I don't understand.

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Jasonflare » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:40 pm

The Girl, for some reason, hasn't heard of Janwen. So she ain't Serena. Jeruh threw his sword away a long, long time ago.
OMG,Image
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:18 pm

Jasonflare wrote:The Girl, for some reason, hasn't heard of Janwen. So she ain't Serena.

...What? That's the most random conclusion I've ever heard.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Wellsy » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:21 am

I believe his reasoning is that Janwen would have been a widely known legend by Serena's time, so since the Girl doesn't know about it, she must have been absorbed before Janwen. Not that I agree with it, but the reasoning isn't that random.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:32 am

Well, she WAS a child when she was killed, and perhaps parents don't tell their children the legend of the city that was burnt to the grounds by the purpose because all of its citizens were devil-worshipers.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Forerunner » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:05 am

...do people grow in dream Estrana?

I don't mean grow stronger or smarter (although it seems like no one ever does that either unless they come in contact with Rhue[or whoever is the aura in control of Rhue's body at the time]), I mean grow older?

I assumed that everyone was sort of in a stasis when it comes to time since they are auras not people and they are trapped in a shadow sword, but has that ever been confirmed?

And if a person's aura is killed inside the sword, then what happens? If the swords power depends on the auras it contains, does that mean that if auras die inside it, it grows weaker? Or does the experience that goes to the killer make his aura that much stronger that it's sort of an equivalent exchange?
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:12 pm

...do people grow in dream Estrana?

If people aged, Kavax would be pretty old by now.

And if a person's aura is killed inside the sword, then what happens? If the swords power depends on the auras it contains, does that mean that if auras die inside it, it grows weaker? Or does the experience that goes to the killer make his aura that much stronger that it's sort of an equivalent exchange?

Well, if killing a person inside the sword destroyed the aura, it would become alittle weaker, but it would also be less auras attached to the sword. If someone could find a way to enter their sword at will, and kill a bunch of people in it, they could effectively keep their sword from ever getting to many auras and going crazy. Maby this is the way that guy the women in red was talking about did it.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby tulleh » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:27 pm

I'm not sure about some of this stuff...but where is Dream Estrana actually situated, and what happens if you die in it?
tulleh
Plyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:59 am

Well it's not "situated" anywhere in reality. It's a mishmash of everything that Phantom Slasher has consumed, including Estrana, many people and possibly Janwen. What's left of the things that were absorbed by the sword (Auras in the case of Wanderers) exist inside the sword, in Dream Estrana.

I forget where I read this, but when someone is killed in Dream Estrana I'm pretty sure their Aura just disperses, just like an aura would if someone was killed regularily.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:45 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:If someone could find a way to enter their sword at will, and kill a bunch of people in it, they could effectively keep their sword from ever getting to many auras and going crazy. Maby this is the way that guy the women in red was talking about did it.

I like this theory - it makes a great deal of logical sense. And it would not necessarily have to destroy the auras, just weaken their strength to the point where they wouldn't pose a threat.

Another question - did we ever address where the monsters in Dream Estrana came from? You could say the sword absorbed their auras, but I thought that to have an aura required a soul, and stuff like slimes and such wouldn't fit that. I suspect it might just be something we're not supposed to think about . . . but I did. :roll:
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby tulleh » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:13 am

Well, Rhue needs somewhere to power up in dreamworld...
tulleh
Plyn

Postby Imoto » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:46 am

Uh, well the whole concept of Rhue getting stronger by defeating enemies is taht he's consuming the ambient aura released.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:15 am

Exactly, I'd argue they have auras, although there isn't any hard proof either way.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:16 am

Someone in the game said everything had auras or somthing like that, but Icant remember where it was said.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:06 am

Well Rhue kills shit all the time, if those aura's are absorbed, but arn't as stable as people's aruas, then maybe the evil twists and merges them into new stuff or something.

Another question is why is it Dream Estrana? I mean, why not the Marna stretch, or Landorin or some other place?
Maybe it's because the shadow sword sort of caused the destruction of or was near the destruction of Estrana... but that means that the city sort of has an aura...
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:42 am

Well this has been discussed before. A shadow sword doesn't need to be the cause of something's death to absorb the aura. It just has to be within a certain distance. And I'm beginning to think absolutely everything has an aura. It's like... the residual of how people places and things were at their prime (the peak of their development). At least, that's pretty much how auras are seen in the series.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion