Rhue's History

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Rhue's History

Postby Querente » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:45 pm

I finished episode 6, although only the normal ending, but I am wondering who was Rhue before he become Rhue..hmm..yeah.

It seems he was recognized as Khavu or Karva or something like that, I am sorry that I cant remember the exact names..but wasnt that name part of the legend in the theatre-play?

According to the information from the red-hair woman about shadow swords, people who have a shadow sword do not age. In time, the aurae it accummalates, reaches a certain "meltdown" point, causing all the aura's to wrestle together until the original (of the wielder) is gone into the mix as well.

I think this is what happened to "Rhue" after killing Jeruh ,when he was chasing Jeruh together with Gaius. It absorbed the aura of Jeruh, including the fake identity and created a new aura based on it. If so, Rhue is prolly pretty much ancient (being ageless) if he is the "Khavu" (sp?) from that legend. There are a lot of hints that Rhue has been on the Way for a very long time. According to that legend ,there might be another ancient one..perhaps Tetzel who seems to be manipulating the Way as he sees fit.

Ofcourse, now that his shadow sword is gone..he will grow old again. Although, what was that sword in the ground at the very ending? A grave marker or something else?
Querente
Wanderer

Postby Antagon » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:53 pm

I think originally he was the son of the Lord Below, or however that legend goes. "No grave to rest his bones" and all that.

I think the sword in the end was Jeruh's old sword, or maybe ghost horror.
Antagon
Plyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:58 pm

the sword is the son of the lord below. The lord below had to have had a steamy love affair with a sharp metal object, creating a bastard sword.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Aegis » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:07 pm

I really got the impression that Rhue was originaly Midian. Why? Midian loved Serena, Midian was looking for someone, and that someone was Jeruh, who Rhue/Midian killed in the scene in the Kloe ending where Gaius explained when he first met Rhue. Secondly, that one headhunter dude in the Marna streach thought Rhue was Midian. Since in dream Estrana Midian couldn't look like Rhue, he looked like this freak with giant pink hair.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:36 pm

Exept that we're told that Rhue has lived for a long time, which kinda ruins that theory, though him thinking he was Midian for awhile is very likely.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Archaius » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:10 pm

Wait, so in respects to Rhue's history...

He killed midian with the Shadow Sword, right? So he took on his memory which made him want to go after Jeruh. But Jeruh also had a Shadow Sword, right? What happened to that one?
..I haven't lost anything yet. I'm just getting started!
Archaius
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:46 pm

Jeruh didn't have the shadow sword anymore, he said he lost it a long time ago or somthing.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:50 am

This we know cause jeruh isn't a kid when Rhue punks him, Rhue however stays the same age.

Hey, this could technically mean Lyrra is Rhue's daughter, if our Rhue cannot age while he has his sword, that Landorin flashback with lyrra could've been real.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Lumino » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:27 am

I'd forgotten about that. Rhue is calling for Lyrra and Jeruh right? And Lyrra calls him father?

That's pretty damn wierd. But since Lyrra lost all her memories of it (Or repressed them.) there is a good chance she wouldn't know. And then "Rhue" goes to hunt down his son Jeruh, somewhere between point A and B runs into a dead/kills Midian. Merges minds with him, thinks he is Midian. Finds Jeruh, kills him, merges minds again, but takes Jeruh's alter ego Rhue of Landorian. And then we start the game, many plot holes filled. The first headhunter cannot be Midian, because the guy in Act 2 calls you Midian, so Midian must have already been dead. It does seem to fit together nicely.
Lumino
Plyn

Postby Thanatos » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:20 am

Telephalsion wrote:Hey, this could technically mean Lyrra is Rhue's daughter, if our Rhue cannot age while he has his sword, that Landorin flashback with lyrra could've been real.

That doesn't seem terribly likely... Jed is Lyrra's father, and besides since Rhue doesn't age, I'd find it odd that if he was her father, she wouldn't recognise him. The flashback was probably just one of Jed's memories after he absorbed his aura.

There's no real reason to believe that Jed isn't Lyrra's father... From what I've seen anyway.
Thanatos
Wanderer

Postby Burning_Flame » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:58 am

Ya, Jed TOLD us that he wasnt Lyrra real father, and the Reason Lyrra wouldn't remember him is that she doent want to remember anything, so she fills them with storys.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Aegis » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:55 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Exept that we're told that Rhue has lived for a long time, which kinda ruins that theory, though him thinking he was Midian for awhile is very likely.

Gaius isn't always right about anything, and it could also mean that Rhue has just been around longer than he thought he has.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:34 pm

Dont remember Gaius ever being wrong before, and theres no reason to just decide his wrong about this one with no proof. And when the PS talks to Rhue he makes it sound like Rhues been around for along time too.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Thanatos » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:14 pm

Burning_Flame wrote:Ya, Jed TOLD us that he wasnt Lyrra real father, and the Reason Lyrra wouldn't remember him is that she doent want to remember anything, so she fills them with storys.

JED: The bodies of all the other
children were never found.\.\.
That includes her brother,\.\. Jeruh.
JED: ...\.\. My son\..\..\..\.\.
I'm sorry,\.\. it's hard to
talk about.

I'm perfectly willing to accept that Jed isn't Lyrra's father, I just honestly don't remember when or where he said that... I mean... I didn't play through all the episodes that long ago...
Thanatos
Wanderer

Postby Jasonflare » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:08 am

Thanatos wrote:
Burning_Flame wrote:Ya, Jed TOLD us that he wasnt Lyrra real father, and the Reason Lyrra wouldn't remember him is that she doent want to remember anything, so she fills them with storys.

JED: The bodies of all the other
children were never found.\.\.
That includes her brother,\.\. Jeruh.
JED: ...\.\. My son\..\..\..\.\.
I'm sorry,\.\. it's hard to
talk about.

I'm perfectly willing to accept that Jed isn't Lyrra's father, I just honestly don't remember when or where he said that... I mean... I didn't play through all the episodes that long ago...

Were you paying attention when Rhue asborbed his aura and saw his meomeries?
Ha! I knew The City had the auras of people Rhue/PS killed. But everybody I was crazy.
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion