Best of The Way

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Best of The Way

Postby SpaceBoy2000 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:13 am

Now that Episode 6 is released, and Lun is taking a break from the series, which is your favourite episode? Most memorable scene? Most aggravating minigame?

For my favourite episode, it would probably be episode 4, then 2, and 5 in third place. The most memorable scene would be the cutscene as Rhue walks up to the tower to speak with Cesta in Episode 4. It's just something in the atmosphere, the music, and what Rhue says that really touched me.

As for the most aggravating minigame, it has to be Turnway. Still remember spending an hour reloading again and again to try to get more kills.
SpaceBoy2000
S1 Hilyn

Postby Silvercrow » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:08 am

My favorite episode is defineatly episode 6, followed by 5.
Silvercrow
S1 Hilyn

Postby Poenaensis » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:45 am

Nah, the best bit was the end of E4 when rhue says "must win", there waqs a super cliffhanger, simply awesome. It pissed everyone off with its genius
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Jasonflare » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:48 am

The Traziun Bloodbath Of Episode 5 when he pushes the Blood Lyn with a blast.
It was awesome. :P
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:52 am

Rhue jumping down the ledge to free cetsa, there's some serious action there. But the entire escape from Matalan was cool too.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Lumino » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:17 pm

Favorite Episode? Four, then two.

Favorite Scene? The Baruccha Dungeon. Never before has anything in a game made me that freaked out and paranoid.

Favorite Minigame? Well, I doubt that plunges count, so I'll say fighting the Blood Lyn in the forest, when you are escaping with Kloe.
Lumino
Plyn

Postby Jabbo » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:24 pm

I think the Marna Stretch in episode 2 did the best job of capturing The Way as the average wanderer would see it and pretty much solidified the overall atmosphere of wandering.

I loved the emotion surrounding the Strata plunge in episodes 4 and 5, too. Rhue's desperate need to win combined with the music and especially the cheering of the crowd make that probably my favorite scene.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Lumino » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:31 pm

I had forgoting about the Marna Stretch part, but now that you remind me, I really did like that scene, wandering around, jumping here to there, taking the random Plunge, fighting with the Guided and the Bandits, ah, such fun.
Lumino
Plyn

Postby Prefection » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:38 pm

my fav would have to be the end of e4 wit the strata plunge, wen i saw that i was like O_O. e5 was nice wit traziun slammin all the lyn like they were made of paper. and finally e6. the endings were wow. "Rhue" was totally mentally f***ed up lol. I think that was the best lol.
Prefection
Plyn

Postby Jimmy » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:20 pm

My favorite episode would have to be 3 or 6.

My favorite scene... The courtroom scene where Alan is defending Rhue xD. Best lawyer ever.

And my favorite minigame would be the one where you are running from the lyn while shooting bolts of kung-fu energy.
Jimmy
Wanderer

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:29 pm

Jabbo wrote:I think the Marna Stretch in episode 2 did the best job of capturing The Way as the average wanderer would see it and pretty much solidified the overall atmosphere of wandering.

I loved the emotion surrounding the Strata plunge in episodes 4 and 5, too. Rhue's desperate need to win combined with the music and especially the cheering of the crowd make that probably my favorite scene.

I DEFINITELY have to agree on that one. I still can't believe The Way is over already. I should play it again to let the feeling settle in
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby shadowrift » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:51 pm

My favorite episode was either 4 or 5... I think I liked 4 best overall, but I'm a big Cetsa fan, and you get the most of her in 5...

I can't really think of my "favorite" scene, persay, but here are some of the ones I really liked that haven't been mentioned yet...

Traziun vs Kygar
I loved how Traziun kicked his ass, completely surprising him and Cetsa. The enter scene aftterwards where Scatha is first introduced with Ghost Horror (or was that Night Reaper?) was cool too.

Lexus's Death
In my opinion, the most dramatic and one of the most touching scenes in the game, especially when you throw in Rhue climbing the Arm of Estrana and reflecting on what he's done. If it wasn't so damn depressing, this would definitely be my favorite scene.

Lexus Ending
Everything in this ending really appealed to me... especially just about all of Lexus's answers to the questions Rhue can ask. This ending definitely had a lot of my favorite lines in the game. Especially Traziun's showdown with Gaius.

Cetsa and Kloe quarreling in Episode 5
Just about... all of their arguing was hilarious.

Lyrra and Rhue's joint story in Episode 1
As far as I'm concerned, the funniest scene in any of the episodes. This was priceless.
shadowrift
Wanderer

Postby SpaceBoy2000 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:32 am

Episode 2 was my first episode, so, I have very fond memories of Marna Stretch. Pity, I would have loved to have more of these massive stretches. Makes the game less linear, though Estrana kinda has a similar feel. I would prefer the general..."openness" of Marna though.

As for ending, I found the "normal" ending to be the one that I found least...enjoyable. Not that it wasn't good, but I prefered the other two over it. The Reaches ending is really well done, as we dwell into the psyche of a few major characters. Very well executed - Lun's mastery at its best.

The Lexus ending seems to be the happy ending that Rhue damn well deserves, given what he has gone through. It may not be a satisfying conclusion to a series, but I can't think of a better ending for the story of Rhue of Landorin.
SpaceBoy2000
S1 Hilyn

Postby Lumino » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:14 am

I still disagree, I think Lexus is the worst ending. Rhue doesn't learn anything, he just wants to keep his eyes closed and ignore the real world. That's not heroic, it's not even healthy. I think the main ending was meant to be the "best" one, because Rhue finally finds out who he is, and more importantly why he is. He can live his own life, and see all the he missed with that fake memory of Serena forced into his mind. In the Lexus ending, that happens yes, but it's still Rhue surrendering to his desires, instead of facing reality, a meta-physical hell if I ever heard one.
Lumino
Plyn

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:58 am

Lumino wrote:I still disagree, I think Lexus is the worst ending. Rhue doesn't learn anything, he just wants to keep his eyes closed and ignore the real world. That's not heroic, it's not even healthy. I think the main ending was meant to be the "best" one, because Rhue finally finds out who he is, and more importantly why he is. He can live his own life, and see all the he missed with that fake memory of Serena forced into his mind. In the Lexus ending, that happens yes, but it's still Rhue surrendering to his desires, instead of facing reality, a meta-physical hell if I ever heard one.

THAT is what I believe too, I'm glad hes happy and all but...hes going to live an eternity in something that isn't real, thats a little freaky...And isn't Rhue trying to find out the truth? and find what's 'real'?
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion