I don't understand.

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

I don't understand.

Postby SeeK » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:46 am

What happened? One moment I was fighting the Arctura, the other the ending sequence was rolling. I just don't get it. I can't really explain how I feel right now, it's just...confused emptiness. I'll have to agree with others here. When I downloaded E6 I thought "Dream Estrana" was just going to be a small part of it, to answer a few questions. And sure, I had fun in the Dream. I walked by Lilah's house and thought to myself "Whoa, this is where we broke in!"...so many memories.

But anyway. I just can't grasp what happened. For pretty much the whole episode nothing of importance happened. And then it all happened at once. Questions were answered. Suspicions confirmed. But...

I admit I haven't done all the possible things. I haven't entered the Reaches, for example. I've only seen it in Rm2K. But I thought the important questions would be anwered in the main story, as usual. I still don't know what really happened to Traz's mother. I guess Rhue (Rhue?) killed her, but we didn't see any of that.

The whole goal of The Way (to find Serena) simply vanished in the cutscene. I was just so confused. I'll have to play it through again, I guess. But still...so short? It feels like it was barely longer than E1...

And I...can't get it through my head that it's over. The Way is lightyears ahead of MANY commercial games out there. It was a great experience, but now it's over.

I have many questions left. If the game can't answer those, then I don't know what I'll do...

Well...I've got some pondering to do. I just think the end was weird.
"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, not the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change" ~ Charles Darwin

"War is not for the faint hearted, but when you have no heart it's easy!" ~ NetWiz, DS Clan (Half-Life 2: DM)
SeeK
Plyn

Postby Magnusblitz » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:24 am

I think the general consenus seems to be that Traziun's mum was killed by Rhue (or Jeruh's shadow sword, the Phantom Slasher) sometime in the past, which is why she appears in Dream Estrana (she's supposed to be the woman you chase around in the Reflective Sky area?)

I think one thing that would've helped is to seperate the revelation that Serena is truly dead and the revelation that Rhue is really just the made-up personality he absorbed from Jeruh. Maybe let Rhue find out Serena is dead; grapple with it for awhile, and then hunt down Gaius/someone to exact vengence before having the truth of Jeruh forced upon him.
Magnusblitz
Wanderer

Postby Swicord » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:38 am

I reckon that Traziun did indeed know that Rhue as the Phantom Slasher killed his mother, but he also understood that Rhue as the individual was not responsible for that. So by taking Rhue's Shadow Sword and killing himself, he destroyed the Phantom Slasher without harming Rhue. Pretty noble of him.

As for the remaining questions, that's what your imagination, and the forums, are for. If people continue to talk about The Way long after the series ends, then it will still live on regardless. That's much better than forcing additional episodes that are simply not meant to happen. (Terminator 3 is a terrific example of this. So was Sherlock Holmes as was mentioned in another thread.)
Swicord
Wanderer

Postby Impossible » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:57 pm

I think the general consenus seems to be that Traziun's mum was killed by Rhue (or Jeruh's shadow sword, the Phantom Slasher) sometime in the past

Phantom Slasher was Rhue's Shadow Sword, not Jeruh's - Jeruh had a different sword, almost definitely.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby fwacho » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:36 am

Traziun said, and I quote, "an eye for an eye father" This statement is huge. particulalry in light of what had just been said earlier. think about it. just think all the possible ramifications of what that might mean.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:03 am

>_<

Someone else do it.

Um, somehow it has something to do with his father? Honestly, I can't wait to see these questions answered...
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Swicord » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:27 am

It was "a life for a life".

The only thing I can see that would have to do with his father would be that Traz killed his dad, so killing himself was a sort of full circle sort of thing.
Swicord
Wanderer

Postby Kyle » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:02 am

I simply assumed that statement was related to Kalmar having done nothing to keep his wife from dying...

I really don't see what else the statement could be related to...

I also feel that for a last episode there is far too much left open ended. Sure, you can have theories and have them sound 99% correct. But since we'll never get any confirmation on the matter we might as well not theorize any longer and accept that we got an ending concering Rhue and Rhue alone (and even Rhue has a lot of mysteries left...).
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby hpmons » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:10 am

Impossible wrote:
I think the general consenus seems to be that Traziun's mum was killed by Rhue (or Jeruh's shadow sword, the Phantom Slasher) sometime in the past

Phantom Slasher was Rhue's Shadow Sword, not Jeruh's - Jeruh had a different sword, almost definitely.

Then why on the map "A sword", showing the flashback, is Jeruh listed as Rhue?
hpmons
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:33 am

Because Lun was using the exact same map he used in EP2, and if he had written Jeruh on it back in EP2 we would have gotten suspicious.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Gordonella » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:54 pm

I just thought that Traz was the one who killed his mom, being that he killed himself. >_>

But whoever said the thing about destroying the Shadow Sword to get revenge on Rhuimicava without killing him seems to make more sense. My theory's that the only type of sword that could've taken Trazzy's life was a Shadow Sword, hence why he followed Blueboy all the way down the Way.
Gordonella
Wanderer

Postby Forerunner » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:49 am

I assumed that the shadow sword (whichever aura was controlling at the time, not Rhue though.) killed Traz's mum, so he had to destroy it to avange her, but he killed his father so he had to kill himself to avenge him (that's just a wild guess). So he achieved both goals by killing himself with the shadow sword causing it to be destroyed therefore destroying whatever aura did kill his mum.

One think I don't understand is that if that or something like it is true, then why does he let Rhue go in the Lexus ending? Surely the different endings don't affect Traziuns decision.

Another thing is that it appears that 'Rhue' and Jeruh had different shadow swords, but if so then how do the auras get transferred (I'm assuming it's when 'Rhue' kills Jeruh, but that isn't explained.), why did 'Rhue' have a shadow sword and what happens to Jeruhs shadow sword?

And if 'Rhue' did have a shadow sword (like Impossible said it's highly likely), then was the PS originally in Jeruh's or 'Rhue's' shadow sword? If it was originally in 'Rhue's' then does that mean he was the so called 'perfect tool of Justice' before he killed Jeruh? This could explain why 'Rhue' was hunting Jeruh, and the conflicting aura's of the 2 shadow swords can explain why 'Rhue' wasn't acting like a perfect tool of justice during the series. But if that is true then why did the PS want Rhue to search for Serena?

Goddamn it. It seems like every theory leads to something else, but in the end there is always something contradicting it.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby fwacho » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:25 pm

what if more than one force is at work?
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:27 pm

But whoever said the thing about destroying the Shadow Sword to get revenge on Rhuimicava without killing him seems to make more sense. My theory's that the only type of sword that could've taken Trazzy's life was a Shadow Sword, hence why he followed Blueboy all the way down the Way.

Traziun didn't even know it wasnt Kalmar who killed his mother until ep5, so I doubt that was the reason he followed Rhue thoughout the game.

Another thing is that it appears that 'Rhue' and Jeruh had different shadow swords, but if so then how do the auras get transferred (I'm assuming it's when 'Rhue' kills Jeruh, but that isn't explained.)

What auras have to be transferred? The only person we know Jeruh killed was Serena, and theres no real proof that shes even in The City. While it is possible that the girl is Serena, you then have to explain we she ages but others dont, like Kavax.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Gordonella » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:37 pm

Traziun didn't even know it wasnt Kalmar who killed his mother until ep5, so I doubt that was the reason he followed Rhue thoughout the game.

I meant from when Trazzy discovers who truly killed her to the beginning/end of E6.
Gordonella
Wanderer

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion