BETA TOPIC: The Big List Of Everything

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:02 pm

Well, Gaius calls Rhue "an anomaly", and the Mimic certainly fits that kind of criteria.

Annotated conversation with "The Woman in red" (At the end of the Reflective Sky dungeon). Signs seem to indicate that she is Traziun's mother, or at least related to him in some way...

WOMAN: Who are you...
Rhue: What?
WOMAN: Is it... "you"?
Rhue: What do you mean?
WOMAN: Of course you aren't him... it doesn't matter what your face looks like.
(If she is Traziun's mom, it would mean she would've had to have been killed in the vicinity of the Phantom Slasher sword. She also recognizes"The Mimic's" face. Perhaps some previous identity? Perhaps Luma? Just throwing some things out there...)
Rhue: I don't know what you're talking about. I've killed before, but I'm not here to kill you. And I don't know why you would think that.
Rhue: I came after you because I was hoping you could tell me everything you know about Shadow Swords.
WOMAN: ... You are strange...
Rhue: ...
WOMAN: Always changing... You're not going to hurt me?
Rhue: I won't hurt you.
WOMAN: All right.
WOMAN: I know a man who's been in possession of a Shadow Sword for quite some time.
WOMAN: I would guess that it has been in his possession for the last few hundred years.
Rhue: What?!
MIDIAN: I don't think so...
WOMAN: Yes, it sounds impossible doesn't it? But that's the first thing you should know about Shadow Swords. Those who possess them do not age physically.
Rhue: They don't grow old?
WOMAN: Not a day. They stay as they are while they continue to possess the Shadow Sword.
SACRIFA: Are you saying that they are immortal?
WOMAN: Not quite.. They can still be killed... but not easily.
MIDIAN: What makes them so flaming powerful?
WOMAN: Shadow Swords can absorb auras like nothing else on the Way.
WOMAN: Full, powerful auras that give the weilder of the sword incredible abilities.
Rhue: Where do they get these auras?
WOMAN: By killing wanderers. Wanderers are the most abundant and easily accessed source of auras.
SACRIFA: And the more people the Shadow Sword kills, the more powerful it becomes?
WOMAN: Actually, it doesn't even have to be used to kill. It merely has to be near as death takes hold.
SACRIFA: How near?
WOMAN: I don't know. But I've heard that Shadow Swords often "prefer" certain victims to others... Sometimes they like to be used to kill, but other times they don't.
(This would seem to be true for all aura-absorbing swords... perhaps the distiniction between shadow swords and illuminati. Needless to say, this would explain why the PS would go after certain types of people... sinful ones or something like that)
Rhue: Picky swords? Sounds like crap.
WOMAN: I'm just telling you what I know.
SACRIFA: How many auras can a Shadow Sword absorb? Could it become infinitely powerful?
WOMAN: That's a very good question with a very interesting answer.
WOMAN: Shadow Swords strongly bind themselves to the natural, or as some say,the original aura, of the one who possesses them.
(This is an interesting thing to take into consideration...)
WOMAN: The bonds become stronger and more intertwined the longer they remain.
WOMAN: However, as the sword absorbs other auras, it binds itself to them as well.
WOMAN: These connections are very weak compared to the connections made with the original aura, but as more and more of them are made, the original/dominant aura's power begins to erode.
WOMAN: After a certain limit the original aura's bonds to its soul and body are suddenly snapped and the other auras rush into the opening.
WOMAN: The soul and body desperately begin to form new connections with the chaotic mass of invading auras which ends up driving the weilder into a state of multiple personality, suicidal madness.
(Multiple personalities? Now THAT'S interesting...)
WOMAN: It's only a matter of time after this occurs that the weilder then kills themself, dispersing the auras and destorying the connections made to them by the Shadow Sword.
(Killing themselves? That sounds familiar...)
MIDIAN: Lands, that's freaky.
Rhue: How many people know this?
WOMAN: Very few, but the man I mentioned knew about it long before it ever had a chance to happen to him.
WOMAN: He spent decades researching and examining the problem trying to findsome solution. To a degree he even succeeded in doing so...
WOMAN: That's another story though.
Rhue: Where is this guy anyway?
WOMAN: Don't ask me. I do know that if you did find him, he wouldn't talk to you. He would only destroy you.
(Kalmar? Or the mimic?)
SACRIFA: Do you know of the aura that surrounds the Phantom's Edge?
SACRIFA: Is it being generated by a Shadow Sword?
WOMAN: It might be, but it could also be generated artificially by some other means. Nothing is certain...
Rhue: What we really want to know is whether you know a way to get through it, or around it.
WOMAN: You're trying to get to the tower?
Rhue:Yes.
WOMAN: Why? Don't you know of the dark horrors that abide there?
MIDIAN: Flaming fires, how would you know? No one has ever been inside!
MIDIAN: There could be a big fat rat inthere, dressed in a clown suit, juggling a dozen kiwis while wearing a blindfold for all we know.
(I love Midian.)
SACRIFA: That's a very creative notion Midian.
MIDIAN: Thank you.
WOMAN: Can't you feel its oppressive darkness?
WOMAN: Even when you are indoors you can sense it brooding over you.
WOMAN: And while it seems to rot just like all the other buildings, it somehow manages to stand in place day after day. It's not to be meddled with.
SACRIFA: But it must be meddled with. For I believe in my heart that the truth ofmany things is cradled at the apex of the Phantom's Edge, in that single solitary cell.
WOMAN: What truth is this?
SACRIFA: I cannot even begin to explain.
MIDIAN: We're not as different as I thought, Sacrifa.
WOMAN: ... You won't be persuaded otherwise?
Rhue: We have to go there.
WOMAN: I'm afraid for you, but I will give you what you need.
WOMAN: Now listen carefully. There is a door in the Lost City that can only be opened with this key. That door leads to an old mining facility whose shafts reach deep into the Pits.
WOMAN: You should be able to go under theshielding aura if you go deep enough. Be careful though,\.\. for many dark things lurk in the deepest depths of the Pits.
WOMAN: Some even tell of a great beast that is anchored to the base of the tower, tens of thousands of feet below the surface.
(Gharon, I'm guessing...)
MIDIAN: Sounds like hell. We'd better pack a lunch.
Rhue: (Wonderful...)

Note that this is from the wave 1 Beta, so maybe some changes have been made since. Someone should look into that briefly. It's a very important conversation that sheds some light on shadow swords, and perhaps the past of some of the characters.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Re: The Big List Of Everything

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:06 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Sacrifa: Venge was supposedly a son of the Lord Below that came to the Middle Way in order to avenge the scarring of his father.
Rhue: The Lord Below was scarred?
Sacrifa: Yes, in a battle with Lyn who were weilding the Illuminati.
Rhue: Hmmm... (That's strange. The poem seems to suggest otherwise.)

Hmmm... isn't the ultra-secret stone Rhue gets in the House of Pnoe called the "Scarred Stone"?
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:40 pm

Yeah, and its description called it the landorin stone.

I thought there was something missing from the poems section and I just realized what it is. If you read the "Venge" peom more than once you will see more lines.

Now thats strange, maby its intended, but my first guess is that Lun changed the poem after coding that and forgot to change it. Maby because he felt it was to ambiguous, or since he used the last two lines in the other poem.

Also, I just noticed some coding for the "Elean Stone" notch item. Its description is "Help comes from an unlikely source when fighting in some battles". Theres only coding for it on the notch item windows, no way to get it, and the switch it flips (1577) doesnt seem to do anything. Looks like somthing that got dumped halfway through, sounded interesting though.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby fwacho » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:05 pm

Emporer,

that long post is most interesting research, That conversation wasn't there when I alpha'd so long ago.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:22 pm

Damn, I intended to get a lot of work done on this in the next few days, but I'vr just come down with some nasty virus, and I just cant concentrate on it long enough to get anything done.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby cursethemountain » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:55 pm

some book titles and some small notes

names of books in Jopaga's lab

"Tales of the Nameless One." //Rhue?
"Auras - Volume I"
"Auras - Volume II"

"Absorption Studies"
"Body, Soul, and Aura."
"Dimensions of the Mind." //Dream Estrana?

"Forgery of the Purpose."
"Study #1 - Victims of Natural Aura Deprivation."

"Study #2 - Aura Transplanting."
"Study #3 - Artificial Aura Crafting."

book titles in shadow inn

Mysteries of Ponum Point, //possibly the place from rhue's early memories?
The Molek Massacre, //Rhue's massacre memory?
Legends of Stomgrod.

The Artistic Renderings of Kleunwrade
Volumes I, II, and III.

Playfair
Double Playfair
Double Transposition

Seiteki Kemono
Beautiful Girl
The Lame Dew Snell

The Horror of Existence
The Fear of Non-existence
The Epiphany of Life

The Curse We Wear //living forever in the darkness of rhue's mind?
Power and Plague //possesion of a shadow sword?
Opaque Square

Nothing is Never Enough
Something Means Something
No One, No Where //Rhue, in dream estrana?

A Smokey Flash
Sparky Nights
Holly in the Tree

The Valley Flood
Haskin's Ford //haskin? the guy from the house of pnoe?
Shore and Mud

The Ocean
Sea of Humanity
Erosion of the Rock

Graduation
She Walks
I'm in the Know

Sorya's house

"Regrets of a Life Unlived."
"Outside Pressures."
"The Strange Uncle."
"Easy Road to Oblivion."

"Recollections Of Better Days."
"A Change In The Wind."
"Starting Over Again."
"Peace In Obscurity."

"M 2 0"
"Phlounder"
"Anonymous."
"C & H Band."

"Rushing To Failure."
"The Talent Wasted."
"The Day Of The Clock."
"Searching For Peace."

"The Third Child."
"A Beast Within." //Rhue?
"Father and Son Opposed." //Traziun and Kalmar?
"The Enemy."

"A New Revolution."
"Extinguish Your Candle."
"The Unlikely Trio."
"A Star Burns Out."
Alan:
Moo cows. Do you like moo
cows? Can you make a moo cow noise?
You know, like...
Mooooooooo!

Alan:
Is there any versimilitude
to the injunction that you are a
corpulent singleton?
cursethemountain
Plyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:43 pm

"Tales of the Nameless One." //Rhue?

There is also a poem at the dinner party about this.

"Nameless, they say of he.
No word to claim as his own
No place to call his home.
Nameless, they say of he.
No memories to call his own.
No grave to rest his bones."
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby cursethemountain » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:41 am

i have that poem in an updated version of my list...
no grave to rest his bones // Rhue:"I HAVE NO END!"
Alan:
Moo cows. Do you like moo
cows? Can you make a moo cow noise?
You know, like...
Mooooooooo!

Alan:
Is there any versimilitude
to the injunction that you are a
corpulent singleton?
cursethemountain
Plyn

Postby fwacho » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:25 pm

curse th mountain...
that was neat stuff... I'll give you a few hints. what some of it is about. One series of books tells a short version of a real life story. other books are importnat groups Lun has been involved with. and some of it is pure gold.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner Traziun » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:50 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:Well, Gaius calls Rhue "an anomaly", and the Mimic certainly fits that kind of criteria.

Annotated conversation with "The Woman in red" (At the end of the Reflective Sky dungeon). Signs seem to indicate that she is Traziun's mother, or at least related to him in some way...

WOMAN: Who are you...
Rhue: What?
WOMAN: Is it... "you"?
Rhue: What do you mean?
WOMAN: Of course you aren't him... it doesn't matter what your face looks like.
(If she is Traziun's mom, it would mean she would've had to have been killed in the vicinity of the Phantom Slasher sword. She also recognizes"The Mimic's" face. Perhaps some previous identity? Perhaps Luma? Just throwing some things out there...)
Rhue: I don't know what you're talking about. I've killed before, but I'm not here to kill you. And I don't know why you would think that.
Rhue: I came after you because I was hoping you could tell me everything you know about Shadow Swords.
WOMAN: ... You are strange...
Rhue: ...
WOMAN: Always changing... You're not going to hurt me?
Rhue: I won't hurt you.
WOMAN: All right.
WOMAN: I know a man who's been in possession of a Shadow Sword for quite some time.
WOMAN: I would guess that it has been in his possession for the last few hundred years.
Rhue: What?!
MIDIAN: I don't think so...
WOMAN: Yes, it sounds impossible doesn't it? But that's the first thing you should know about Shadow Swords. Those who possess them do not age physically.
Rhue: They don't grow old?
WOMAN: Not a day. They stay as they are while they continue to possess the Shadow Sword.
SACRIFA: Are you saying that they are immortal?
WOMAN: Not quite.. They can still be killed... but not easily.
MIDIAN: What makes them so flaming powerful?
WOMAN: Shadow Swords can absorb auras like nothing else on the Way.
WOMAN: Full, powerful auras that give the weilder of the sword incredible abilities.
Rhue: Where do they get these auras?
WOMAN: By killing wanderers. Wanderers are the most abundant and easily accessed source of auras.
SACRIFA: And the more people the Shadow Sword kills, the more powerful it becomes?
WOMAN: Actually, it doesn't even have to be used to kill. It merely has to be near as death takes hold.
SACRIFA: How near?
WOMAN: I don't know. But I've heard that Shadow Swords often "prefer" certain victims to others... Sometimes they like to be used to kill, but other times they don't.
(This would seem to be true for all aura-absorbing swords... perhaps the distiniction between shadow swords and illuminati. Needless to say, this would explain why the PS would go after certain types of people... sinful ones or something like that)
Rhue: Picky swords? Sounds like crap.
WOMAN: I'm just telling you what I know.
SACRIFA: How many auras can a Shadow Sword absorb? Could it become infinitely powerful?
WOMAN: That's a very good question with a very interesting answer.
WOMAN: Shadow Swords strongly bind themselves to the natural, or as some say,the original aura, of the one who possesses them.
(This is an interesting thing to take into consideration...)
WOMAN: The bonds become stronger and more intertwined the longer they remain.
WOMAN: However, as the sword absorbs other auras, it binds itself to them as well.
WOMAN: These connections are very weak compared to the connections made with the original aura, but as more and more of them are made, the original/dominant aura's power begins to erode.
WOMAN: After a certain limit the original aura's bonds to its soul and body are suddenly snapped and the other auras rush into the opening.
WOMAN: The soul and body desperately begin to form new connections with the chaotic mass of invading auras which ends up driving the weilder into a state of multiple personality, suicidal madness.
(Multiple personalities? Now THAT'S interesting...)
WOMAN: It's only a matter of time after this occurs that the weilder then kills themself, dispersing the auras and destorying the connections made to them by the Shadow Sword.
(Killing themselves? That sounds familiar...)
MIDIAN: Lands, that's freaky.
Rhue: How many people know this?
WOMAN: Very few, but the man I mentioned knew about it long before it ever had a chance to happen to him.
WOMAN: He spent decades researching and examining the problem trying to findsome solution. To a degree he even succeeded in doing so...
WOMAN: That's another story though.
Rhue: Where is this guy anyway?
WOMAN: Don't ask me. I do know that if you did find him, he wouldn't talk to you. He would only destroy you.
(Kalmar? Or the mimic?)
SACRIFA: Do you know of the aura that surrounds the Phantom's Edge?
SACRIFA: Is it being generated by a Shadow Sword?
WOMAN: It might be, but it could also be generated artificially by some other means. Nothing is certain...
Rhue: What we really want to know is whether you know a way to get through it, or around it.
WOMAN: You're trying to get to the tower?
Rhue:Yes.
WOMAN: Why? Don't you know of the dark horrors that abide there?
MIDIAN: Flaming fires, how would you know? No one has ever been inside!
MIDIAN: There could be a big fat rat inthere, dressed in a clown suit, juggling a dozen kiwis while wearing a blindfold for all we know.
(I love Midian.)
SACRIFA: That's a very creative notion Midian.
MIDIAN: Thank you.
WOMAN: Can't you feel its oppressive darkness?
WOMAN: Even when you are indoors you can sense it brooding over you.
WOMAN: And while it seems to rot just like all the other buildings, it somehow manages to stand in place day after day. It's not to be meddled with.
SACRIFA: But it must be meddled with. For I believe in my heart that the truth ofmany things is cradled at the apex of the Phantom's Edge, in that single solitary cell.
WOMAN: What truth is this?
SACRIFA: I cannot even begin to explain.
MIDIAN: We're not as different as I thought, Sacrifa.
WOMAN: ... You won't be persuaded otherwise?
Rhue: We have to go there.
WOMAN: I'm afraid for you, but I will give you what you need.
WOMAN: Now listen carefully. There is a door in the Lost City that can only be opened with this key. That door leads to an old mining facility whose shafts reach deep into the Pits.
WOMAN: You should be able to go under theshielding aura if you go deep enough. Be careful though,\.\. for many dark things lurk in the deepest depths of the Pits.
WOMAN: Some even tell of a great beast that is anchored to the base of the tower, tens of thousands of feet below the surface.
(Gharon, I'm guessing...)
MIDIAN: Sounds like hell. We'd better pack a lunch.
Rhue: (Wonderful...)

Note that this is from the wave 1 Beta, so maybe some changes have been made since. Someone should look into that briefly. It's a very important conversation that sheds some light on shadow swords, and perhaps the past of some of the characters.

This is enough evidence that the red haired person is Traziun's mom: It plays "WayTraziun" when you first see her.
Forerunner Traziun
Plyn

Postby Alundra » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:54 am

Did you really have to 'quote' everything he said? just a selection of what you wanted to talk about would've been enough, but no, just more waste of space huh... :roll:
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner Traziun » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:49 pm

Yes, I did.
Last edited by Forerunner Traziun on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forerunner Traziun
Plyn

Postby SpaceBoy2000 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:08 pm

cursethemountain wrote: Playfair
Double Playfair
Double Transposition

Wait, Playfair was the name of a famous cipher system. Maybe it has some application to the random code stuff...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playfair_cipher
SpaceBoy2000
S1 Hilyn

Postby Roman » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:22 pm

Telephalsion wrote:An entire forest grew on the site of the guided massacre eh... what big forests have we run across?

RHue's landorin/end of the way anyone?

I don't find the forest question mysterious at all:

http://www.crestfallen.us/phpBB2/viewto ... ght=#26747

SpaceBoy2000 wrote:
cursethemountain wrote: Playfair
Double Playfair
Double Transposition

Wait, Playfair was the name of a famous cipher system. Maybe it has some application to the random code stuff...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playfair_cipher

Indeed it does. All three are coding schemes
Roman
Independent

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:21 pm

I didn't read that thread, thanks a bunch Roman
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion