The Dream Estrana Theory...?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The Dream Estrana Theory...?

Postby Thanatos » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:20 am

If I understand correctly, the predominant Dream Estrana Theory is that everyone in that city is someone who's aura was absorbed by Rhue, or the Phantom Slasher. It also seems to be the main reason why some people think that "The Girl" simply can't be Serena. But there is something that kind of confuses me about this theory as a whole. Maybe these are just trivial little points, but...

Why's Alan there? I don't remember Rhue or the Phantom Slasher killing him... Or Kygar for that matter. When did he die? Also, assuming that Rhue really was an ageless being that has been killing people for years, shouldn't there be a lot more people recognising him? At least a lot more people saying "Hm... You seem familiar for some reason... Oh well." I suppose the majority could've been killed by the Phantom Slasher, but from all accounts, the Phantom Slasher seems to have only been "born" after Rhue got Jeruh's personality and memories, since the stories and rumours revovling around the Phantom Slasher only actually begun with the beginning of Episode 1. Also, I guess more things that I don't quite get, is that if Dream Estrana really is the home of all of Rhue's sword's victims, where are the Blue Scarves, or the Blood Lyn?

While we're on the topic of confusing theories... If Rhue is the Nameless One, or the Mimic, is his ability to absorb auras natural, or is it granted to him by his sword? And if it was by his sword... Which one is it? The one that killed Jeruh, or the one that Jeruh used to kill everyone else?

It's just so damned confusing... I've just finished re-playing the first five episodes, and then played through Episode 6 extensively... I have this bad habit of wanting to talk to as many people as I can, and checking as many bookcases as I can to get any clue to help answer the multitude of questions that had been raised. Needless to say, I havent' slept much lately... You can probably tell through my rambling though.

Okay, as a comple sidenote that has nothing to do with theories... Does anyone else find the conversation between Rhue and the Phantom irritatingly symbolic?

Phantom: Look at this painting.
Rhue: You really know how to pick
them...
Phantom: You don't like it?
Rhue: It's got a big chunk torn out
of the middle!
Phantom: You think that's a bad thing?
Rhue: Of course! It's ruined!
What happened to the middle?
Phantom: After I finished the painting,
I ripped the middle out.
Rhue: Lands, you really are stupid...
Phantom: I just liked it better this way.
Rhue: What did you do with the part
you ripped out?
Phantom: I put it inside a person's heart.
Note: His own heart, but also another's.

The entire thing makes me think about how I felt when the episode ended without answering all the questions I had. From the looks of what I've read in other posts, I shouldn't be the only one who can relate to this passage, heh.
Thanatos
Wanderer

Postby brigas » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:27 am

Hmmmm...
My theory is that the phantom simbolizes Lun and the painting, his masterpiece, simbolizes The Way.
He painted it, he created The Way and then, he ripped a piece.
That simbolizes all the unaswered questions. Why didnt't Lun answer all the unanswered questions? Phantom: I just liked it better this way.
The missing piece rests in his heart.
The things that escape me are the other person who has it in its heart and the place where rhue finds the missing piece. There's surely an answer to that, maybe we learn it maybe we don't, maybe we just have to look into his heart.
brigas
Plyn

Postby Silvercrow » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:32 am

We can't confirm that the PS killed Alan, but he was nearby when the PS killed Sacrifa.
Silvercrow
S1 Hilyn

Postby brigas » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:46 am

I think the sword only need to absorb the aura, it doesnt have to get the kill. Notice how we find slade in dream estrana ( when we passed he was already dead), however cetsa was still alive. We dont find her in dream estrana, although in the normal ending she is shown dead. Her aura wasnt absorbed, because when rhue passed she was still alive.
brigas
Plyn

Postby Roman » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:49 am

Note that the phantom did tell you where he stored the other pieces... crypticaly.

If you choose to believe that lun did this as an analogy of the way... consider that the gamer need only decipher the riddle to complete the painting (no more hints!).

(a sword only needs to be close to absorb an aura... there's an "alan's legs" thread hanging out in estrana I believe)
Roman
Independent

Postby Terra » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:39 pm

Or Kygar for that matter. When did he die? Also, assuming that Rhue really was an ageless being that has been killing people for years, shouldn't there be a lot more people recognising him? At least a lot more people saying "Hm... You seem familiar for some reason... Oh well."

Kygar died in the Laodicea Forest (I believe that's what it's called) at the end of E5. Remember that plunge just before you find Kloe? Yeah, that one. He died there.

And as for the "shouldn't I know you?" thing, I don't think ANYBODY realizes they're dead yet, maybe sans Sacrifa (and maybe the secret characters... I've only gotten Slade, so I can't comment on Sorya/Lexus). Maybe it has something to do with the way they died?
Terra
Plyn

Postby Lumino » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:26 pm

From what I gather the dead don't remember...about the last day of their lives. Lexus doesn't remeber Rhue killing her, or the raid. Jopanga doesn't remember Rhue at all, Lyrra does't remember Rhue, and she never mentions anything about Strata (Good or otherwise, interpret that as you will.)
Lumino
Plyn

Postby Asra » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:19 pm

I agree with Lumino. Since the Phantom Slasher just randomly goes around killing people they wouldn't remember the encounter. The only ones who remember him had long-term relationships with him. Lyrra actually said she was there for years, so that might be an issue with the place too. Its kinda like a dream in the way that most people don't realise they're dreaming.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:30 am

brigas wrote:Hmmmm...
The things that escape me are the other person who has it in its heart and the place where rhue finds the missing piece. There's surely an answer to that, maybe we learn it maybe we don't, maybe we just have to look into his heart.

I can give you a few hints. I'm fairly sure I'm the "other person" ro he might mean you teh gamer, but it's intriguing where the piece is found.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion