Wait a minute? TWO?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Wait a minute? TWO?

Postby Jasonflare » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:16 pm

I was reading the Wanderer's Guidebook when I came across this:

The Landorin Stretch -
The Landorin stretch is a somewhat well known stretch because it bears the scars of two extremely horrific events that occured many years ago. Very few name this stretch as their home stretch(Massacre!) as some wanderers are very suspicious of anyone from Landorin.

What's the other one?
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Jasonflare » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:36 pm

Error: This topic appeared on the bottom of the page, for some reason.
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Shindy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:49 pm

k now the other one might be referring to Traziun's death...

and it is because lots o people post here..
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Requiem » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:45 pm

Ooo. Good find. I never noticed that.

What, indeed, is the other horrific event that occured on the Landorin Stretch?

Perhaps... The man who was murdered by the shadow sword, who Jeruh pulls the shadow sword from, was a rather important person?
But that would place the two events very close together... And a single murder doesn't seem quite enough to hit "horrific"...

Still, that raises another question I'd like the answer to.
Who were those two people?
The wielder of the shadow sword and the victim?
Requiem
Plyn

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:13 am

if the guided that were killed before you fought Strata I think that could be one...but I realised it's too far off
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby Dy3000 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:22 am

Personally I thought the other massacre had to be the Guided massacre that involved Kura and Kava, from which a huge forests of Landorin grew from. Which is also why I believe that either one of the two figures in the forest where Jeruh got his sword might be either one of Kava or Kura, or both where one has been absorbed, who weilding a Shadow Sword would be ageless and for whatever reason remained in the forest.

Also, the general belief seems to be that one figure killed the other, but somehow I don't think that. Perhaps he killed himself, as Shadow Sword weilders are supposedly suicidal eventually? Or maybe the other guy who doesn't move is the "Phantom Slasher" that we see follow Rhue around? Maybe he doesn't move because the "Phantom Slasher" is linked to the sword and since the wielder was dead, he couldn't do anything without a weilder, just like the sword?

And why where there no bodies found of the children massacre? Who cleaned up the bodies? Or maybe something else happened to the children?

The suicide idea also got me thinking... there's kind of a theory that an Illuminati killing Traziun (non-evil) would destroy Illuminati. What happens if a Shadow Sword kills something very evil?
Dy3000
Wanderer

Postby Asra » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:32 am

Well if it also relates to the Kava Kura thing then it helps cement the whole "Rhue is Kura" thing, since he says he recognises the end of the way, but not as the scene of the Landorin Massacre.

Well for that to work the evil sword would have to feel remorse. Would that even be possible though to cause a pure evil sword to feel remorse from killing something else which was pure evil?
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Dy3000 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:44 am

That could be just that Kura's aura is also in Rhue's sword, which I believe is or at least somehow connected with Jeruh's sword. And if Rhue was Kura, the reaction from Kavax seems rather undramatic when they first meet in Dream Estrana don't you think?

Good would feel remorse from killing good. But I was thinking evil would feel something else from killing evil, but I can't think of what :P but it might be something that causes a paradox.
Dy3000
Wanderer

Postby Asra » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:51 am

Hmm well Kavax was the Pharalyn(spelling?), and always struck me as a bit of an odd guy. You only met him for the first time in the Arena, and he probably didn't really have much to say to him at that point. He wanted to wait to see if it was him, since technically it was probably a phenomenal amount of time since he last saw Kura. Why else would he call Rhue Kura? Alot of people in Estrana "recognise Rhue from a long time ago".

Ah well I think evil would feel pretty apathetic unless it actually went so far as to killing the lord of the pits himself.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Dy3000 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:05 am

Heh, I would think that Kava would feel angry. But I think Kavax is not as significant as people think. The code comments talk about how Lun wanted to make the Pharaphalyn battle more interesting but he didn't have time, and the Kura connection might me just some intrigue he threw into the mix for the hardest plunge in the game.

Oh and I wonder, did Kavax see Rhue during the play? If so, he would have had sufficient time to assess Rhue and seek him out, which he doesn't even do anyways if you don't take on the whole sidequest.

"Traziun's mom" recognizes Rhue too, so then did Traziun's mom know Kura? It just seems to me a lot of people recognize Rhue as a variety of identities.

Well, there is the part about the son of the Lord of the Pits scarring his father, but yeah there's probably no evil on evil consequence. But then again apparently "Shadow Swords can't be destroyed", although it probably just meant by "conventional methods".
Dy3000
Wanderer

Postby Poenaensis » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:51 am

Evil would feel nothing for killing evil, that's the whole point, otherwise it wouldn't be evil, just a different side.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:24 am

Good and evil are simply a perspective. The only thing that exists objectively speaking is chaos and order. Think about it.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Poenaensis » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:11 pm

no, that's what I'm saying. Even if I didn't word it properly, "evil" would feel nothing about killing "evil" because this "evil" is about gaining power, it is selfish. That's why rhue's sword is a conundrum, it kills remorselessly and then feels remorse. Chaos and order? although you can come up with convincing arguments for them I think they don't exist like good and evil, they are still just perspectives.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:23 pm

But the difference is that people's definitions of what is good and what is evil change, because it's a personal thing. Bad guys most often believe they are doing the right thing. Also, consider the vigilence council and the guided. Which is right? Neither and both. They are both equal and opposite, but not good and evil.

Chaos and Order has a far more widely accepted definition. Order can be represented by any sort of system, from religion to government. Chaos is basically anarchy, literally or figuratively.

Joseph Conrad suggests that Chaos is like a black hole, it consumes and consumes and consumes. The only thing that can block the black hole is a belief system (Order). That's why a balance must exist between the two. Without chaos, we wouldn't eat or procreate, but without order, we'd kill without mercy...

I think that may apply here, perhaps.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Asra » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:59 pm

Technically Kavax wouldn't feel angry because he wouldn't remember the time he was killed, unless being the Pharalyn lets him know it. It would also explain who visited the witches grave in the forest in that robe.

Now back to the swords. The swords have a purpose other than just killing for the sake of killing. They're tools originally made to purify the way, or at least I think thats their original intention from what the PS says.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion