Why is it that no one seems to realize that...

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Asra » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:39 am

Well I thought it was likely that Rhue killed Midian because... Midian smells? Alrigth so its never talked about, but theres also the fact Gaius said Rhue had been around awhile, and Midian isn't really that old. I'm sure tossing in the part where Rhue accidentally trips and impales Midian will come about in the prequel. >_>

Also, theres alot of people in Dream Estrana that don't recognise Rhue at all, since he probably wound up killing them immediately after meeting them. I'm not sure and will have to go back and look, but did Midian know Rhue when he first came to Dream Estrana?
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:49 am

he did not
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby Dy3000 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:01 am

Another strange thing that I noted. When Rhue and Midian meet Jed inside Dream Estrana, Jed tells them something like

"But I think Lyrra made up the story about the beasts and there weren't any beasts"

...to which Midian says "Why? (Why do you think there weren't beasts?)"

and Jed replies "No tracks"

Hmmmm... now why would Midian ask "Why?" if he was there and obviously knew that it was Jeruh and not done by beasts?

EDIT: Another thing came to mind. I keep thinking that Gaius has some kind of business with Kava and Kura and here's one more thing that kind of points to it. When Gaius says "Interesting" that Rhue recognizes that area as Landorin, what is so interesting? Wouldn't Gaius have already realized by this piont in the story, given his knowledge of Shadow Swords and everything, that Rhue has somehow taken up the memories of Jeruh and that he would therefore recognize Landorin? So if it's interesting, then perhaps it's because what Rhue recognizes and Landorin is not actually what's supposed to be Landorin? Remember how Jeruh's retelling of Landorin was at a different cliff than that which Rhue remembers? Now why is that? Perhaps the cliff that Rhue remembers as Landorin was actually from a memory of someone else from another time.... that is of Kura/Kava of Landorin during their time? Perhaps it is only at this point that Gaius confirms that Kura/Kava is within Rhue. Perhaps the End of the Way being the Landorin from an older time is an expression that even time is cyclical in the Way?
Dy3000
Wanderer

Postby darkone » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:02 am

Alright here's my theory, it probably was done before or has tons of holes in it. What if when gaius and rhue were hunting jeruh rhue had the illumnati arcturus, assuming there is one named that but from what I've seen around here there is. The redhaired woman said that shadow swords expel all memories and auras when the user is killed, since jeruh was killed he expelled all those memories and auras, which caused Phantom Slasher to somehow fuse with Arcturus, explaining why rhues's sword has some properties of an illuminati and some of a shadow sword.

Just a thought.
darkone
Wanderer

Postby Phile » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:18 am

Imoto wrote:As for why there are none of the landorin kids in Kura's sword, he was never there when they died, that was a different sword that Jeruh had, but the sword fled Jeruh after Kura/Midian killed him, since shadow swords don't seem to be able to coexist. At that point, only Jeruh's warped aura was absorbed.

There are kids in Dream Estrana, at least the girl walking in circles in front of the Concert Hall. I think the girl must be a victim of the Landorin massacre because after Jeruh being killed by "Rhue"/"the Mimic" and the sword going (back?) to him he never killed children again by the sword.

Other thought, if "the Girl" really is Serena, it is possible that the victims of the Landorin massacre have been aging in Dream Estrana and the former kids are grown up.
Phile
Plyn

Postby Asra » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:37 am

Well "Thedarkone", that would make alot of sense if the two swords fused, what with it sharing two kinds of properties. The only hole I see in it is that the Illuminati seems to still drive 'Rhue' slowly insane, unless Jeruh somehow managed to obtain the Illuminati and 'Rhue' had the Phantom Slasher. That or the Illuminati messes with the user as well, since its never really stated how the Illuminati are diffrent in that regard.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Poenaensis » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:57 am

What's bugging me:

If rhue is the mimic, how come, sometimes he absorbs people and they become dominant and sometimes not. I've theorised that when he kills jeruh he gets cocked up because Jeruh was cocked up and that stopped it from happening again.

What happened when he killed a girl.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Prefection » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:21 am

well Poenaenis, the woman with red hair said that sometimes shadow swords prefer certain auras over others and i guess to preserve their existence they change auras over time. If or when rhue was midian, this could explain the change in auras because if midians journey is completed then there would be no other way for the shadow sword to gain more auras thus more power. I guess when it found Jeruh (Rhue) it found an aura that didn't need to be changed because Jeruh (Rhue) would be searching for somethin that didn't exist (Serena). Rhue would just continue to search for Serena and kill any1 that got in his way.

As for Aubuta... Hm... It could be:
1) The name for the original owner of the sword
2) A new type of sword besides illuminati and Shadow Swords
3) Rhue's real name.
Prefection
Plyn

Postby Poenaensis » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:24 am

Yep, If rhue's sword is a power seeking one that's a good explaination
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:34 pm

Cyberares said:
I doubt Jeruh had an Illuminati. He didn't quite use it to kill evil people. They were just bullying him. Then of course, one could ask, how much does it take, before you are counted as evil?

That would depend who's counting... wouldn't it?

Thantos said:
The main flaw with this is that Jeruh's sword doesn't behave as you'd expect an illuminati should. Jeruh feeling a strong desire to kill the other children would lead you to believe that it was a Shadow Sword.

I beleive this could just as easily be explained by human nature. (just watch the news)

Telephasion said:
First came the illuminati, they were used in a fight with the lord below, the illuminati were lost, but maybe they weren't really lost, but instead made into shadow swords by infusing them with a malign aura.

so how might that change them?

Aegis said:
Here's an interesting thought for you: What if a shadow sword keeps its auras even after it changes owners? This would mean that the sword Rhue posesses really was once Kura's sword. Midian found this sword, and used it to hunt down and kill Jeruh...

i guess that might explain why Jeruh, Midan and Kura are all in the tower as well as that one person who found out the truth. I sure someone has recorded that conversation.

Brigas said:
That could be true, but considering Gaius told the truth, which is likely, the midian part is not possible.

why not? (yes I know the endign is a bit confuising but I puzzeled it out while waiting to fall asleep) (I didn't invent the whole story The game had some secrets for me too.)

CyberAgeis said:

So who is Rhue? It seems like, that we get that question when we complete with a normal ending. But once we started to analyze the game, the question became a lot bigger and far more important.

Aegis: But the question is, is the sword, that was used to kill Jeruh, a shadow sword and if so, what happened to the Jeruh's?

noting what I suggested above... does it matter? and if so that would imply what about Jeruh? and suggest what about the making of Rhue. There are many clues to Rhue's nature in e6 particularly. Did you notice anythign similar aboutMidian's assumtion and Jeruh's assumtion of the sword?

Sage of Wise said:
As for where the last remaining illuminati is, i dunno. Maby its buried in some sacred cave, maby Gaius has it.

Both very palusible answers.

Cyberares said:
I think it's a little sad we're ignoring the who Dirk/Scatha/Tetsel thing, but sadly, I doubt we know enough to make any conclusions. If Tetsel invented the way, how could he make all people in the world believe it? He would HAVE to be immortal or possibly carry a shadow sword.

Keep in mind the stuff said about personality destucit noafter too many auras... and the stuff Sage mentioned... then how would Tetzel live so long as one personality? Be creative.

Cyberares also said:
Well, I agree that Aubuta doesn't have to be a sword name, but one of you guys said Actura is a Illuminati name. So why does Shadow Swords have to have uninspired names?

Good question. yet...

Brigas said relatign to above:
I just kind of want to note too that however the swords having seemingless evil names, they can be interpreted too as evil's bane:

Yes they could. double meaning is very possible.

Jason flare said:
Alright, if Kura is Rhue, then where's Kura in Rhue's mind? I thought that was a former dominant aura.

Let's see... we have an unamed phantom ( I have my own theory on that guy), people dancing in the scene. Lyrra's little kingdom. all sorts of unnamed persons. locked houses. I imagine such a person might want to be obscure after such a shameful life.

Jabbo said: On the topic of Aubuta, maybe Aubuta is some sort of extremely ancient legend that was being circulated at the time Kalmar still looked like his actual age.

That's an interesting thought. wonder where the legend migh thave come from? :wink:

Asra said: I think Rhue is the mimic AKA: Venge. Since the Lord of the Pits is in there along with all those demons AND that other city. You need to remember that once someone gets too many auras they usually go crazy and kill themselves, which probably releases all of the auras in the sword, though I'm not sure if that redhead mentioned that. So in his crazed Schitzophrenic travels he probably absorbed all those auras on his own. It also goes with how powerful and almost evil he seems at the end of the Reaches Ending.

Then why isn't Venge dead already? (that should keep you up at night)

Asra also said: Though who do you think gave Jeruh HIS shadow sword? Did that silouhette look familiar? Well in anycase he could've just killed someone important to him and have been freaking out, so Jeruk took the sword and blah blah blah. Otherwise Serena wouldn't be in Dream Estrana. I like to think the nameless blonde is Serena though, since it ties most of the things together better as well. Plus why else would she gave a face portrait?

DO we know Jeruh ever had a shadow sword...? Lun never told me yes or no about The Girl. so your guess is as good as mine.

In conclusion Asra said (quite a few thigns, sheese):
So yeah, in conclusion hes probably the mimic or Vende, made immortal by the Shadow Sword/Illuminati(Though being the son of the lord of the pits he might be immortal either way). He could've killed someone named Kura at some point and took his identity before Kava knew him, so he would think of Rhue as Kura, along with everyone else. Or at least this is how I see things.

but why didn't he go insane and kill himself? like what eventually happens to all other possesors of shadow swords.

Cyberares said:
Asra: Okay, once again, we've got ONE poem to base Mimic on. ONE poem. He isn't mentioned anywhere else in the entire series

by name yes...

and Cyber ares said: He just copies people. That's all we know. Shadow Swords seem to do that, kinda, so that links it of course.

I thought they just collected auras? besides I would be safe saying that the P.S. proper had a very distinct personality. It said quite a bit there at the end.

requiem said:
The Red-haired Woman (Whom many think to be Traziun's mother) says, and I quote:
"WOMAN: Of course you aren't him... it doesn't matter what your face looks like."

This means several people have (possibly) mistaken Rhue for seperate identities based upon his looks throughout the course of many of the episodes.
Do the multiple auras within Rhue make him look different to different people?

or is it?....

Shinami siad: would like quote the red haired woman in Ep6 about a few things concerning the Shadow Swords. Please remember that she mistook Rhue as the man out to kill her and even said that Rhue was always changing.

That would be an interesting clue... The rest of that post is only missing one other detail that was said. an important one a that.

Dy3000 said:The mimic disappearing for a time is also just kind of like how the Illuminati disappeared for a while.

the first part of that comment is commented on in the game after one of the sidequests, and has an immense backstory none of you will ever see becasue it only matters slightly in this one.

Jason flare wrote:
Dy3000 wrote:

I do believe that the physical body that we know as Rhue is actually Midian and the personality we know as Rhue is just a creation.

Not even possible, no proof(Actual) leads to this. Plus in E6 there IS proof that defeats this.

correct.

Peneaesis said: If rhue is the mimic, how come, sometimes he absorbs people and they become dominant and sometimes not. I've theorised that when he kills jeruh he gets cocked up because Jeruh was cocked up and that stopped it from happening again.

there is something very major in common with Midian and Jeruh... see if you can figure out what it is.

He also said: Yep, If rhue's sword is a power seeking one that's a good explaination
but the sword is not power seeking. It explains it's motives quite clearly.

Okay that's alot for you to chew on. I wanted to comment on more bu tI think that' splenty to make you wonder. Lun feel free to edit if I accidently too much..
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:40 am

Why were we never even given any clues about "Aubuta"? What a pain...

Is "Aubuta" Rhue's name? The name of Traziun's mother's killer? The name of The Mimic? Some or all of the above?
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Spyke10k » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:49 am

Isn't it funny how Fwacho says "correct" to the only thing that answers nothing? Heh, that is evil if there is such a thing.
Spyke10k
Plyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:01 am

fwacho wrote:
Thantos said:
The main flaw with this is that Jeruh's sword doesn't behave as you'd expect an illuminati should. Jeruh feeling a strong desire to kill the other children would lead you to believe that it was a Shadow Sword.

I beleive this could just as easily be explained by human nature. (just watch the news)

Yeah, I've had a stick in my hand and I heard this voice saying "smash someone with it", it doesn't mean the stick was a stick of evil +5/+5 with 2d6 nature damage to humans. :P

fwacho wrote:

Telephasion said:
First came the illuminati, they were used in a fight with the lord below, the illuminati were lost, but maybe they weren't really lost, but instead made into shadow swords by infusing them with a malign aura.

so how might that change them?

I'd assume that the malign aura would repress or destroy the Original Illuminati aura, In Rhue's case it seems like Repression since Arctura was still inside the blade. Considering this I think that even if the phantom slasher is the major part of Rhue's sword there is still an essence of Arctura inside, this would probably explain the incident in Lide. Especially since phantom slasher seems to be mostly active when RHue is fading from consciousness.

fwacho wrote:
Cyberares said:
I think it's a little sad we're ignoring the who Dirk/Scatha/Tetsel thing, but sadly, I doubt we know enough to make any conclusions. If Tetsel invented the way, how could he make all people in the world believe it? He would HAVE to be immortal or possibly carry a shadow sword.

Keep in mind the stuff said about personality destucit noafter too many auras... and the stuff Sage mentioned... then how would Tetzel live so long as one personality? Be creative.

I'll take "Tetzel and the final illuminati" for $600 please.

fwacho wrote:
Cyberares also said:
Well, I agree that Aubuta doesn't have to be a sword name, but one of you guys said Actura is a Illuminati name. So why does Shadow Swords have to have uninspired names?

Good question. yet...

fwacho wrote:
Brigas said relatign to above:
I just kind of want to note too that however the swords having seemingless evil names, they can be interpreted too as evil's bane:

Yes they could. double meaning is very possible.

They're not uninspired:
Phantom Slasher
Night Reaper
Ghost Horror

See a pattern?
{>[Something bad] [Scary Suffix]<}

And if they've got double meaning my entire world is screwed :P

fwacho wrote:
Asra said: I think Rhue is the mimic AKA: Venge. Since the Lord of the Pits is in there along with all those demons AND that other city. You need to remember that once someone gets too many auras they usually go crazy and kill themselves, which probably releases all of the auras in the sword, though I'm not sure if that redhead mentioned that. So in his crazed Schitzophrenic travels he probably absorbed all those auras on his own. It also goes with how powerful and almost evil he seems at the end of the Reaches Ending.

Then why isn't Venge dead already? (that should keep you up at night)

fwacho wrote:
In conclusion Asra said (quite a few thigns, sheese):
So yeah, in conclusion hes probably the mimic or Vende, made immortal by the Shadow Sword/Illuminati(Though being the son of the lord of the pits he might be immortal either way). He could've killed someone named Kura at some point and took his identity before Kava knew him, so he would think of Rhue as Kura, along with everyone else. Or at least this is how I see things.

but why didn't he go insane and kill himself? like what eventually happens to all other possesors of shadow swords.

Cause if venge is the mimic and rhue is the mimic rhue is venge. The mimic kills someone takes their aura and shapes a personality out of it together with influences of all other dominant auras and wham, new person.

It could work...

Now the mind boggle:
fwacho wrote:there is something very major in common with Midian and Jeruh... see if you can figure out what it is.

I don't get it...
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:33 am

fwacho wrote:
Cyberares said:

Keep in mind the stuff said about personality destucit noafter too many auras... and the stuff Sage mentioned... then how would Tetzel live so long as one personality? Be creative

I'll take "Tetzel and the final illuminati" for $600 please.

Wouldn't the obvious answer be he doesn't absorb aura with it?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:38 am

Maybe... I'm not lun >_>
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion