Prequel sequel

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Prequel or Sequel?

Prequel, Past is good
52%
Sequel, Must finish up theories on the way in general
48%

Total votes : 44

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:34 am

ehhh I don't like Gaius that much, it would be cool though if he had to carry out these missions and you took control since we don't know what he does. But besides that I would rather have someone who knows something but not a whole lot...it's hard to explain...
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby JackandDrake » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:47 am

Both would be good but I think a sequel would be better. But I don't suppose that anyone knows what the story in The Way Universe is about Lun began to write in 2003? (he comments on that in the auditorium)
ImageImage
JackandDrake
Wanderer

Postby Alundra » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:41 pm

Lun:"In 2003, I began work on another story set in The Way universe."

It might not have anything to do with a sequel or a prequel but i'm betting there's much more to be told about the true nature of the Way... a story of which even rhue's is only but a tiny fragment... it's like comparing your own life against that of the whole timeline of humanity and even earth's history... meh just hoping out loud, stating the obvious and something somebody else has prolly already said.[/quote]
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby dyyhpys » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:34 pm

By

does he mean the year 2003 or Rpgmaker2k3?
ALAN: Badgering? I never mentioned
a badger. I'm talking about kitty
kats.
dyyhpys
S1 Hilyn

Postby Victor » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:55 pm

Probably 2003. It'd be odd to refer to RPG Maker 2003 as simply "2003," when there are such common ways as "RM2k3." Also, there seems to have been something about 2003. The opening screen of EP6 has a copyright notice of 2003. There are also several mentions of stuff in EP6 being worked on after EP3. I don't know when EP3 was released, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was around that time.

Also, I doubt Lun is going to work with RPG Maker after this, seeing as how there are easier systems for people with programming knowledge, which Lun would seem to have after seeing what he's done with such a limited system. I also seem to recall him mentioning that in the IRC chat. I remember someone was suggesting Sphere, though I don't recall if Lun said he was going to use Sphere specifically. Even if Lun was going to use RPG Maker, from what I know, I feel he would be more likely to use RMXP since it has a much better scripting system.
Victor
Plyn

Postby Vicious » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:37 pm

I think he shouldn't do either because it might ruin a brilliant series.
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

-Francios Fenelon-
Vicious
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:08 pm

I think he should do whatever he already plans to do. Worst case scenario Lun never does anything related to The Way again. Fwacho still probably slips up and reveals everything.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:41 am

You still save Rhue's status in the end of Episode 6. If Lun didn't want to make a seventh part (Which makes sense, seven-part series) he woulden't of bothered to add that.

Sequel, methinks. I want to see some more connections explained, while allowing Rhue's plot to continue.

But let's not say 'The plot can't go on from here'. We ARE talking about Lun.

"For all the Dreamers! Our Planet's dream is not over yet.."
Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:20 am

Rhue's role as the main character is over , If Lun shall make another episode, It will most likely be "act II" . . .
The Save file may effect some things depending on the ending or what not
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:30 am

You still save Rhue's status in the end of Episode 6. If Lun didn't want to make a seventh part (Which makes sense, seven-part series) he woulden't of bothered to add that.

You could save your data at the end of Golden Sun 2, but theres no plans for a GS3.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:16 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:

You could save your data at the end of Golden Sun 2, but theres no plans for a GS3.

Link battles.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:25 am

Do you even get xp for beating the final boss? I didn't think you did.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Imoto » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:05 am

Yeah, arctura does give you AR.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:01 am

I was referring to Golden Sun, should have been more specific.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Pieolence » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:01 am

Sling wrote:I would vote both put I can't
What Lun should is create
a couple of games leading up to
The Way Episode 1 and then
create a couple more starting
from the end of Episode 6.
That would be freakin' awesome.

Yeah... I think Lun should either make a couple of games as prequels, and a few as sequels... or at least write a script/storyline so that other people could make prequels/sequels that follow that storyline, and have a contest to see which one of each prequel/sequel episode is the best...

(basically let's say that there are 3 prequels and 3 sequels that he has written storyline's for... labeled prequels 1-3, and sequels 1-3 [for reference], there would be 6 contests, so if a bunch of people made a "prequel 1", the best one would win the "prequel 1 contest", yet there would be a separate contest for "prequel 2", and the best entry of each prequel/sequel [after a month or so of judging] would be submitted as the official download of that prequel or sequel... this idea could probably be improved upon... a lot... so ideas, honest opinions, and flame is welcome...)
Pieolence
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion