Alternate endings (BRANCHED SPOILERS)

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:20 pm

Well, if the story is to big for a video game its sure as hell to big for a movie.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Imoto » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:12 pm

The Way is really only a good story for videogame/manga/comicbook. Just because of it's elements.

I have no doubt that Lun could write a wonderful book though.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:09 am

I think it would be good as a big RPG with real time fighting and such... Like Star Ocean: Till the End of Time!

It would pobably make a good book, in fact because of all the thinking and descriptivness in books it would probably reveal more and be easier to understand than the game.

I don't read magna, so I have no opinion on that.

It would also be awesome in a short animated series. Like FLCL. But the Way is too big to be a single movie. Much too big.
Last edited by Forerunner on Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:37 am

I don't know, the way Lun sets up his story... I think a book would almost be too constricting. Same with Manga and maybe even movies. After-all, secret messeges don't lend themselves very well to books. Simply because they can be far to easy to find.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:10 pm

Well, you probably wouldnt be sticking secret messages in the book.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Imoto » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:48 am

It would be good if it were like SO3, only not as shitty.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:05 am

Lun has spent extensive effort teaching himself to draw. The comic route was considered, personally I think a "LOST" style anime would work best.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:59 pm

I would personally like to see a novel. There's alway's the great institution of FanFiction.net. I'd write the story myself except for two things: I don't know what Lun's got going around in his head, and I don't think I would do the story justice, even if I had all Lun's plots laid out on a silver platter. And then there would have to be the incredible choice of what path to take at the end of E6.

edit - typos
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:21 pm

I do not understand what everyone have against the Reaches ending...
In my opinion the two other endings were shallow, Both of them left me thinking What, that's it? But the Reaches ending was truly an epic end to an epic story. Each and every word had such a deep meaning...

And Imoto, I disagree. The Way could make a wonderful philosophical fantasy story book. Laugh if you wish but I think it is up there together with pieces of literature like "Dante's Divine Comedy"
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

On Lun's potential...

Postby Valhariel » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:30 pm

And Imoto, I disagree. The Way could make a wonderful philosophical fantasy story book. Laugh if you wish but I think it is up there together with pieces of literature like "Dante's Divine Comedy"

Good, original literature has become a lost relic in today's world, but just because it's rare doesn't mean it's yet extinct. Every generation has its prodigies who each do their part to add to a history filled with great accomplishments. Who is to say that Lun will not become the next Dante? It's certainly possible, and based on what I've seen from him so far, I think he has a lot going for him...
Valhariel
Wanderer

Postby Dr. Casey » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:28 pm

Sarcasm wrote:And Imoto, I disagree. The Way could make a wonderful philosophical fantasy story book. Laugh if you wish but I think it is up there together with pieces of literature like "Dante's Divine Comedy"

Why would we laugh? It's a great story. The only difference is that it's not brandished by a bunch of irritating elitists that are too stuck on their own opinions and appreciate stories for what I feel are the wrong reasons.
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:10 am

Dr. Casey wrote:
Sarcasm wrote:And Imoto, I disagree. The Way could make a wonderful philosophical fantasy story book. Laugh if you wish but I think it is up there together with pieces of literature like "Dante's Divine Comedy"

Why would we laugh? It's a great story. The only difference is that it's not brandished by a bunch of irritating elitists that are too stuck on their own opinions and appreciate stories for what I feel are the wrong reasons.

^_^
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:17 pm

It's okay to be an elitist when you have the right opinion. If we call everyone who dislikes The Way inferior beings, then it's fine because we're merely stating the truth (which hides nothing, btw).
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:05 am

that's quite an elitist opinon.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:19 pm

Screw you, Imoto! You have no right to talk to me that way! I will not stand for it!
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion