BETA TOPIC: Quite a scavenger hunt hidden in the coding

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Victor » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:31 pm

Haha. Ok, you guys are going to laugh. :lol:

I was working on a file with all the clues that had been located and whatever solutions had been found to see if I could spot any relations between codes and so on. So I was adding in the info for the sequence of codes which we know spell CITADEL backwards when I got to Sorya's house.

I kept thinking how it seemed that every clue led you to the next one, except for the painting, since the previous clue led you to both the painting and the fireplace. Also, the painting was D, and the fireplace was A, which following the logic would mean that the clue in the painting would lead you to the fireplace.

Suddenly I realized that the fireplace's clue, aside from being an odd "riddle," was also obviously made up of several of lines. So I decided to use the old "Line/Word" idea on it. Heh, here's the funny part:
Code: Select all
Ready   the
 room    sink
 one

Now, wasn't that the location of the next clue? In the sink found in ready room #1? See? Hilarious! :shock: Well, one less problem to resolve.

P.S.: Ha, I have another dose of humor for you guys. So I was looking over the different portraits when I found one which seemed to have some familiar katakana. So I googled for a katakana table and identified them as fu, ri, ku, and ri. Heh. Furi Kuri. FLCL. Another source of inspiration maybe?
Victor
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:24 pm

I thought that the code might also just lead to the ready room, but I couldnt figure out how. Not sure why I didn't try that though. Probably because I was convinced the weird spacing of the code ment somthing.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Dy3000 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:56 am

Just wondering, so where exactly did "In the city, under a bridge at the 100th parallel mean? I checked a couple of bridge events on the x axis of 100 but didn't see it.
Dy3000
Wanderer

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:06 am

I thought it was the Y-axis... I could be wrong though
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Victor » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:45 am

It took me a bit to find it too. It's in the bridge to the right of the arm of estrana, I think. Its y coordinate isn't quite 100, it was like 104 or something.
Victor
Plyn

Postby Alundra » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:41 am

Victor dude, could you be so kind to actually post what you found, cuz i've been clicking everything in every bridge and the only thing I found is the quote about serena's hair...
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:51 am

It is the quote about Serena's hair.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Alundra » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:49 pm

sage, it might sound a little stupid, but i'm not going to go trough every post here... but the event with serena's hair was called 'C'... isn't there an easy way just finding an event with the name A, B,...? or maybe just the W and the L...? or whatever letters there were... might be faster then to look everywhere? or maybe there's an event called citadel or something?
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:06 pm

Yeah, well that occured to me awhile ago. Unfortunatly the only ones are C,I,T,A,D,E,L. no other letters. And searching for Citadel doesnt bring up anything either.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Dy3000 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:27 am

Maybe search in that Episode where the Citadel was first seen and mentioned and check the events around that scene?
Dy3000
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:44 pm

Checked, all thats there is a little note by Lun talking about the scene:
"This part is a late addition right before I put Episode 3 out to the beta testers. Gives some more good backround info. I use some picture techniques that I've practiced using in later Episodes already. Lun."

I'm going to go check out the ep6 title screen again though.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Toolophile » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:54 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Well, I decode somthing, even though it ended up being useless. In the phantom's lair there a piece of paper that says:
IDEAL RIFF
FACIAL IRON
I PLOT MY BASH

The first line unscrambles to Fairview, and the second line is California. I couldn't figure out the third. Impossible thinks it meens that Lun was the mastermind behind Porter's quote on Bash.org

The first line of that translates into Fairfield... So it's Fairfield, California

And the last line has the word bishop in it but I checked its anagrams and the only one with bishop in it was "Malty Bishop"

Some more anagrams for the third line:

A Symbol Pith,
Baptism Holy,
MISPLAY BOTH,
MAY BOTH SLIP...
Toolophile
Plyn

Postby MonsterKingRen » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:34 pm

Sound clip 3. It clearly says, "These are the"

Okay

Forget the clearly.

But it sounds like "These are the..."

Let me check it with some sound editing program.

And they're reversed ? Maybe you didn't have to. Heh. I'l check them out.
Edit again: They have to be reversed. You are right.

Edit: Now that I think about it, aren't those the demon voices ? It could very well be gibberish. I'm still checking them out.

Well, the only one I'm almost close to maybe trying to make sense out of is the third. And it's two people talking. Or at least someone speaking in two different voices.

These are the.
I'm pretty sure it says these are the. I have no idea what goes after it.

EDITS MEANWHILE BECAUSE I'M DUMB

These are the Greater, Crater, Grater. I think. Creator ? Sounds like that.

Then it's... tri-orals... Tri-ultras ? No, it's definetely not tri-ultras.

I want an anti-distortion.

Try something.

These are the greater try orals.

...ARgh. Sleep.
MonsterKingRen
Wanderer

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:22 am

. . . Could you edit the post so it will be . . . less confusing?
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Elachim » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:07 am

MonsterKingRen wrote:These are the greater try orals.

Trials, maybe?
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion