Kalmar's Plan

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Kalmar's Plan

Postby Poenaensis » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:57 pm

From everything seen so far on post E6 discussion, everything seems to link to this guy.

If I was Kalmar and wanted more power I would ensure that all shadow/ more powerful swords were in my posession. So: what if Gaius' mission was kalmar's 'justice' which involved taking or destroying all of these swords. If I could make Gaius believe in what he was doing then he would gain all of those benefits like his superduper sheild. Even if Kalmar knew what he was doing wasn't without selfishness, gaius wouldn't, brainwashing is powerful.

So, Gaius is wandering along the way and knows of a guy named Jeruh who has a shadow sword. Somehow he runs into the mimic who's last victim was midian (this could work the other way round gaius hears about jeruh from the mimic). Perhaps, with his powers of perception gaius knows that this midian is carrying a super sword, but he does have a rather conveniant knack of attacking every shadow sword he sees. Perhaps Gaius was letting the mimic keep his sword for the time being because, with his guidence, gaius could acheive his objective faster.

So midian has found someone to help him kill jeruh, great. So off they go, when Jerus is dead, gaius seems keen to bury the body and yoink the sword. Rhue's sword absorbs all the auras from jeruh's sword as well as the fictional rhue. The stress of either absobing so many auras or from absorbing the messed up Rhue fossilize him as the Rhue character.

At the end, in the traz suicide ending, Gaius says that things will continue the same for him, he will continue on his path because he is not so unlike slade, blindly following someone else's justice.

This is just a theory, don't bite my head off for obvious mistakes.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Poenaensis » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:09 pm

Further point.

If traz was Kalmar's first attempt to make his plan work that would explain traz's knowledge of shadow swords
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:31 pm

Jeruh didn't have his shadow sword anymore by that point. People seem to be forgetting that a lot all of a sudden.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Magnusblitz » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:35 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Jeruh didn't have his shadow sword anymore by that point. People seem to be forgetting that a lot all of a sudden.

Then how does Rhue-Merc absorb Jeruh's memories if the sword isn't anywhere nearby? How does Rhue-Merc get the shadow sword in the first place? (Assuming it's the same one Jeruh used)

Are we supposed to imagine that Jeruh killed the kids/Serena with the shadow sword, lost it, Rhue-Merc found it, and then killed Jeruh? Seems a bit convienent to me...
Magnusblitz
Wanderer

Postby Spyke10k » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:35 am

Well if Rhue is Kura or Mimic/Venge(venge is the lord of the pits son) he probably has had a shadow sword for a very long time. No one knows where he got it, except the above three make sense. Venge seems likely right, did any of the legends state that he had a sword? I think he did right? He scarred his father(lord of the pits) with some kind of sword.
Spyke10k
Plyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:19 am

If Rhue was once Venge then it would not be very hard to explain where he got his sword. From Episode 4:

"FIGURE: Rumor has it that the Shadow
Swords were created by the Lord Below
in response to the creation of the
Illuminati."

If the Lord Below created the Shadow Swords then he could have just given one of them to his son.

To answer Magnusblitz's question, if Rhue has had his sword for this long then it would probably have been a different Shadow Sword that Jeruh killed the kids with.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Dr. Casey » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:02 pm

When is this "Venge" rascal mentioned? I've never heard of the guy.
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:07 pm

Venge is the subject of one of the poems in Lexus's tomb. You can read it in the first post of this topic.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Asra » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:18 pm

Also... I think maybe Rhue, in a daze after having just killed someone else, may have just let Jeruh pull the sword out of that man's corpse. It could very well have been Rhue who let Jeruh use the sword, and later stole it back after Jeruh ran off.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:42 am

The man in red (guy in the mines) is worth listening too. and partially answers these questions.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Spyke10k » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:26 am

These are the names of the Illuminati copied and paste from that bookshelf you read in Episode 4; Revalzo, Aldebaran, Arctura, Betelgeuse, Fomalhaut, Venturi,and Regulus. Reading through the same episode theres that one guy in a black hood in Estrana that says that the Illuminati were created by the Purpose and the shadow swords by the Lord of the Pits.

However isn't the Purpose just made up by Tetzel? Anyway my main point was going to be that there is probably 6 shadow swords that were once Illuminati and one untainted one; the seventh. Venge must have been one of the six carriers of the Illuminati, hence his became tainted as well. Strange, confusing and interesting. Maybe once I play the way through all the way again it will make sense.

Traziun has Night Reaper, Kalmer has Ghost Horror, and Rhue has the Phantom Slasher. Gaius has one probably, could be the one remaing Illuminati. Jeruh had one at one point as well, though at this point we don't know. Could have been any of the three above. If Jeruh had one that wasn't mentioned though I guess that leaves two or three shadow swords unaccounted for; however in the book giving the Illuminati names it somewhat hinted that there might be more. 7 seems like a magic number too me though. 6 shadow swords; 6 episodes, 6 possibly characters at the end, 6 paintings in the house of Pnoe and 6 auras at the Phantoms edge. For some reason that seems interesting.

Just laying that all out there as some info. Mostly just so I can think better on it.
Spyke10k
Plyn

Postby fwacho » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:51 pm

do you remebr the name of the final boss before the last plunge?
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:08 pm

Arctura
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Jasonflare » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:20 pm

So Rhue's sword....is part Illuminati and Shadow? Makes sense where the place Rhue plunges the Phantom Slasher is called Shadow And Light.
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Aegis » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:39 pm

The theory is that the Shadow Swords were actually former Illuminati, that were supposedly destroyed at Janwen. However, the problem with this is that there are three shadow swords, and one of the illuminati escaped the destruction at Janwen... Then again, some things point to Rhue having the Illuminati. The sword dying of remorse, hitting all of the shadow swords away, the Phantom Slasher as a being of perfect justice who doesn't kill children...

This would be assuming that the Illuminati have the same aura-absorption abilites as Shadow Swords, rewarding people for killing other wanderers, implying that the sword is, in fact, evil. Yes, it's quite a conondroume.

EDIT: There's a lot on the subject in the Theory Compilation post.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion