BETA TOPIC: Quite a scavenger hunt hidden in the coding

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:35 pm

Can someone explain to me where can I find the acursed encrypted file? asuming I can find it I can check what my M4D HAXZ0R!!1 friend can do.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:42 pm

In EP6, the map labled "Start Map" in the CODE event.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:20 pm

Thank you
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Stedar » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:16 pm

Impossible wrote:I totally take credit for noticing "citadel", by the way. >_< And I dub this weird shit "The Citadel Mystery", because it sounds cooler than "scavenger hunt in the coding", "stuff that makes no sense in E6", "that L and W thing", and "weird clues".

<Strayed> I've even heard people speak of a
<Strayed> souless and nameless being that
<Strayed> wanders the Way endlessly,\.\. moving
<Strayed> from citadel to citadel.
<Impossible`> Hm.
<Impossible`> I remember that... Where was it again?
<Strayed> I wonder if the phantom's blade is supposed to be a citadel
<Strayed> it connects to the lower way.
<Strayed> Episode 3
<Strayed> outside of matalan
<Impossible`> Oh, right.
<Impossible`> For a moment I thought that they were mentioned again.
<Impossible`> But LUN IS EVIL, so he abandoned the citadels.
<Impossible`> But that doesn't make sense.
<Impossible`> Because the Phantom's Blade isn't ON The Way.
<Impossible`> The Arm of Estrana is, but that's not a citadel.
<Strayed> or is it? MUAHAHA.
<Impossible`> The Phantom's Blade is in The City, which is in Rhue's sword.
<Strayed> But where is the sword?
<Impossible`> ...
<Impossible`> The sword isn't a citadel.
<Strayed> pff, you're no fun.
<Impossible`> It's a Shadow Sword, that's why it does that.
<Impossible`> But you're right, the Phantom's Blade DOES seem like a citadel.
<Impossible`> If we assume that The City itself, the fact that it's really Estrana, is because Rhue's sword absorbed the essence of the city...
<Impossible`> Could Rhue's sword have absorbed the essence of a citadel, too?
<Impossible`> But citadels can't be destroyed.
<Strayed> Yeah, or entered.
<Impossible`> The fact that nobody can get inside them makes the Phantom's Blade sound like one.
<Impossible`> It had that weird barrier.
<Strayed> the 6 flow aura.
<Impossible`> Why DID Lyrra have the power to get through there? Just because she's Jeruh's sister?
<Impossible`> Deus Ex fucking Machina...

Edit: The clues were found in the order L E D A T I C, citadel backwards. So much for any significance that rearranging the letters in order might have had when used with the L and W bit...

If The Tower is considered a Citadel in DE (It does make sense because no one could ever find a way in them) And also they lead... To the truth. Based upon what happens to Rhue. So maybe...

(Random Idea)
Tetzel could be hiding in the Citadels, or the info Rhue was looking for could really be in them.

P.S. Those voices, the Blana Sera ones you guys are listening to backwards, are really really FREAKY. I always turn the volume down when i hear them. Maybe Lun didn't want us to suspect them, so he made them horribly creepy.

P.P.S. I was taking a look in the coding, and when i was looking through "The City in E6, the sacrifica in the top left corner has a message saying "Sacrifica, his story goes deeper. I may have failed him in his portrayal.

It seems that Lun really had a whole sad/depressed state while making not only the way, but that period of his life...
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

A Mists Tie-in?

Postby Tactician Czanos » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:51 am

This theory hasn't yet been submitted to all but the most cursory of inspection, but this is what came to me when reading the topic. . .

I'm sure you all remember the note left in the code of the sewer water. . .
Code: Select all
They were sick of the splashing.  No one wanted to get wet any more.
They felt relieved as the water drained into the ground, gathering on the bedrock. I cranked the motor of the saw and split the ground in two.

Carving rock and dirt until I was swallowed by my own displaced canyon.
My feet got wet, but I cut through the bedrock, right down to the core of the world which was too dense and splintered my saw.

I was cut.

The water trickled down and boiled into a fierce steam which burned me as it billowed up
from the wound.  My blood mixed with it and part of me was lost to sky.

They still don't want to get wet, but I go outside when it rains to drink from the sky.

. . . and I was wondering if this had anything to do with the mists. Like say there was a group of people in a large amount of water, when the Lord Below comes along and starts cutting a canyon that all of the water flows into. He cuts too far though, and gets cut himself. (the only reason I would suggest the Lord Below and implying that his saw is metaphorical for Venge.) Then the water boils up and shoots into the air, as a giant wall of mist, with the Lord Below's blood intermixed in it.

This would explain how the mists "get real red, right before they crash down," as the redness is caused by the lord below's blood becoming visible, and the crashing is from a geyser like effect, all of this water being blasted up from the lower way into the middle way. (perhaps the canyon spoken of in the note? It'll take some more thinking.) I haven't tied in the rest of the note to anything though, but I have some ideas.

Anyways, do you guys think that this is feasible?
Tactician Czanos
Wanderer

Postby Angel_OA » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:22 am

Holy shit! I bet that's it! Well in any case that's the closest that we've ever got to solving the mystery of the mists.
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:09 am

Sounds like just another myth to me . . .
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Poenaensis » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:53 am

So citadels and shadow swords have similar properties, perhaps only cerain things can undo them and they are to do with souls. Traz's soul was able to destroy one, lyrra was able to enter the tower.

could the weilders of the illuminati have bult the citadels and to get in you need such a sword.

Or is the tower in DE just representative of the core of the sword, which contains the soul which is rhue's primrary driving force.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Angel_OA » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:14 pm

So citadels and shadow swords have similar properties, perhaps only cerain things can undo them and they are to do with souls.

Yeah, I thought that only really happened in DE where the Phantom's Edge was metophorical of the sword.
Traz's soul was able to destroy one

...huh?
Sounds like just another myth to me . . .

It was mainly the "get real red, right before they crash down" that gave me a boner, as it is very very possible.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Poenaensis » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:20 pm

Angel_OA wrote:
Traz's soul was able to destroy one

...huh?

the sword absorbs aura's, but couldn't absorb Taziuns, so it was destroyed
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:43 pm

That didnt seem to be the reason why it was destroyed from what Gaius said though. Not that any of us no exactly what Gaius ment either though.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Tactician Czanos » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:30 pm

I still stand behind the theory that Rhue's sword was destroyed because the Phantom Slasher didn't believe that Traziun was corrupt. This could also explain how Lyrra gets in, as Jeruh might still see her as an innocent.

I also thought of a possible flaw in my theory, being when Rhue/Mimic goes flying through the mists at the end of ep. six. (If that is indeed what he is doing. A fact I firmly believe) If this is indeed true, I wouldn't necessarily expect erupting geyser mists to stay in the air that long, unless the streams are monumental.

Now that those are out of the way, time to ask the question I originally came here for.

I was recently replaying through the phantom scenes, and two questions came to mind. First, when speaking to the Phantom, he states that there is only one person Rhue really knows in the entire city. Is he talking about Rhue himself, or perhaps the Phantom Slasher?

Secondly, assuming the Phantom is Lun, (may ten thousand enemies curse his name and ten hundred-thousand praise him,) I got the distinct impression that his paintings reflect his previous projects in life. (Games he made, books he wrote, people he knew. . . ) Assuming this is so, would anybody have an idea about what the broken painting signifies? A lot of people believe it signifies the way, but I feel that the painting in the child's knee is much more closely related to the way, and I am reluctant to believe that he would make two paintings depicting the same event.
Am I right, misguided, or dead wrong?

Sorry for having such long posts. . .
Tactician Czanos
Wanderer

Postby Angel_OA » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:41 am

Tactician Czanos wrote: This could also explain how Lyrra gets in, as Jeruh might still see her as an innocent.

Lyrra was a witness to what really happened at the Landorin massacre and Jeruh's sister, so she was the key unlocking the memories and the truth (and in DE, the Tower).
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:40 am

I still stand behind the fact that the mists are a scheme of the guided, and that the guided Shepperd the rest of the wanderers in circles for eternity.

Then again, assuming the mists are real,

Every single word in the man's speech was metaphorical until that part, why would that part be any different? the "mists" turning red as they crush could be a metaphor for the dieing wanderer seeing the light upon death, yet closing his eyes to it.

Before we can discuss the mists, we must understand that even if they exist, they still hold a metaphorical philosophical value

the mists of time, of everything that is forgotten, go on and on, swallowing the past and devouring all these that cannot keep running from them, running from Time since the day of their birth, the wanderers may take many paths, yet in the end they will have to stop and rest, and the mist shall take them.

The mists signify time, and The Way signifies the known Hustler metaphor, if you stop to rest, you die and Time claims you.

Now, no offence, but the things I have said are just as likely as your theory, and, more importantly, just as unlikely.
We have nothing to prove them correct, but they seem logical enough.

As to your second question, did you read the text about the violeen player (also known as The Girl) ? "She trains one day after another for the big concert, spending all her time, but will anyone remember?"

later you get the missing piece of the painting from her house, so perhaps its a clue.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Angel_OA » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:41 am

Sarcasm wrote:I still stand behind the fact that the mists are a scheme of the guided

That's a fact now?
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion