Best of The Way

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:52 pm

Fwacho wrote:I believe there are currently 3 possible endings at present based on some factors you can't even imagine. (the "real" ending would need some creative game play.)

Not sure how much you should trust Fwacho, but according to this the Lexus ending is what really happend.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby shadowrift » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:57 pm

Lumino wrote:I still disagree, I think Lexus is the worst ending. Rhue doesn't learn anything, he just wants to keep his eyes closed and ignore the real world. That's not heroic, it's not even healthy. I think the main ending was meant to be the "best" one, because Rhue finally finds out who he is, and more importantly why he is. He can live his own life, and see all the he missed with that fake memory of Serena forced into his mind. In the Lexus ending, that happens yes, but it's still Rhue surrendering to his desires, instead of facing reality, a meta-physical hell if I ever heard one.

Well, this kind of assumes that Rhue, after the normal ending, is going to really go out and... do something. For all we know, he could settle down with Kloe and just live out a happy peaceful life with her...

...and how is that any better or worse than living in Dream Estrana with Lexus?

It kind of feels like everyone think Rhue has some kind of responsibility or burden to go out and do something now that he knows who he is... why can't he just settle down and be happy?
shadowrift
Wanderer

Postby Cyberg-Ares » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:58 pm

Favorite moments. The cliffhanger of Ep.5 and the awakening of Rhue in Ep.6 (when he say's "I have no end"). In ep.5, I literally scream NOOOOO! because it ended there. And in ep.6, sorta seems to become The One (or perhaps the true Pharaphalyn).

Most annoying minigame? Cannon in ep.2 (was it?) and Free Fall in Ep.6. Neither worked very well I think.
Cyberg-Ares
Plyn

Postby Archaius » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:07 pm

I really wish I could think of a single favorite scene. It's all kinda mashed together, but I guess if I had to choose one that stands out... Nope. I really just don't know. Although, I did really like the dialogue exchange between Rhue and the guy in the back of the Theater House in Ep 6. Sure, it was a little depressing.. but it was real deep. "The heart is like a drinking cup with holes in it. You need to keep filling it up or else it just gets empty".. Wise words in lamen's terms. I liked that.
..I haven't lost anything yet. I'm just getting started!
Archaius
Wanderer

Postby Angel_OA » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:25 pm

Miss Nothingness Highness wrote: THAT is what I believe too, I'm glad hes happy and all but...hes going to live an eternity in something that isn't real, thats a little freaky...And isn't Rhue trying to find out the truth? and find what's 'real'?

I think the idea of the alternate ending of Lexus wasn't that it was meant to be as if he was living a lie, but that he was living a set of different truths. His love for her was always real, it still goes on between Rhue and Lexus's soul and it is true that they love each other.

Hey, that ended up being way deeper than I intended...
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:24 am

Lun has specifically said that what fwacho said is not necessarily true.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:25 am

Jabbo wrote:I think the Marna Stretch in episode 2 did the best job of capturing The Way as the average wanderer would see it and pretty much solidified the overall atmosphere of wandering.

I think more than any other moment of the series, Marna Stretch captured the true spirit of wandering the Way, and there weren't really many other moments like that. I loved it.

Blood Lyn Brawl (I fucking rock for getting everyone else to use that name, I KNEW it would work) was still the absolute best thing, though.

Hard to pick the best mini-game because I don't remember all of them right now, but E4's was good.

And the best episodes were E4 and 5, in various different ways. Followed by E2, then E6, then 3 and 1.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Red » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:32 am

Favorite episode: Episode 4, followed by 5, which is proceeded by 2. Episode 4 introduced Lexus, and in a single, five-hour game, made you care about a possible love interest who, thanks to the episode's climax, ended up dying at the hands of he who she longed to be with.

Favorite scene: There were a few. One of them was the long panning shot at the end of Episode 4, in which you see so much, including Slade's discovery of Zedicus's ruined corpse, and, eventually, Lexus's death.
The other was the Alan courtroom scene. I always enjoyed the comic relief characters, and that scene allowed people to take a step back and chuckle.

Favorite mini-game: Heck, I don't know. Honestly, I enjoyed shooting the Blue Scarves with the cannon. And the Plunge in general was a beautiful RM2K concept I had never been introduced to.
When the game of life makes you feel like quittin',
It helps a lot if you kill a kitten

--Stephen Lynch, "Kill a Kitten"
Red
Plyn

Postby Angel_OA » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:29 pm

I gotta say that my favourite episode was definately 4. I loved Estrana, especially its long introduction - a pan accross the whole city to the music Jesu joy of man's desiring.

One of my favourite moments was also in that chapter - the arena. I loved the whole way it was set out, with slivers of progression in the story cut in with lots of fiaghting. Also you got a real good taste of what the Plunge was going to be like for the remainder of the game. (Possible to win)

I thought the puzzle in the large cave with all the switches in E1 was the most annoying minigame - not because it was badly made, just because it held me up too much - I wanted to progress!

My favourite cutscene was probably the climax to and Lexus's death. Really moving, I realised at that point that Lun had created characters that I cared about deeply.
Last edited by Angel_OA on Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:32 pm

Traziun vs blood lyn ep.5. Best moment ever.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby yoreliter » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:40 pm

I had chills throughout my body after playing every episode. But, the 2 I remember best, was the Lexus episode, and Blood Lyn Brawl. I was moved by Lexus, she brought a sense of stability into the trembling plot line, and then it all fell down at Rhue's hands right before his knees. I almost cried, I was really, really heart broken.

And the Blood Lyn Brawl(I hope I am referring to the right incident)(sure as hell sounds right), with 'Reflective Sky' blaring in the background, and Traziun going all deep and emotional, and then he gets all cocky, WOBULO!! I just got the chills again. Those are the greatest moments in 'The Way' for me.
The best actions almost never yield the best consequences
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:02 pm

The beginning of Episode 1 and the Tournament Plunge with Strata were definitely memorable moments.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby BustroQuick » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:27 pm

Few favorite scenes-

EP3, when you reach Cetsa's tent with Slade and he reveals that he's with the Vigilance Council.

EP4, scene where Rhue and Stoyko burst into the wrong house while following Sacrifa's wife.

EP5, the whole ending cave scene. It's awesome.

EP6, courtroom scene.

EP6, the battle with the Pharaphalyn.

And of course, the ending of EP6 on the summit of the Tower.

I always thought the Blood Lyn Brawl would be better without the fighting (thanks for the no-battle mode :)), so I was never super-impressed by that fiasco.
BustroQuick
Plyn

Postby Sling » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:32 am

BustroQuick wrote:EP6, the battle with the Pharaphalyn.

Damn right. Best plunge ever.

BustroQuick wrote: I always thought the Blood Lyn Brawl would be better without the fighting (thanks for the no-battle mode :)), so I was never super-impressed by that fiasco.

:? ????? There is something wrong with you.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:15 am

nO he has a point, the 2d battle scenes are lame in comparison to the theartical slaughtering of several blood lyn.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion