BETA TOPIC: Interesting Messages...

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

BETA TOPIC: Interesting Messages...

Postby Christophomicus » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:20 pm

Did anyone else find this?

It's a late night, but I'm almost finished. Watched some movies tonight with the neighbor
girls. Man, I've got to add enemies to the Forest area after this. I think I'll easily finish before the end of February. Might do some special stuff for Lexus quest.

Episode 3 got released just a little while back, been getting about 2 or 3 letters a day.
Trying to help everyone who is asking me questions as best I can.

I'm still feeling lots of pressure to do something that "matters". Games are considered to
be silly and childish by a lot of people around me. Or maybe it's just me.

They don't see it the way I do. That's all right.

Lun

February 9, 2003

Down in the caves after the mine-cart puzzle, before you fight "Core", you can find this message in Notes.

Also, when talking to THE GIRL for the first time (when you wake up in The City), there are notes too, as if they represent Rhue's thoughts.

Anyone? >_>
Favourite Anime: Naruto, Ai Yori Aoshi, Comic Party
Favourite Games: Viewtiful Joe, Wario Ware, The Way, Naufragar
Christophomicus
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:45 pm

The entire game is full of this kind of stuff, some are self reminders, some are comments about the scene, and some are like the one you posted. Theres also coded messages too, we should probably try to figure out some of them.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:11 pm

The best is still:
Slade:I.. I never saved a
single one...

Note: That sucks.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Christophomicus » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:13 pm

Interesting.

I must run through the game and find them all now.
Favourite Anime: Naruto, Ai Yori Aoshi, Comic Party
Favourite Games: Viewtiful Joe, Wario Ware, The Way, Naufragar
Christophomicus
Plyn

Postby War » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:22 pm

Then there was the creepy one in E5 that LunC toke out were he said he was going to end The Way here because he though he would die :shock:
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Ryethe » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:10 pm

There's still those crazy coded messages on the start map. A gave them to a friend who has worked with ciphers before and he didn't even know where to start. I think we will never figure it out :/
Ryethe
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:26 pm

Yeah, I haven't even tied to comprehend those, I've started out with something alittle more possible. Naimly, in the map called PBW Boys house, the guy on the left side of the table has a code in the event, its:

iyhnlsytba aserteaijx dmoddoioai rswfsdnmax ltouxategx eiseamwccn

Then it says "The key is his name", and assuming it meens the name of the event, since the guy himself has no name, its BISHOP. I've tried every code and cipher i can find on it and no luck.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby DSOK » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:15 pm

"BISHOP" has the right number of letters to be an Enigma code word. Heh.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:41 pm

If thats that german one, I really dont know anything about it besides it used some kind of box or somthing. Anyway, I had forgotten this, but Amgard noticed that BISHOP is 6 letters and the code is split into 6 sections. Coincidense or not?
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby War » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:19 pm

Ukk the Enigma box. I wounder if there is a Enigma boxs translater some were on the net.
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:53 pm

I've found a few enigma simulators but none of them can dechiper messages, and from what I can tell, dont involve any keywords.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby DSOK » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:12 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:I've found a few enigma simulators but none of them can dechiper messages, and from what I can tell, dont involve any keywords.

The enigma code was based on three (or four, for naval machines, late in the war) rotating wheels, whose settings changed after each keystroke. The six letters determined the initial positions of the wheels, in two sets of three, although my memory fails me as to how exactly they encoded the inital positions.

Incidentally, the key to breaking the code was that no letter was ever represented as itself in the ciphertext. Especially since some transmitters sent the same messages every day, this made it possible to weed out all the incorrect initial settings. Because this could get tedious, if the Germans weren't sloppy, Alan Turing invented his computing machine to do the work automatically.

I was really only kidding that it might be an Enigma code though.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby War » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:04 pm

Yes, but LunC seems like the type to put in a enigma code.
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:07 pm

Well, its the only idea I have left right now, so unless someone comes up with somthing better we might as well see what it decodes to in the enigma code.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby fwacho » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:10 pm

The messages are there for a fw pusporses.
1) give you guys somehting to do once you beat the game
2) it's kind of like putting his signature on the game so that no one can steal it and say they made it.
3) you also have to remeber that the story kind of writes it's self after a while (if you understand a lot of the mysteries) and as an author Lun simply comments on how he feels about it.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion