Just finished, some questions/comments

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:56 am

major question 4. do you remember some one mentioning the mists? Od you remember the story of Janwen. how do those co-exist beside each other?

I've thought of this before, but never really found an appropriate place to post it. Maby the shockwave that the lord of the pits used on Janwen is the rolling mists. I guess everyone that was out of range of the blast saw it, and the guided were formed soon after the dustruction of Janwen, probably the first people to explain that the explosion were "rolling mists" and they must keep wandering. Of course that would meen that there are no rolling mists, unless the shockwave was so powerful that its still moving along the way.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby fwacho » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:42 pm

Wellsy630 wrote:
Quite frankly, I dislike having to infer major plot points from vague references in RM2K events. These aren't minor questions of slight importance - these are important issues with Rhue, the Purpose, and the Way, issues for which we've played 6 episodes in order to discover some semblance of closure. So the answer to all of these questions is, "Scour RM2K events, make up some theories and forget about resolution"?

The stuff hidden in the code is more confimation stuff for those willing to hunt it. Teh playable version however answers the questions about Rhue, swords, Midian, Serena. naturatlly it's not spelled out for you all because that would imply you were stupid and be generally insulting. Lun expects that you as gamers have enough intelligence to at least guess with reasonable certainty at a few key points. of course if you hate doing that I'ld advise you stay away from David Brin stuff.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:33 am

Fwacho, once again: We can theorise forever, but nearly every topic and question has at least two possibilities, and without confirmation or more information, there's no "certainty". There's no satisfaction in the end until we actually KNOW these things. And nobody will tell us when we're right.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Spyke10k » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:42 am

Hmm, I would like more closure/clarity too. On the other hand it is Lun's work and I don't want to say how he should do his story. Oh well, maybe it will build up good longevity and hype or something. Whatever.
Spyke10k
Plyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:49 am

Just reading through Wellsy's post again... He makes an extremely strong point, and it's absolutely right. We simply don't know everything, and we never will until it's in the games or whatever else Lun makes.

The answer to major question 2. who is gaius... based on what you've learned, who do you think. what makes him who he is, is even mention at least once in a conversation. The clues as to why Gaius would work with "Rhue" are every where and just barely short of heavy handed.

Lun and Fwacho are crazy, crazy people. They seem to magically find everything more obvious than everyone else does. Or maybe it's just more obvious when you write it than when you read it. The fact is, NO, the clues are not even remotely clear, you can't tell where you are, there isn't enough information, and even if none of the things I just said were true, there's still what has already been pointed out:

his vagueness, this gray area doesn't make the Way any deeper or more mysterious, only more frustrating - there's too much gray area, too much that's open to interpretation. Someone made a comment that it's unfair to make a comparison to Sherlock Holmes, where fans demanded an addendum to a story that was finished as opposed to here where there are major holes yet to be filled. There is too much in question and too many holes to just say, "Well, you figure the rest out." After looking at all the disparate theories on these forums, there will never be a satisfactory resolution to these issues unless it comes from The Way itself.

And I fear that won't happen.

So we go around in circles until we tire of the chase.

The clues are NOT clear enough, and even if there were, unless it comes from The Way itself, we can't prove it. And thus it doesn't end.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Poenaensis » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:10 pm

Impossible wrote:Fwacho, once again: We can theorise forever, but nearly every topic and question has at least two possibilities, and without confirmation or more information, there's no "certainty". There's no satisfaction in the end until we actually KNOW these things. And nobody will tell us when we're right.

I just felt the need to quote the most utterly correct thing I've read today. Eventually, we want to know, not just theorise. I'll wait as long as it takes.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Jasonflare » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:13 pm

Why can't Lun, once in a while, pop up and say a theory's right?
All we have is fwacho, who misleds us.
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:25 pm

fwacho wrote:The stuff hidden in the code is more confimation stuff for those willing to hunt it. Teh playable version however answers the questions about Rhue, swords, Midian, Serena. naturatlly it's not spelled out for you all because that would imply you were stupid and be generally insulting. Lun expects that you as gamers have enough intelligence to at least guess with reasonable certainty at a few key points. of course if you hate doing that I'ld advise you stay away from David Brin stuff.

Of course, I would hate to have things simply spelled out, to have Gaius simply say, "Well, this is basically what has happened to you." That would be terrible.

Thing is, I'm not sure we're able to "guess with reasonable certainty" since a lot of the evidence is circumstantial and can be used to support any number of competing theories. So we're just guessing. There seems to be too much left to subjective interpretation rather than objective reasoning. I'm hoping that the Big List of Everything, by putting everything we know for sure together, will help to eliminate some possibilities, but in the end we might just have a bunch of unconfirmed theories.

And for the record, I HAVE read some of David Brin's stuff, by the way.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:51 pm

Jasonflare wrote:Why can't Lun, once in a while, pop up and say a theory's right?

Or puts us in the right dirrection, which may ironicly put us back in the wrong dirrection.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby fwacho » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:06 pm

Burning_Flame wrote:
Jasonflare wrote:Why can't Lun, once in a while, pop up and say a theory's right?

Or puts us in the right dirrection, which may ironicly put us back in the wrong dirrection.

sadly often yes.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby yoreliter » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:24 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
major question 4. do you remember some one mentioning the mists? Od you remember the story of Janwen. how do those co-exist beside each other?

I've thought of this before, but never really found an appropriate place to post it. Maby the shockwave that the lord of the pits used on Janwen is the rolling mists. I guess everyone that was out of range of the blast saw it, and the guided were formed soon after the dustruction of Janwen, probably the first people to explain that the explosion were "rolling mists" and they must keep wandering. Of course that would meen that there are no rolling mists, unless the shockwave was so powerful that its still moving along the way.

reading this gave me a strange idea.

what if tetzel is the lord below, and he let out the shockwave. i mean, that would be a huge suprise. and eyashu may have just been someone who wielded a shadow sword and tried to tell the guided that thier leader was their greatest enemy and he created the purpose to cover up the truth so he could rule forever. i know, not likely, but i think it would be a neato plot twist and have huge effect on the story line.

oh, and another small note. when you first meet gaius, he is in a cave, by himself, and later on, Rhue says caves aren't so bad, so maybe, some evidence that Rhue and Gaius would travel together, is they both dont mind caves.

yeah, i know gaius agrees with traz when they have the "i dont like caves" convo, but im sure if i went back and looked at the dialogue, there might be a fallibility in what gaius says about caves. this is from another bulletin, but i couldn't find it :?
The best actions almost never yield the best consequences
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

Postby Snowy » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:17 pm

Is it possible that Dirk is Scatha's, Slade's and Serena's father? he's surely old enough.
Snowy
Plyn

Postby Jasonflare » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:00 pm

Snowy wrote:Is it possible that Dirk is Scatha's, Slade's and Serena's father? he's surely old enough.

Yeah, but would Slade not do anything when he saw Dirk?
And Dirk convos with Scatha point otherwise.
OMG,Image
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Snowy » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:32 am

Really? well, for first, Slade might've been too young to remember. And Scatha DOES recognize him and speak with him much. It's strange assuming Dirk is some exterior character, not directly connected to anything, isn't it?
Snowy
Plyn

Postby Imoto » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:41 am

Gaius would be trying to find Jeruh if he was looking for shadow swords.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion