About Slade and the shadow sword

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

About Slade and the shadow sword

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:38 pm

I didn't really think about it but why was Slade in the dream Estrana? I don't remember Rhue ever absorbing his aura or even killing him. And the shadow sword Lyrra had I noticed was blown away after Rhue killed her. And Supposedly in the Lexus ending Cetsa's body is missing and looks to be dragged off.

Since Fwacho I think said something about the REAL ending to have some real creative gameplay involved I think he must mean the Lexus ending because thats the one that's really out there. So I was wondering maybe Cetsa took the sword with her and it probably prolonged her injury since the shadow sword seems to help preserve ones life. That and maybe she turns up in a sequel, :O not sure but thats just something noticed
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby rodgy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:58 pm

rhue was near slade when he dies thus he absorbed his aura it is explained during the story or maybe his aura was absorbed when rhues sword was in him
rodgy
Wanderer

Postby Nightmare2626 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:14 pm

The sword absorbs the aura.

In case you didn't notice, once Slade was stabbed with Rhue's Shadow Sword, he became a "mere shell of his former self", to quote Jopaga.

So therefore I think its safe to assume that Rhue's blade absorbed Slade's aura, and Slade then killed himself because he had lost the connection to his soul and couldn't take it. This explains why he jumps after Kloe comes near him, he's clearly gone insane.
"Hello, my name is Chris. I'm supposed to be on my best behaviour tonight and not mention poo... Oh God! What have I done?!" - Chris, Familly Guy
Nightmare2626
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:29 pm

Wait, you may have somthing there. It didn't absorb the aura, because he wasnt dead. But it severed some kinda connection like between the body and soul or somthing. Which would explain why once he did die, he was alot less talkative in the city.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Cyberg-Ares » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:37 pm

But Alan was only wounded near the Shadow Sword in Ep.4 in the mines, yet he is totally in The City.

But I do agree about the whole "Slades soul is in there because he grew into the sword". But is it Slade who is talking in the Reaches ending, or Rhue's mind? Seems like Slade.
Cyberg-Ares
Plyn

Postby brigas » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:31 pm

Alan is in the city because he was dead when the phantom slasher killed sacrifa. In the map that happens, look closely and you will see alan's legs behind a bush. He was dead and his soul was absorbed. So was slades, when rhue passed by and checked his body, stating that he was dead afterwards.
brigas
Plyn

Postby Cyberg-Ares » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:35 pm

No, I think the rest of Slades soul had already passed when Rhue passed him, which is why he is still empty in The City.
Cyberg-Ares
Plyn

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:59 pm

Yeah thats what i'd like to believe as well and also other than that I like to think out of the box :D I don't want to assume just yet that Slade was UNDOUBTABLY absorbed because theres not definite proof
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby Asra » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:08 am

Slade's soul is shattered forever, since he couldn't die immediately like normal people. 8)
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby SinisterDoctorX » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:49 am

I didn't see Slade anywhere in the game... :?
-----------------------------
Sinister Doctor X Pharmacy
Coming to a store near YOU!
HAHAHAHAHAHAAA-*cough**cough*
-----------------------------
SinisterDoctorX
Wanderer

Postby Asra » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:22 pm

*cough* sidequest. You could also use Jabbo's walkthrough, it has it in there. 8)
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion