My Questions

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

My Questions

Postby 1commander » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:57 am

Now, I just completed episode 6, and have some questions.
I dont use RM2k and have basically been a lurker on the forum for a while, but came out o hiding for obvious reasons with this episode - some confusion.

Can someone answer me:

1Why is Lyrra a princess?
2Why are all the dead people back? I know he is dreaming, but nothiong is transparent so I wasnt sure until the end...
3I got the Traziun suicide ending... which is, normal or not?
4 the items you get with your date, nameless girl, like the rope, do they do anything?
5 the blue bottle of explosive stuff, does it do anything (you got this in a previous episode protecting Turnway against the BLue scarves)
6 who is dirk? why was he in the mine originally?
7 what are the forerunners? where are they?
8 who is the lord below?
9 what was Rhue before he took Jeruh's persona... or did he even take it, since Jeruh made up Rhue? Or did Jeruh make up Rhue first and then did "Rhue" take it after killing him?
10 Why did Rhue WANT to kill Jeruh/Rhue with Gaius?
11 Who is the other half of Rhue? Who is Gaius, and who exactly is the perfect blade?
12 Who killed Traziun's mom?
13 What is the End of the way?
14 What are the Citadels?
15 Who is Tretzel?
16 Sacrifa is dead, right?
17 Can someone explain Kava and Kura to me? I mean...
18 What's the secret Cocoa scene?
19 Someone asks for a password in a house. How do you get it?
20 There is a switch behind a
21 Who is the nameless girl that helps Rhue and he goes to the party with?
22 What is that little shimmer in the river during the ending?
23 What happens/becomes of Strata? He is just an ass for the entire game, gets beat in a plunge in episode 5 (but not killed) and then nothing about him in Ep6
24 Just to make sure - is Ep 6 the last episode?
25 Who is Midian? He was just present when Jeruh/Rhue killed Serena and then wanted revenge? Is that all there is too him? But why is he in dream estrana then?
26 Who are the Blana Sera?
27 Who is speaking to Rhue to tell him not to go into the room at the top of the tower in that dreamy sequence? They say "please save us"
28 Bad description, but I am sure you will understand: There's that special blood XP gaining type weaponry a party member uses (she patched up this other guy, she uses the power of blood or something to do it, I forget what the name of the power was) - does anyone else have this power in the game or was it just forgotten? She got XP by attacking, I think.
29 Who is the man who just spouts off things about the Illuminati; he is wearing red, has red hair, looks like a guided... Rhue wants to leave, but Sacrifa wants to "hear him out?"
30 Why do people think the woman with the portal stone is Traziun's mom, and what was she doing in Rhue's dream then?
31 When Jeruh first gets the shadow sword from the man's back, who is the man and who killed him?
32 Gaius and Rhue were working together to get Jeruh for what reason? Were they teammates at one point? And if so (basically everyone seems to recognize Rhue but he doesnt recognize them) why does everyone keep it from him he isnt Rhue until episode 5 when Gaius calls him the phantom slasher?
33 Is Rhue the phantom slasher? The ending makes it out like Traziun was...

So be as detailed as you can please, I am really trying to understand it all more fully. There's many questions, but dont give a one-sentence answer or shorty unless it's warranted please. I, like you, have an interest in the story and want to know what is happening.
1commander
Plyn

Postby Belthazar » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:43 am

all very good questions and how about who the heck the pharapylyn is? I thought i remembered someone who beta tested mentioning them but i guess they were just yanking our chain. Yeah dude u pretty much covered all of my questions. Plus i dont know if i missed any, but i didnt get one blade art and only one plunge a bit disappointing. I thought with all our skills increasing we were gonna fight some crazy strong guy like traziun in the end.

*Edit* Oh and so the voice said Rhue was a tool of justice but it also lied about the phantom slasher being Serena. Plus the phantom slasher said Gaius would destroy them. So who/what are Gaius and Rhue?
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby nightshadow » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:12 am

Let me help. Keep in mind I'm depicting some of my answering because they are from my opinions. Let's start.

1) Why is Lyrra a princess?

If you have the normal ending, you'll find out why Lyrra tells all those stories. That leads to the possibility that she wished herself to be one. But then, why was she in another world? (I'd say something about all "Shadow Swords" having some sort of connectivity, but then, read my last post in the theory area)

2) Why are all the dead people back? I know he is dreaming, but nothiong is transparent so I wasnt sure until the end...

Basically, Gaius makes it so that Rhue now is stuck in the world until the "truth" is revealed. So...

3) I got the Traziun suicide ending... which is, normal or not?

Yup, that's normal.

4) the items you get with your date, nameless girl, like the rope, do they do anything?

Rope? Sorry, what rope?

5) the blue bottle of explosive stuff, does it do anything (you got this in a previous episode protecting Turnway against the BLue scarves)

Yes, and if you don't know, you're missing out on something...that finishes up something. Sorry to be vague, but ...

6) who is dirk? why was he in the mine originally?

In the cycling theorem, Dirk is the Eyashu of this era. He was in the mine because he was hired. Remember they said there would be 7, but they only had 6, and they couldn't find the 7th.

7) what are the forerunners? where are they?

(IMO) Forerunners are the embodiment of Tetzel's mind. He made it a mind riddle so that nobody would want to become one, and/or make them spend their time looking in the wrong places.

8) who is the lord below?

Not known.

9) what was Rhue before he took Jeruh's persona... or did he even take it, since Jeruh made up Rhue? Or did Jeruh make up Rhue first and then did "Rhue" take it after killing him?

Rhue of Landorin, as Jeruh says, is the fake name (or alias) that Jeruh took to hide his past.

10) Why did Rhue WANT to kill Jeruh/Rhue with Gaius?

Two reasons. Either Rhue absorbed Midian's aura (and assumed his character {think Cloud from FFVII}) or was a hired mercenary {think Zack from FFVII}...hold on, that's odd...directly similar to Cloud and Zack...hmmm

11) Who is the other half of Rhue? Who is Gaius, and who exactly is the perfect blade?

(IMO) I say, there is no other half of Rhue. And Gaius is either Tetzel, or some omnipresent figure in the way that knows too much.

12) Who killed Traziun's mom?

(IMO) There's almost no doubt in my mind that it's Rhue.

13) What is the End of the way?

(IMO) The memory infused by Illuminati/Shadow Swords.

14) What are the Citadels?

Have you played episode 3!?

15) Who is Tretzel?

See above questions.

16) Sacrifa is dead, right?

Umm, yeah.

17) Can someone explain Kava and Kura to me? I mean...

Yeah, the cycling theorem uses them a lot to parallel Traziun and Gaius.

18) What's the secret Cocoa scene?

Which one? There's two.

19) Someone asks for a password in a house. How do you get it?

Not telling you. That hides one ending, so no.

20) There is a switch behind a

Sorry, not a question.

21) Who is the nameless girl that helps Rhue and he goes to the party with?

Supposedly, either Scatha's little sister, Serena, Traziun's mom, or a combination of the first two.

22) What is that little shimmer in the river during the ending?

The pendant Cetsa throws off around the end of ep5, before her plunge with Strata.

23) What happens/becomes of Strata? He is just an ass for the entire game, gets beat in a plunge in episode 5 (but not killed) and then nothing about him in Ep6

But without him, there would be no Kavax. Careful of how you interpret that one.

24) Just to make sure - is Ep 6 the last episode?

Yes and no.

25) Who is Midian? He was just present when Jeruh/Rhue killed Serena and then wanted revenge? Is that all there is too him? But why is he in dream estrana then?

Midian is Serena's girlfriend. While Jeruh tried to get Serena to like him, Midian and Serena were inseperable. Jeruh wanted revenge because of the disbelief of Serena saying bad things about him and picking up a "Shadow Sword". Midian's in Dream Estrana (IMO) because Rhue absorbed his aura in ep 1.

26) Who are the Blana Sera?

Leaders of the blood lyn. Rumor has it that they're also Guided...

27) Who is speaking to Rhue to tell him not to go into the room at the top of the tower in that dreamy sequence? They say "please save us"

(IMO) Kalmar, without a doubt.

28) Bad description, but I am sure you will understand: There's that special blood XP gaining type weaponry a party member uses (she patched up this other guy, she uses the power of blood or something to do it, I forget what the name of the power was) - does anyone else have this power in the game or was it just forgotten? She got XP by attacking, I think.

Dana was special, she was able to extract blood directly, and her weapon allowed her to do so. That's how she got her XL.

29) Who is the man who just spouts off things about the Illuminati; he is wearing red, has red hair, looks like a guided... Rhue wants to leave, but Sacrifa wants to "hear him out?"

Forgot this event. Need someone else to help...

30) Why do people think the woman with the portal stone is Traziun's mom, and what was she doing in Rhue's dream then?

Because people are allowed to theorize. If so, though, Traziun's mom is in "Rhue's" sword because he killed her A) as the PS B) as a mercernary.

31) When Jeruh first gets the shadow sword from the man's back, who is the man and who killed him?

The man isn't known. Why ask something that is expected to be unknown? Even Jeruh can't identify them. Most likely, this is the repeat of the "hell ending" in the past generation, if you look at the hell ending and the cyclic theorem.

32) Gaius and Rhue were working together to get Jeruh for what reason? Were they teammates at one point? And if so (basically everyone seems to recognize Rhue but he doesnt recognize them) why does everyone keep it from him he isnt Rhue until episode 5 when Gaius calls him the phantom slasher?

For what reason is unknown. Most likely to kill him (Remember the Guided vs. Lyn thing?). Good point with the recognization. Basically, (IMO) I believe that the sword Blue Boy has projects Jeruh, so everyone sees him as Jeruh, but only he sees a mixture of himself and Jeruh, so he hates how he looks.

33) Is Rhue the phantom slasher? The ending makes it out like Traziun was...

What the...
(IMO) The Phantom Slasher is really the essence of the blade. If you didn't get that, what's the point of the normal ending?!
Fading into the night,
The scourge of fear, the blight.
Upon this land beneath the sky.
Echoes of the past decry.
---
*fill in the blanks*
*fill in the blanks*

In that a lost love carried on
The words to a lonely song.
---
*fill in the blanks*
*fill in the blanks*

Yes, everyone must surely bleed!
That is what I had decreed.
---
*fill in the blanks*
*fill in the blanks*

Some Lies indeed hide everything,
But the Truth will hide nothing.
nightshadow
Plyn

Postby Impossible » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:16 am

I've had a few months to think about E6, so I can probably answer these fairly well.

1Why is Lyrra a princess?

Who cares? It was just a fantasy world.

2Why are all the dead people back? I know he is dreaming, but nothiong is transparent so I wasnt sure until the end...

*sigh* If you can't work out these basic things, don't hope to ever understand the entire plot. The City exists seemingly inside Rhue's sword, Phantom Slasher. It has within it everyone Rhue or the PS, who was created somehow by Rhue's sword, has killed - so Lyrra, Lexus, Slade, and Sorya are all in there, if you look hard enough.

3I got the Traziun suicide ending... which is, normal or not?

This is the default ending, yes.

4 the items you get with your date, nameless girl, like the rope, do they do anything?

I think I missed a lot of stuff relating to that date, so don't ask me.

5 the blue bottle of explosive stuff, does it do anything (you got this in a previous episode protecting Turnway against the BLue scarves)

What does this have to do in E6? o_O I don't think Rhue still has it.

9 what was Rhue before he took Jeruh's persona... or did he even take it, since Jeruh made up Rhue? Or did Jeruh make up Rhue first and then did "Rhue" take it after killing him?

Jeruh made up Rhue, convinced himself it was real, and so when our nameless (well, we don't know his name) wanderer killed Jeruh, instead of absorbing Jeruh's memories, he had Jeruh's fake memories as Rhue of Landorin.

12 Who killed Traziun's mom?

Seemingly, it was either whoever Rhue used to be, who is now contained within the sword (in The City, maybe?), or, it was the Phantom Slasher (as in the killer) himself.

16 Sacrifa is dead, right?

The Phantom Slasher killed Sacrifa in Episode 5, that's why he's in The City. As for what happened to him in the end... Can you die while dead?

17 Can someone explain Kava and Kura to me? I mean...

Make sure you've completed the Plunge tournament and become the Pharaphalyn before getting to this.

18 What's the secret Cocoa scene?
19 Someone asks for a password in a house. How do you get it?
20 There is a switch behind a

Unfinished sentence there. But this is gameplay stuff, and it can be explained in the other forum. And you need to unlock Lexus and do the Charlatans of Justice quests.

21 Who is the nameless girl that helps Rhue and he goes to the party with?

Most likely it was Serena - it makes sense, and why the hell else would Lun intentionally keep her name so secret? But this is just a theory.

22 What is that little shimmer in the river during the ending?

I don't know exactly what you're referring to, but it's probably Cetsa's pendant.

23 What happens/becomes of Strata? He is just an ass for the entire game, gets beat in a plunge in episode 5 (but not killed) and then nothing about him in Ep6

He appears on screen for a moment at the end of E6 when Traziun dies. That's the last we see of him.

24 Just to make sure - is Ep 6 the last episode?

Yes, but it's not the end of The Way.

25 Who is Midian? He was just present when Jeruh/Rhue killed Serena and then wanted revenge? Is that all there is too him? But why is he in dream estrana then?

He was in The City because he died to that sword, just like everyone else there. This question is a discussion in itself, so once again, save it for another time. But it seems that the nameless wanderer killed him before killing Jeruh... Maybe.

27 Who is speaking to Rhue to tell him not to go into the room at the top of the tower in that dreamy sequence? They say "please save us"

The Phantom Slasher. The PS lies and claims that Serena is the PS.

30 Why do people think the woman with the portal stone is Traziun's mom, and what was she doing in Rhue's dream then?

Read what Jeramyu has said about it for starters... It could be Traziun's mother, because the person she described sounds a fair bit like it could be Kalmar with Ghost Horror. But it could also be our nameless wanderer with Phantom Slasher. However, it makes perfect sense for Traziun's mother to be somewhere in The City - in fact, she really should be.

SAGE! THE QUESTION HAS BEEN ASKED! Yeah, we saw this shit coming. Wow, and it was sooner than my bet, I didn't expect it the same day as E6's release. TRAZIUN IS NOT THE PHANTOM SLASHER. Rhue's sword is Phantom Slasher, THE Phantom Slasher is a projection, creation, or possession of the sword. Gaius said that the Phantom Slasher was no more because Traziun destroyed the sword!

8 who is the lord below?
11 Who is the other half of Rhue? Who is Gaius, and who exactly is the perfect blade?
15 Who is Tretzel?
29 Who is the man who just spouts off things about the Illuminati; he is wearing red, has red hair, looks like a guided... Rhue wants to leave, but Sacrifa wants to "hear him out?"
31 When Jeruh first gets the shadow sword from the man's back, who is the man and who killed him?
32 Gaius and Rhue were working together to get Jeruh for what reason? Were they teammates at one point? And if so (basically everyone seems to recognize Rhue but he doesnt recognize them) why does everyone keep it from him he isnt Rhue until episode 5 when Gaius calls him the phantom slasher?

Lots of shit we'd like to know that E6 doesn't explain. There's been a lot of theorising on some of these topics already in the moved beta topics, so I suggest first finding everything in E6 and then reading them to get a better understanding - there's too much to discuss about these things.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby 1commander » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:45 am

Some clarifications...

Quote:

*sigh* If you can't work out these basic things, don't hope to ever understand the entire plot. The City exists seemingly inside Rhue's sword, Phantom Slasher. It has within it everyone Rhue or the PS, who was created somehow by Rhue's sword, has killed - so Lyrra, Lexus, Slade, and Sorya are all in there, if you look hard enough.

Come on now. It is in no way obvious what is happening. If it were, Rhue would know about it (as a character) since you are assumed to know what he knows. Moreover, they are not transparent in dreamy estrana as they were in previous episodes. Plus, Sacrifa tells Rhue things he wouldnt have heard from anyone else but a living Sacrifa as far as I can tell, because no one else is priviledged to exactly what Sacrifa did to destroy Estrana. In addition, Midian is there. I dont recall Midian dying near Rhue's sword.

Quote:

He appears on screen for a moment at the end of E6 when Traziun dies. That's the last we see of him.

He didn't for me. Do I have to do something special to make him appear?

Quote:

The Phantom Slasher. The PS lies and claims that Serena is the PS.

Clear this up for me: When you say PS, what are you referring to? The mysterious unknown guy, the sword, the guy that is projected from the sword, Rhue himself or Rhue with the sword? If you are saying the sword, why would it say "We?" The dialogue would not make sense at this point because Rhue is unaware of any real connection between the PS and himself before entering the tower.

Quote:

SAGE! THE QUESTION HAS BEEN ASKED! Yeah, we saw this shit coming. Wow, and it was sooner than my bet, I didn't expect it the same day as E6's release. TRAZIUN IS NOT THE PHANTOM SLASHER. Rhue's sword is Phantom Slasher, THE Phantom Slasher is a projection, creation, or possession of the sword. Gaius said that the Phantom Slasher was no more because Traziun destroyed the sword!

I did not think that Traziun was the PS. Many of these questions are prompted by possibilities that seemed to linger or be hinted at. You really ought to take into consideration what one would see if they were playing the game for the first time and going through it once only. I hope the author is considering this too, because a simplifying aftermath cutscene was badly needed. It did occur to me in the ending the sword was named PS, but only because Gaius said PS in lower case letters, which is a huge irony in itself because such distinctions cannot be made in everyday speech. On that though, is the PS an Illuminati or a Shadow Sword? Gaius says its a shadow sword, but in order for Traziun to "destroy it" per se, it must be an illuminati, following Gaius' "it feels regret (remose?) "sentence.

On a trivial side note, it's odd the PS's first aura is piercing rather than slashing.

2) Why are all the dead people back? I know he is dreaming, but nothiong is transparent so I wasnt sure until the end...

Basically, Gaius makes it so that Rhue now is stuck in the world until the "truth" is revealed. So...

While there seems to be some truth to this, I am not sure how Gaius has that power - it just seems like Rhue is prone to enter dream land with knocked out.

4) the items you get with your date, nameless girl, like the rope, do they do anything?

Rope? Sorry, what rope?

It's on the wall in the bedroom upstairs where you put the drunk girl. Bright yellow as I recall. You can also get some sort of food that seems to be for naught, too.

5) the blue bottle of explosive stuff, does it do anything (you got this in a previous episode protecting Turnway against the BLue scarves)

Yes, and if you don't know, you're missing out on something...that finishes up something. Sorry to be vague, but ...

I'm talking about the bottle you get when you go back to the... forget her names... office after holding off the Blue Scarves. Rhue takes it if you click on it (it's optional) but nothing seems to come of it.

-on Dirk and Eyushu... what is this cycling theorem you are referencing?

------

So I've unlocked most everything at the moment that I have read through various threads.

Further questions that could use some more explaining:
(if you reference other threads, please link them, because I dont visit this forum often and dont know the who's who and so forth around here)

1. WHY did X (whoever you think it to be) kill Traziun's Mom?
2. What are the Citadels? Tretzel created them, or the purpose created them, or something along those lines, but to what end was not explained and why they cant be harmed hasnt, either.
3. You guys seem to have info on future "The Way" installments. Is it a yes or a no? I would not be here if I did not think it was the end of the series as I would be awaiting a fuller explication of the story by the author rather than hearing theories and speculations. But as it stands, the ending(s) does not do the game's excellent story justice in my view. I may have missed a few things and been iffy on others, but there are some gaps and mysterious that shouldn't be left as is... for a story this good it is dissapointing they are open-ended. I only say that because they are meaningful questions, not trivial.
5. Why does Lexus immitate Cesta? I know Sorya explains this bit, but... if anyone has any additional information or would kindly summarize it and its connections with other events I might be overlooking, that would be great.

These questions:
8 who is the lord below?
15 Who is Tretzel?
----

Thanks for your time Impossible and nightshadow for answering my questions. For future resposnders, I am looking for indepth responses again, and this is sort of my catch-all thread I will come back to, so please link to other threads if they discuss a topic I asked about more thoroughly.
[/quote]
1commander
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:40 am

Damn, that was fast. I was hoping for Monday, but that seemed to be wishful thinking. Well, hopefully it wont get worse. Let me also note that the shadow figure in the pits is a projection from Traziun's Night Reaper.

Quote:

I'm talking about the bottle you get when you go back to the... forget her names... office after holding off the Blue Scarves. Rhue takes it if you click on it (it's optional) but nothing seems to come of it.

You use it to open a chest in ep3, i think it contained a blade art.

-on Dirk and Eyushu... what is this cycling theorem you are referencing?

I have no clue where Dirk being the eyashu of this cycle came from. The cycles are supposed to be so far apart you couldnt meet your counterpart. The cycling theory is that everything in the way happens over and over. Like Janwen being destroyed, then Estrana after it hundreds of years later.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Matt Hakor » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:09 am

Wanderers...all who exist are wanderers......Hmmm...I find myself with more questions than answers to be honest.
"If you will it, it is not a dream." Theodor Herzel
Matt Hakor
Plyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:24 am

You can also get some sort of food that seems to be for naught, too.

Are you talking about the desert or the cheese or some other food that I have missed? You can eat the desert in front of Icabod and you can use the cheese to bait a mouse trap.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:47 am

Yeah, Lun was ingenious with the se up of all that stuff, so many ways to do everything.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby 1commander » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:50 pm

Non-Sequitur wrote:
You can also get some sort of food that seems to be for naught, too.

Are you talking about the desert or the cheese or some other food that I have missed? You can eat the desert in front of Icabod and you can use the cheese to bait a mouse trap.

Oh. I wasnt aware of that. Well that clears that one up. Only a few more to go :wink:
1commander
Plyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:07 pm

Imagine if you keep the cheese, and then you stay in dream estrana for some weeks and rhue during all this time has a piece of moldy cheese in his pocket... I don't think it'd be much appriciated inside the val parra café
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:54 pm

You use it to open a chest in ep3, i think it contained a blade art.

In Episode 2.

(IMO) There's almost no doubt in my mind that it's Rhue.

Which is funny, because Traziun didn't kill Rhue. It was Rhue's SWORD. Traizun knew what happened, Kalmar must have shown him everything about Rhue. It could have been "Rhue", but it definitely wasn't Rhue, because Traziun didn't kill him.

Supposedly, either Scatha's little sister, Serena, Traziun's mom, or a combination of the first two.

o_O Nobody thinks that that's Traziun's mother. You're confusing it with the theory about the woman in the Reflective Sky map. It was probably Serena, who is probably Scatha's little sister (a note in The City says "Serena had the same colour hair as her sister").

(IMO) Kalmar, without a doubt.

How the fuck is it Kalmar? Kalmar had nothing to do with Rhue or his sword, and Kalmar wasn't inside Rhue's sword, because TRAZIUN killed him. It was the Phantom Slasher, because he knew that he would be destroyed if Rhue learnt the truth - and he did, so the PS was.

Moreover, they are not transparent in dreamy estrana as they were in previous episodes.

So what? It's still the same place, it's still where all the people Rhue's sword has killed go. That's why everyone who died to that sword in E4 and 5 appears there, and Jed as well.
Plus, Sacrifa tells Rhue things he wouldnt have heard from anyone else but a living Sacrifa as far as I can tell, because no one else is priviledged to exactly what Sacrifa did to destroy Estrana.

In addition, Midian is there. I dont recall Midian dying near Rhue's sword.

How the hell do you know how Midian died? Most likely, he died before the start of E1 - however, it's possible that Midian was the headhunter, and Rhue had a completely different reason for wanting to kill Jeruh. Remember, if Rhue only wanted to kill Jeruh because he thought he was Midian, then what about Gaius? What was his motive?

Clear this up for me: When you say PS, what are you referring to? The mysterious unknown guy, the sword, the guy that is projected from the sword, Rhue himself or Rhue with the sword? If you are saying the sword, why would it say "We?" The dialogue would not make sense at this point because Rhue is unaware of any real connection between the PS and himself before entering the tower.

The guy that is projected from the sword IS the "mysterious unknown guy". And what you're saying there makes no sense whatsoever. The Phantom Slasher (not Phantom Slasher, THE Phantom Slasher, or the PS - Phantom Slasher isn't living and thinking, as far as we know, the PS is) was endangered by Rhue entering the tower, because it would lead to the destruction of the sword, and as such he would be destroyed. Rhue isn't meant to know who he is.

On that though, is the PS an Illuminati or a Shadow Sword? Gaius says its a shadow sword, but in order for Traziun to "destroy it" per se, it must be an illuminati, following Gaius' "it feels regret (remose?) "sentence.

We don't know why it felt regret.

Let me also note that the shadow figure in the pits is a projection from Traziun's Night Reaper.

This is NOT guaranteed. It's a theory - the most obvious, but not necessarily the most likely. I'll go into more detail about the possibilities here later, because it all ties in to the girl in the Reflective Sky map and the things she said, and to Kura. Strayed has given a lot of insight into this already when I was talking about it with him, and it is starting to sound a lot like the Phantom Slasher was a projection exclusive to Rhue's sword, and that no other Shadow Sword has a projection. Because if the woman was talking about Kura, perhaps the way in which Kura found to live forever was by becoming the Phantom Slasher.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby 1commander » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:34 pm

Quote:
In addition, Midian is there. I dont recall Midian dying near Rhue's sword.

How the hell do you know how Midian died? Most likely, he died before the start of E1 - however, it's possible that Midian was the headhunter, and Rhue had a completely different reason for wanting to kill Jeruh. Remember, if Rhue only wanted to kill Jeruh because he thought he was Midian, then what about Gaius? What was his motive?

I don't know how Midian died. That's the freaking point. How the hell do you know how he died? You say that everyone in Dream Estrana was killed by the PS and absorbed, so Midian must have been too by that logic. The only thing we know about Midian that isnt speculation is that he was pushed into the river by Jeruh but *did not die.*
Quote:

The guy that is projected from the sword IS the "mysterious unknown guy". And what you're saying there makes no sense whatsoever. The Phantom Slasher (not Phantom Slasher, THE Phantom Slasher, or the PS - Phantom Slasher isn't living and thinking, as far as we know, the PS is) was endangered by Rhue entering the tower, because it would lead to the destruction of the sword, and as such he would be destroyed. Rhue isn't meant to know who he is.

It makes sense if you the PS (sword) is an independent entity rather than extension of Rhue's aura (or whoever the original holder's aura is - that is, whoever Rhue actully is.) This wasn't cleared up except it seems to say that the sword is not only independent of all auras it absorbs, knowledge-wise, but is sentient and possesses all the knowledge of the aura's it absorbs and more. (It would need to be self-aware for the dialogue in the end between Rhue and the sword/PS - it has a purpose.)

>>So, and not forgetting my other questions, is Rhue the mimic? (I dont see a reason why this would be in the game if someone werent the mimic) Or do people think he is Midian since he waited his entire life to kill Jeruh? Or Kura? Or something else, like just a projection of the sword (assuming it is sentient?)
1commander
Plyn

Postby Impossible » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:30 pm

Firstly - have a single naming convention for all the Shadow Swords. Ghost Horror, Night Reaper, Phantom Slasher. THE Phantom Slasher is the projection, or whatever it is, that was created by the sword.

Secondly, it's impossible to say that you don't recall Midian dying by Rhue's sword if you have no idea how he died - he obviously WAS killed by that sword.

And the fact that Jed was there in E5 already made it fairly obvious, and the fact that Sacrifa, Alan, Lyrra, Slade, Sorya and Lexus are there in E6 makes it painfully obvious that The City is where victims of Phantom Slasher go.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Jabbo » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:39 pm

He was just pointing out that the idea of The City being populated by dead people isn't obvious because he didn't know Midian was dead. I'm going to have to go with the fact that it was obvious anyway, though.

You know, I just thought of something. If Rhue's sword is Phantom Slasher and the being is the Phantom Slasher, then how did the average Joe along the way know to call it the Phantom Slasher? Note that the first time you find out about it being called the Phantom Slasher, you then meet up with some Guided. So maybe Tetzel started the entire rumor, as Sacrifa points out he was doing in Estrana. He COULD theoretically have heard the rumor and then been like "Hmm that's a cool rumor and is useful to my machinations," but I'm going with the idea that he started it in the first place.

So basically Tetzel knows every damned thing about the entire Way, and he's probably an ass, too, so if anyone ever talked to him he wouldn't tell them anything.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion