BETA TOPIC: Quite a scavenger hunt hidden in the coding

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

BETA TOPIC: Quite a scavenger hunt hidden in the coding

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:55 pm

Finally, after about a week of playing Lun's mind games, I've actually found somthing useful pertaining to The Way

It started in the final scene that showed Kloe and Rhue looking at the sword, in one of the birds flying by was the coding "A crack in the wall inside the main hall."

This was the easiest clue, in a crack in the central hall map was the coding"TF MT 13 39". This turned out to meen "Twisted Forest Middle Top, 13,39".

At that location I found "A sunset on the wall Is prettier by far Then a fireball In the kitchen". This is were it got tricky, not only is it pretty wierd to begin with, it ended up leading to 2 clues. The first one being in the sunset picture in Sorya's house, that said:
Code: Select all
L4  W1           L1 W3
          L5  W3           L2  W4
          L5  W5

and the second one being the fireplace in the kitchen of Sorya's house saying "Flies on the wall Buzzing around the sink Perhaps they want a drink Ready the faucet There is room for one Fill it to the brink"

Now, I was able to follow the second clue to ready room #1 in the arena were there is a picture of a bird flying, right below a sink. In the sink I found "sneipgel osrom stech". Which is just a scrambled version of "Sleeping rooms chest"

In the chest in the map called "Sleeping rooms" was the message "In the city, under a bridge, at the hundreth parallel." Now following these directions, I found one last message, a very interesting one at that:

"Serena's hair was the same as her sister's. I guess you knew that."

Now that could meen any number of things, I'll leave it up to you guys to decide who her sister was, I've had enough of Lun's games for now.

Exept, one last thing. I never solved the code in the picture, and the poem said itself that the picture code leads to far better things then the fireplace one that I followed.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Flibbo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:57 pm

Lun seems to have practiacally loaded Episode 6 with hidden messages. Like in "PBW boy's house" the guy on the left is called "bishop" with the notes
The key is in his name

iyhnlsytba aserteaijx dmoddoioai rswfsdnmax ltouxategx eiseamwccn
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:22 pm

I remember that...I stared at that one for a very. long. time....Then I moved on....
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:26 pm

Also, in the map "Start Map", there's an event with a whole mass of garbled code. It's irritatingly mysterious.

Sage Of The Wise wrote:"Serena's hair was the same as her sister's. I guess you knew that."

I'd guess this is probably talking about Scatha and "The Girl". It makes the most sense.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:36 pm

Yeah, theres all kinds of codes and weird messages, this is just the only one I've made any sense of.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:25 am

Man, I always hated the idea of Serena being Scatha's sister, but it might make sense now...

And for the record, Lun, this does NOT count as closure in any way, shape or form on Scatha. Yes, it would explain how she knew Rhue and how she knew Serena, but it's not actually IN THE GAME. We don't actually have an explanation of how it all fits together.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:40 am

Maybe
L4 W1 L1 W3
L5 W3 L2 W4
L5 W5
is a code to reading another code... L=line W=word...
Line 4, Word 1
Line 1, Word 3
Line 5, Word 3
Line 2 Word 4
Line 5, Word 5

Or length and width of a map.

Hell, I'm just taking random guesses right now...

Oh... and, assuming the sister was Scatha? What the hell is that.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:19 am

Because. Sister, blonde hair, and we should know them. We should have worked it out, apparently. Maybe Lun has been making a different game to the one we're playing, because he never gave us anywhere near enough information to know that!
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:34 am

It could be Kloe... Kloe was mentioned to have been rescued from a river when she was younger. The shadow family (Slade's memory) may only be assuming that she died. Kloe could've been lost in the water and they assumed she drowned (yeah... rivers love little girls).
Last edited by Strayed Wanderer on Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:47 am

Uh, the connection we're making isn't who the little sister is, it's who Serena's sister with the same colour hair as her is. Which makes things much easier. That's why Scatha knows her, and why she recognises the Jeruh of Rhue.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:07 am

Honestly, the only girl I'd pick to be Serena's sister would be The Girl (assuming she isn't Serena, because my theories wouldn't allow that). I wouldn't assume The Girl was actually Serena for a few reasons, but after completing the game, we know that Serena hated Jeruh. It's true that most of the characters aren't fully aware of what they were in life but they have some idea, and if Serena hated Jeruh I wouldn't she would give a shit about him in The City, she wasn't portrayed by Lyrra as the type of girl that would pick an unconscious guy out of the street.

Anyway, I just felt like making the point that we still aren't in the position to assume things like that.

Oh, and since Serena and Jeruh's families traveled together, if Serena was Scatha's sister, Slade would be her brother. So either Jeruh or Lyrra probably would've met Slade at some point, and none of them ever show a mysterious recognition of each other.

Scatha knowing Serena would be a mystery in that case though... but either way, you run into holes.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:26 am

As I said, I never liked the idea of Serena being Scatha's sister, but Lun seems to be implying this in his note. Weird that Slade and Lyrra would have no idea about each other... I guess they just didn't recognise each other if they did meet - actually, come to think of it, they only saw each other VERY briefly.

Serena could theoretically still be The Girl... She definitely had no idea that Rhue had Jeruh's memory. And we don't know THAT much about Serena's personality. In any case, it's just too big a coincidence that the only new/major character in E6 to actually receive a fucking faceset is one who seems to intentionally have no name. But wait, we can never get an answer to yet another mystery because E6 is The End.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:01 am

Ya know... he never did say the sister was still alive... she could just be the blonde girl Jeruh killed at Landorin.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:06 pm

think about it, if serena died at landorin, then rhue's sword must have been present for her to be in dream estrana, right? And do people age inside that place?, I wouldn't thinkso since kavax was still rather young and healthy.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Alundra » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:52 pm

the only thing that comes to mind dear friends is this: the girl resembles chasta like no other (the shadowy figure from slades flashback)...
scatha said herself she's gone beyond the pits... maybe she's dead ... or at least her 'innocense'... indeed serena wouldn't pick up a guy from the street, but chasta would... kloe however acts very snotty and snobbish towards rhue from the beginning... WHAT IF KLOE who has also got blond hair is serena...? that somehow she's still alive...? wouldn't the ending of rhue ending up with kloe be a severe punch in the face? both of them oblivious to their actual identity and past??? i don't recall rhue telling much about serena to kloe for starters... consider it.
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion