Some thoughts on Gaius, Serena and the sword

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Masked Gamer » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:04 am

Would it have been so hard for there to be a cutscene at some point in E6 if you unlock Slade, in which Rhue and Slade talk about Serena, or Rhue just mentions Serena, and we're given a big enough connection for one less part of the plot to be as opaque as about 50% or so of it is right now?

Well that would've been nice, except Slade doesn't talk at all in Ep6.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Bryjnar » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:10 pm

randomperson wrote:^ Which is why the Shadow Sword couldn't kill her, because it only hurts the innocent, while the Illuminati only hurt the guilty.

What gave you that impression? The PS has a very interestingly discriminatory attitude to it's victims; won't kill children etc. If we go with the theory that the Shadow Swords are the corrupted Illuminati then they might have retained their sense of justice, only twisted.

I talked more about this here: http://www.crestfallen.us/phpBB2/viewto ... 9&start=15
Bryjnar
Plyn

Postby JLAF » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:39 pm

I always thought the PS didn't kill children because the dominant arua was Jeruh, who had a warped version of the Landorin Massacre where my children died, thought it may be some "young and innocent" type thing, or something that's more of less random.

Also, keep in mind that Rhue couldn't attack Gaius OR harbinger. Infact, he got the same flash repell thing...
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:45 pm

Well, the thing is, it's not necessarily that the PS can't attack children, not in the same sense as Gaius, where he's actually repelled, it's just that the PS won't. I think they're kind of two different scenarios. He probably can't touch Gaius because he wields the one Illuminati, imo. It makes sense to me, since Gaius is still all about Justice, but not the PS's sense of Justice. So the theory goes that Illuminati is sort of "untainted justice" and shadow swords being the antithesis of that.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Bryjnar » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:18 am

Here's another idea: perhaps the Shadow Swords hate each other and try to attack each other because the Illuminati inside them recognises the twisted justice inside the other sword. It can't see how it's own principles are twisted, but maybe it won't tolerate that in something else. It might therefore not attack the Illuminati because it recognises them as a true force of justice, and it still thinks that is a good thing.
Bryjnar
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:48 pm

Hmm... that could work. I just wish we had some way to prove all this, instead of having theories based on other theories and so on.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby JLAF » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:10 pm

We could bribe Lun? j/k
It makes sense to me, but the problem it that it only works if some other unproven things work.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:21 pm

Bryjnar wrote:Here's another idea: perhaps the Shadow Swords hate each other and try to attack each other because the Illuminati inside them recognises the twisted justice inside the other sword. It can't see how it's own principles are twisted, but maybe it won't tolerate that in something else. It might therefore not attack the Illuminati because it recognises them as a true force of justice, and it still thinks that is a good thing.

. . . Brilliant, Just like the characters of The Way themselves!
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:47 pm

. . . Brilliant, Just like the characters of The Way themselves!

The great chain of being in action? Seems to apply to parts of the Way, but you'd need an actual heirarchy within the Way to prove it.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:15 am

Theorising about the timeline in Zelda games involves more use of evidence and logical conclusions than The Way. It may be ridiculous, but at least you can have proof for something. In The Way we're left with no certainty and not enough understanding to ever reach one.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:47 am

Impossible wrote:Theorising about the timeline in Zelda games involves more use of evidence and logical conclusions than The Way. It may be ridiculous, but at least you can have proof for something. In The Way we're left with no certainty and not enough understanding to ever reach one.

False, Look at all the things we -do- know and at all the things we didn't in the past.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby fwacho » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:03 am

Bryjnar wrote:Here's another idea: perhaps the Shadow Swords hate each other and try to attack each other because the Illuminati inside them recognises the twisted justice inside the other sword. It can't see how it's own principles are twisted, but maybe it won't tolerate that in something else. It might therefore not attack the Illuminati because it recognises them as a true force of justice, and it still thinks that is a good thing.

that's not a terribbly bad idea. Can you disprove it?
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby JLAF » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:40 am

Can you?? Because if you can, then it's wrong, but you you can't, then it's almost definitely right. Anyway, I can't, but I'm a noob, so that doesn't mean much.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:10 am

Is it just me or is JLAF deliberately being a complete dumb-ass?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:43 pm

JLAF wrote:Can you?? Because if you can, then it's wrong, but you you can't, then it's almost definitely right. Anyway, I can't, but I'm a noob, so that doesn't mean much.

If it can be disproved Fwacho could do it. Will he do it is the better question, to which the answer is probably not.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion