BETA TOPIC: Quite a scavenger hunt hidden in the coding

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:34 am

Angel_OA wrote:
Sarcasm wrote:I still stand behind the fact that the mists are a scheme of the guided

That's a fact now?

In the inner logic of my theory, yes, in general, no.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:04 pm

My theory was that the 'mists' was the explosion on Janwen ages and ages ago, and when people wanted an explanation the Guided/Tetzel/who ever else their leader may have been made up all the stuff about the purpose and the forrunners and the mists and got into power. Which would meen the mists dont exist anymore, but the guy who talks about this mists could have been in that explosion to begin with.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Poenaensis » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:10 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:My theory was that the 'mists' was the explosion on Janwen ages and ages ago, and when people wanted an explanation the Guided/Tetzel/who ever else their leader may have been made up all the stuff about the purpose and the forrunners and the mists and got into power. Which would meen the mists dont exist anymore, but the guy who talks about this mists could have been in that explosion to begin with.

This would also explain why people would want to keep ahead of the mists. It fits very well with the guided ethic, a mist which destroys settlements, to force people to keep moving.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Tactician Czanos » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:26 pm

Yes, that could make sense. Now that we all have our mists theories, it would seem that it is time to play through yet again to find some evidence.

And as for the painting, some really sketchy thinking could conclude that if Phantom is Lun, then the girl is a person he knew, and she had something important to him? No, that doesn't sound right. I'll have to think on it when I am more awake.

And I've lurked around these boards long enough to realize you don't mean to be harsh in your words, Sarcasm, so no hard feelings.
Tactician Czanos
Wanderer

Postby MusashiEX » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:14 pm

Tactician Czanos wrote:And I've lurked around these boards long enough to realize you don't mean to be harsh in your words, Sarcasm, so no hard feelings.

That clearly marks you as a person who doesn't lurk around enough.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Pnx » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:23 pm

Just thought I should point out a few things and yes I know it's been over a month since the last post.

First up has anybody noticed that Gaius say's at the area where you fight Strata that it used to be the end of the way and apparently Lun was going to end the game there? The end of the way might literally have meant the end of The Way.

Second and this might not actually help. But I have written quite a few stories most of them short and a fairly long series is about this tower at the edge of Phene that is linked to the disappearance of hundreds. But anyway the point is that this tower was looming indestructible and impenetrable. It had this aura of fear around it people are constantly scared of it for reasons that they put down to the large amount of disappearances around it. It actually feels allot like the citadels because there are allot more towers like it. But anyway the tower was called thaeD
:wink:

When you come across Traziun and those blood Lyn it is said that the Guided keep trying to tear down the citadels, a lot like how a certain kind of organization does to a certain thing which happens to everyone sooner or later.
Hope that helps but then again it might not.
Pnx
Wanderer

Postby Angel_OA » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:56 pm

Pnx wrote:When you come across Traziun and those blood Lyn it is said that the Guided keep trying to tear down the citadels, a lot like how a certain kind of organization does to a certain thing which happens to everyone sooner or later.
Was that some sort of riddle?
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:08 pm

I think he was trying to describe Bush's posse.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby JLAF » Tue May 22, 2007 9:53 pm

Code: Select all
qANQR1DBw04DLc2KXKOZXuEQEACZTfBVTYVG1HQLv0OUtziU2B0focg2CDrVw3m3OTi+jsb45/RQQtTzFl1QOK65Elnw70aNW33A
LEQp3kLmMt9cX0hmEc6tmgQzzysq+Pwf5fq2W5lCwRW2WiuUvGBEWEk2Gk0+mKNE23EbsHBdTEfq1B8eLGJzOl8BrQrfTSu9DhXYNqp5R
hG6Ywoo6YJ12pH0nyzAm0JyjKXVupYMk9/VM8SoKPgOrWX10IiNCv/8r2clE7KoWSPteDdxGsZ6cuy2XxlJuP5yfKIN27o0PoyQnN3JLsj1ac
osgJ4nD8IaWKbhEEnyA6GF6q3+ZwZWxBBJeelE0YUVTBIM/8+WGcXX8J2kGMPWFxmOeD97NoiI9WAEf3mPrvAGmR2txBgMAKZRxFLG
R1GkBCqBFRQL4tPPd+IP1NTW/1DW/sUpK9XVgbL6k0hpuMbalIOnvnvuIdA6o4e68Vp7UAFXuHGVqTSY4utbuYu3DKQQFpLMAiWi9JFEwlH
kgr8r888R65NFZbNMnDb2gpzmfRndSNWG/JDhZGDpVOwN2Z7fvGL2Mr/QIKMbcry80Ew+tHse1QiBxQyUlAhyJq7bBZFwqqaZBXVN8DooT
SdIQcOPshvXRYx+UG496hCBrkylFjAosCQfnP+LADlxCuLIpNU3g98VdmA+y/S9UX1BO8b+ZvJb+kAY1BAA6XZ8zXZk2uaXYpqAnivjpCq
aLZ+wgdfpPr4M/dakVuLe3P2uTfrW6O4vxl7pDVTXiFRz3G0625KfqDfYs+dZ59fIg+vHjODKBEtaD8kBG5bSI9TmDjmqhmNRkljyxByxJGIC
BbnhZPsq0WnTSry36NvzWbsZb9hs1pdNXVk/YuZcGLH2AdXeNwmeQFzQ9u0iE2Wbz8vxl2ZRGoihr6/0Z16SYgsEHR3Kd/RdnHNNEZQqX3
5fsF9ynegsMc7q/ibyHkSvBzcKqfnqVMl6FqeuovHPIhYY605o07EdpLtK6nMZrGim3F5fC7cZmoCMAuOZ35R3d6H9NKr4/379092MWDCrON
tsMpNtWmjrPqz6K38RuymLUB0se9tRtVvNS/gKy6BV3J5O4a1ZeTLm7WJRh/YvLYSxv6ZG+mQuvzzlhDpinSAHA0a78xEf

PZLnHhAhJkjTaZMzNLOtx8YJFIwYKSS6HHb5fZfCVk1hxbz5aI7EvAxJt8TnQhQeFw1rkMedpb63ybFLSckE6yV1sHWZtaf5cjMSBo+TvvGhG
oGttBaubme3YXElrAWRvtMZO5VIWRQPMkuJ4bFffrOYSmzJ8JaraTMaT2R9j5xPGJQDMgVcDj1llVKvZjm0IPB1U7c5YK+DJzcruKlMxaUTtB
5I3kUZUDJElWCY8WbA2X+8o0DJJtgEXrJf/xPWQ1TSlZSIpv2LO713yZxxZCsCTBwmSWNc4JglX+Y5
=h7os

SHORTER VERSION

qANQR1DBwE4DtTAVq5jVdF4QA/sG04ZyMNhoVP+Ab7IfXzbFDE02tqRAPf+q1U2TSWdBQyudS24rdhiM3/OkPDuR1bDn4hu8ILUeIv4hx+
Lc8Z7pfqaPsOXQmNYI7gsFstvDyiAMs5O5uauiGj0Bq8CXEdWKYCrOBoPkvGpjrMrUuuq0vOrklEs7xDCo6kbNZ19tkwQAg742aQivdDHDq
ut5CJCnyAzjrwFJG126crQ+nsYXBeO6dS/lpebbjUmm33qWvimfls9KcCrzyScRtsU20hAdSgdMhNzgKMA/ofIPmlsxcp48MwQWkVXtOuim/
d45iim2cyNhJz7W7ZmTgDyIehGxZppM0o6ArTxGN0kwebka30zJJhmMdYhwPojKqdk0n3JP1A7vPLyejnlhHP2IR9zuLQeDsRjINSeV
=meur
I'm posting the code here for two reasons. First off, I'm tierd of getting it out of the comments. Second, have to noticed that the codes end both end in a "=____" while the rest of the code is completely without an equals sign? I have no idea if this is a characteristic of PGP code, but it'd be worth trying as the key if you haven't already (I can't find a PGP decrypter myself). I've been thinking the key might be in the event for a while now... after all, that's the way it was with that guy who's name was the key.
Last edited by JLAF on Tue May 22, 2007 11:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I'm not giving you my signature!
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Tue May 22, 2007 11:10 pm

Is there any way to reformat that so it doesn't make the topic all screwy-looking?
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue May 22, 2007 11:25 pm

I doubt the PGP code is crackable. I took sort of a crash course in cryptography. All I worked with was RSA, but it was irritatingly difficult, and RSA is chicken scratch compared to PGP. And as was previously noted, both the public and private keys used to decode such a message could be just as long as the message itself. No doubt the "=____" is some sort of facet of PGP, but it's just not enough, methinks.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby JLAF » Tue May 22, 2007 11:50 pm

Fixed it so it wasn't screw. (At my resolution anyway...)

And Jera, I was just hoping that ln had given us the key in an easy to find place, and tried to trick us into thinking it was part of the code. A man can dream...

Also, I've wondered for a long time now exactly was the shorter version IS. Is it just a summery? Or is it the key to cracking the code? I've noted that they both start with "qANQR1DBw." However, I'm beginning to think once more that lun never wanted us to know what is said in this code.
I'm not giving you my signature!
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Wed May 23, 2007 11:50 am

Maybe it is a test to draw out a person worthy enough to have the knowledge of Lun bestowed upon them, or it could be a complete wild goose chase for us until the next The Way game comes out (if at all).
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed May 23, 2007 1:48 pm

All pgp messages end in with a '=' then some letters. And as for each message starting with "qANQR1DB", i've found this explanation:
According to the RFC2440, an OpenPGP implementation can place a "Tag 10" "Marker Packet" containing the text "PGP" as the first packet
in a message in order to indicate that the message contains features not
implemented in PGP 2.6.x. A Tag 10 "PGP" packet, when ASCII armored,
turns into "qANQR1DB" or thereabouts. If your messages were beginning
with "qANQR1DB", then I would know that you are using a version of PGP
more recent than 2.6.x.

Oh, and for getting pgp, try looking here.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Wed May 23, 2007 3:43 pm

So what other than this code is left to solve now? There is the M2O room with the numbers 3 6 4 _11 8 6 16 1 7, but I feel like I am forgetting at least one other thing.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion