Why is it that no one seems to realize that...

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Jasonflare » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:54 am

That's an interesting thought. wonder where the legend migh thave come from? Wink

You guys don't know how important that comment is.

there is something very major in common with Midian and Jeruh... see if you can figure out what it is.

... Burn you.
Well that's it, I'm going to go digging in the Way for awhile, for these answers
fwacho's not giving us.

On a funny side:
Strayed Wanderer wrote:
DSOK wrote:
Kyle wrote:Well that's as much an assumption as my theory :roll:

On the contrary, while you take absence of evidence as evidence of absence, my argument is based merely on the principle that such an inference (besides being completely unjustified logically) is not likely to be correct when it requires a characterization that is contrary to the generalities of human nature.

You are no longer allowed to type, speak, or use hand signals.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure we'll see Strata again... I'm not sure I believe that he will be as important as he was.

Thank you, once again, Strayed Wanderer.
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby brigas » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:50 am

They're not uninspired:
Phantom Slasher
Night Reaper
Ghost Horror

See a pattern?
{>[Something bad] [Scary Suffix]<}

And if they've got double meaning my entire world is screwed

double meaning: phantom slasher- The one who slashes phantoms

there is something very major in common with Midian and Jeruh... see if you can figure out what it is.

Hmmm... I don't know if this is stated in the story, but if midian was dating serena...
They both loved serena.
They both where from Landorin Stretch.
Both had an ultimate objective.

That's the 3 things they have in common.

Let's see... we have an unamed phantom ( I have my own theory on that guy), people dancing in the scene. Lyrra's little kingdom. all sorts of unnamed persons. locked houses. I imagine such a person might want to be obscure after such a shameful life.

To me, Phantom=Lun and his masterpiece, the painting with the middle ripped off = The Way
brigas
Plyn

Postby fwacho » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:15 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
fwacho wrote:
Cyberares said:
I think it's a little sad we're ignoring the who Dirk/Scatha/Tetsel thing, but sadly, I doubt we know enough to make any conclusions. If Tetsel invented the way, how could he make all people in the world believe it? He would HAVE to be immortal or possibly carry a shadow sword.

Keep in mind the stuff said about personality destucit noafter too many auras... and the stuff Sage mentioned... then how would Tetzel live so long as one personality? Be creative

I'll take "Tetzel and the final illuminati" for $600 please.

Wouldn't the obvious answer be he doesn't absorb aura with it?

now where soes that line of reasoning take you next?

:

Hmmm... I don't know if this is stated in the story, but if midian was dating serena...
They both loved serena.
They both where from Landorin Stretch.
Both had an ultimate objective.

That's the 3 things they have in common.

very perceptive, five points for Ravenclaw

:
Let's see... we have an unamed phantom ( I have my own theory on that guy), people dancing in the scene. Lyrra's little kingdom. all sorts of unnamed persons. locked houses. I imagine such a person might want to be obscure after such a shameful life.

To me, Phantom=Lun and his masterpiece, the painting with the middle ripped off = The Way

so what piece do you have?
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby brigas » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:21 am

very perceptive, five points for Ravenclaw

Well then, now I will eliminate the two which make less sense...

They both where from Landorin Stretch.: Not possible, since Rhue killed
Lyrra, who was from landorin, and her aura didn't become dominant.

They both loved serena.: A bit to farfetched of a trait to be the reason to become the dominant aura.

Both had an ultimate objective.: Now, this is the one that makes more sense... An Ultimate objective would drive the user of the sword to do anything for his ultimate objective, even kill. That's the sword's objective, collect auras troughout the way, when rhue completed midian's objective, he lost all his reasoning, so a change from dominant aura was called. He got another aura with an ultimate objective, for which completion it would kill for.

so what piece do you have?

We have the sides, Lun stored the middle piece in his heart. (And another's?)

The thing that puzzles me, is where and how rhue finds the middle piece. The girl's house... If she is serena, it could make a bit more sense though.
brigas
Plyn

Postby Imoto » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:18 am

I have some theories.

Lun like it better like this, unfinished. That's what the whole thing about the phantom is. He just likes it better with big empty spaces in it.

"Rhue" is the protagonist, but "Rhue" is also the antagonist.

"Rhue" is also the mimic.

The Mimic is the villain of the story.

I have no idea where Lun is going with this, if he's going to continue it.

Edit: The piece of the painting is found where you first wake up in DE. That might count for something.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby brigas » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:10 pm

I still await your response for the phantom part fwacho =P.
brigas
Plyn

Postby fwacho » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:56 pm

oh that response is on on eof my other posts unless it got lost whe nmy internet access died on me (which it does frequently) . My other thought ( I don't have many) is that Lun gave you all the middle piece (stuck it in your hearts) and kept the sides for himself. by the way, the phantom says some very interesting stuff before that comment.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby cursethemountain » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:24 pm

fwacho wrote:

Keep in mind the stuff said about personality destucit noafter too many auras... and the stuff Sage mentioned... then how would Tetzel live so long as one personality? Be creative

perhaps the way is tetzel's dream estrana? just a thought

hmmm.... living for long time with one personality... by not absorbing auras?
Alan:
Moo cows. Do you like moo
cows? Can you make a moo cow noise?
You know, like...
Mooooooooo!

Alan:
Is there any versimilitude
to the injunction that you are a
corpulent singleton?
cursethemountain
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:30 pm

Dont say things like that! You might be right.

how would Tetzel live so long as one personality?

He doesn't absorb auras.
He has a way or removing auras so he never overloads.
He doesnt keep the same personality but keeps a long list of notes to explain to himself what going on. (Like in Memento)
His sword doesn't overload with auras. Illuminati possibly.

Thats all i can think of right now.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Wellsy » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:55 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:

Dont say things like that! You might be right.

I don't buy it. That's a bit too contrived for my taste, and I don't think Lun would do that. So the Way is all in Tetzel's head (or sword), which makes Rhue just a mental fragment of Tetzel and who then has his own world inside his head of people who have lived, but not really? Who have in effect died twice (once to be absorbed by Tetzel, another to be absorbed by Rhue's Shadow Sword)? Nah, I don't like it.

On the other hand . . . maybe that book that kept track of the names of all the living and dead wanderers is Tetzel's way of keeping track of who lived and died inside his head? Still too far-fetched.

And even if that were the case, it's just way too much speculation that has zero back-up from the game and relies too heavily on fwacho's proddings.

Though I do think that there has been far too little discussion of Tetzel and where he fits in to all of this.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:30 pm

On the other hand . . . maybe that book that kept track of the names of all the living and dead wanderers is Tetzel's way of keeping track of who lived and died inside his head? Still too far-fetched.

Wow, if Strata wasnt the biggest dissapointment in the episode, the books were. I completly forgt about those. Everyone had such in depth theories about what they were.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby brigas » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:12 am

Hmmm...
What happens to someone who dies in Dream Estrana?
Does it's aura vanish, or does it live again.
brigas
Plyn

Postby Wellsy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:57 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:

Wow, if Strata wasnt the biggest dissapointment in the episode, the books were. I completly forgt about those. Everyone had such in depth theories about what they were.

Yeah, totally. That was one of the main reasons I was looking forward to Ep 6, to see what the truth of what those damn books was.
brigas wrote:Hmmm...
What happens to someone who dies in Dream Estrana?
Does it's aura vanish, or does it live again.

I'm inclined to think that the auras do not vanish - they would still be stored within the sword. However, they might retreat deeper within the sword and not rise to the surface again for a significant amount of time.

You know, when Traziun destroys the sword in the "normal" ending, he effectively kills any last remnant of anybody who has died by that sword. So while you might argue that the sword's victims live on in a way inside the sword, Traziun puts a final end to their existence. So Alan, Midian, Sacrifa, Slade, Estrana, Janwen, etc., they're all gone for good now. Anybody have any thoughts on this?
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:29 am

brigas wrote:
They're not uninspired:
Phantom Slasher
Night Reaper
Ghost Horror

See a pattern?
{>[Something bad] [Scary Suffix]<}

And if they've got double meaning my entire world is screwed

double meaning: phantom slasher- The one who slashes phantoms

I know from playing the game that there are prolly more then 1 shadow sword, but don't they all seem to be talking about one and the same blade? Phantom Slasher - Night Reaper - Ghost Horror... that double meaning made me think that it might all be different names for one single sword that 'kills in the night and is the worst horror (fear) of the ghosts'.<
Which is actually what the phantom slasher (not the sword -> the 'entity') does... it kills people during the night and with the traz ending when all those 'ghosts' are killed, it might be their biggest horror...? might be farfetched and I had lots more thoughts on this one but reading three pages of this topic and fwacho's notes on it all made my mind sleepy...
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:00 pm

Except that we know for a fact that other shadow swords exist, considering we know people who own them.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion