained above.

~PsychicK
P.S. In my last post I signed as Calus, cause I'm used to use that nickname on most of the forums I am registered :P
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:09 am

What about Night Stalker? (I think that's the name... The sword Traziun found.) Rhue didn't defeat it.

You can defeat it though.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:18 am

What about Night Stalker? (I think that's the name... The sword Traziun found.)

Night Reaper.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Impossible » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:48 pm

Strayed believes that only Phantom Slasher had a projection, because it was some special thing relating to the background with Kura - and yes, that part does make sense. But if it works out to be something else, and all Shadow Swords can have a projection, then we may have fought Night Reaper in the Pits.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby PsychicK » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:08 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:

You can defeat it though.

What do you mean?

I forgot about the shadow in the Pits. If it is the Night Reaper, then it's a serious coincidence that he ran into it...
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:50 pm

Oh, I was thinking of the shadow in the pits. And it wouldn't be a coincidence, since we knew the sword was down there.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby ReaperGal » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:42 pm

Whoa. That just blew my mind. I really hope that's the way it is, because it rocks.

Edit: And that might explain why his sword freaks out after that fight. I think it freaks out if you win, and I'm certain it does if you lose. That's how he got some of those blade auras, because it was the ones that were in that shadow sword.

So that would mean that all the swords have their own little projections, but it's Rhue's sword that really started to kill lots of people. Were the other swords just content to hang out in the pits or other places?

Eh. It's late here... Actually, it's only quarter to six, but I'm tired. Leave me alone.
ReaperGal
S2 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:39 pm

I know this hasn't got anything to do with any of the above mentionned...
But in terms of the way being cycilcal... what about watching the stars and moon(or freaky tiny planet), which is what serena did with midian...
That WOULD suppose it's an actual Planet!

Lame Theory/Interesting Thought in the estrana forum is indeed very interesting, and what if the third shadow would be Eyashu...? Just guessing and don't have much evidence... if anybody is interested I'll post it later...( just has something to do with why Eyashu died or went missing)

And in episode 2, rhue almost says something before trazuin cuts his line...
just as they enter lide he's almost going to say: this place, it's... "I know this place". BUt then traz cuts in and says it's ugly yea...
It's quite remarkable that Rhan is there too, which I mistook for being the same as Jeruh (hence my avatar!) I thought that the jeruh charset was supposed to be rhan... Btw something more about rhan isn't what it seems.. RHUE RHAN...? and he's walking trough the snow along side with sacrificia in the closing credits of episode 5...? who is rhan and has he gotten any connection to rhue or jeruh? could he and jeruh have been brothers? most unlikely seeing that jeruh was lyrra's bro, but still. Rhue might have been there b4, in his trailing of jeruh...
It also baffles me to see rhue jump and run at the speed of gauis during the 'revelation' sequence. And, gauis always talks about the man THEY killed, but rhue was the only one that killed jeruh. Could gauis be referring to another man?
Meh, it's really late, I'm gonna sleep now, considering nobody is going to read my post anyhow.
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby PsychicK » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:36 pm

There's no connection between the names, Rhue and Rhan. Rhan is just a nice guy who gives you an item in Episode 4 (Or 5, I don't remember) :P

Gaius was refering to Jeruh as they guy they both killed. Rhue was the one to get the kill, but Gaius was there hunting down Jeruh, too.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby 1commander » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:15 am

EmperorJeramyu wrote: the city buried underneath Estrana is Janwen

How do you know this?
1commander
Plyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion