Alternate endings (BRANCHED SPOILERS)

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Alternate endings (BRANCHED SPOILERS)

Postby HappyMaiar » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:44 pm

Hey, I got the Traziun ending.

Anyone want to tell me what happens in the other two?

I'm just gonna read them in RM2k if nobody does, but still I prob won't understand them.
HappyMaiar
Wanderer

Postby Jasonflare » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:00 pm

Lexus Ending
Rhue mutters he has no end anf flies off somewhere secret to live life with Lexus in his sword. Gaius tries to stop him but is stopped by Traziun.

Pits Ending
Have no idea.

Phantom Slasher Plunge, Lost
Lun was going to make one, but didn't have enough time.
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby HolsteinCow » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:36 pm

Jasonflare wrote:Pits Ending
Have no idea.

Rhue dies.
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:09 am

Phantom Slasher Plunge, Lost
Lun was going to make one, but didn't have enough time.

Its the regular ending, expet Rhue has a different facial expression when looking at the sword in the ground.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Jasonflare » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:25 am

But that isn't his sword is it? How could it fly that far?
Then again, look at Ghost Horror.
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:34 am

It couldnt be his sword, it was destroyed.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:59 pm

Kalmar's sword maybe?
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:21 am

Ok, I know this topic is dead a while, and I know I'm about to sound completely clueless, so I'm just gonna post my questions about the endings right here.
(Although, you should know that I have no idea what the swords names are and who wields which, you guys have so many theories and you jump around like mad.)

First off, How many endings are there? I've found three, the Lexus ending, the Reaches/pits ending, and the 'normal' ending (where Traziun kills himself/the sword/the PS).

Secondly, this is about the Reaches ending. I don't understand at all, wtf is going on? I remember hearing something about how the evil under the tower was even greater than the evil in the tower, but those 2 hard bosses had nothing explained about them, and even less about why the fuck Rhue ended up falling through the reaches, into like nothingness or whatever it was, and what happend there made little or no sense. It was very nonsequential. I get that 'Rhue' died though. I can't help wondering what any of that ending had to do with why Rhue and the PS had the little argument about people changing and then Rhue said "I don't care, I just want someone who won't stop trying, and I won't stop trying either." or something along those lines.
Like I said, very nonsequential.

Thirdly, How cool was Rhue in the Lexus ending? I mean the whole "I have no end" thing was pure awesome. I'd like to have it in my sig, but it would be a spoiler thing I guess.
It did seem a bit evil though, I thought the Lexus ending would be happy.

Fourthly, The sword on the mountain is in all endings... in the Lexus ending I would have thought it was the shadow sword that Rhue uses through out the Way, but then in the normal ending it couldn't be because that sword was destroyed, and I guess you could link it to being Rhues sword in the Reaches ending... somehow...

Fifthly, if Serena is the PS, and the PS is the shadowy dude, then unless Serena was part of some elaborate scheme to be a weapon of justice while she was alive, how come she keeps going on about it?
Obviously Gaius wasn't controlling her/it so who was she the 'ultimate weapon of justice' for anyway?

Sixthly, isn't the sword on the ledge Lyrras sword that Rhue knocked away in ep5?

Seventhly, why did Strata briefly appear and then just as silently vanish without doing anything, was there any relevance to anything at all?

Eighthy, why is Cestas body not there in the Lexus ending, or was it just a glitch?

Ninthly, Why the fuck did Lun have to keep us guessing so much? He needs to come down here and explain some stuff, I can't stand all this guesswork.

Tenthly, don't assume I'm over and done with this, I have plenty more questions, I just can't rationalize any of them right now.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:10 pm

Forerunner wrote:Ok, I know this topic is dead a while, and I know I'm about to sound completely clueless, so I'm just gonna post my questions about the endings right here.
(Although, you should know that I have no idea what the swords names are and who wields which, you guys have so many theories and you jump around like mad.)

First off, How many endings are there? I've found three, the Lexus ending, the Reaches/pits ending, and the 'normal' ending (where Traziun kills himself/the sword/the PS).

Those are the three. There are a few variations of the normal ending depending on your relationship with Kloe.

Secondly, this is about the Reaches ending. I don't understand at all, wtf is going on? I remember hearing something about how the evil under the tower was even greater than the evil in the tower, but those 2 hard bosses had nothing explained about them, and even less about why the fuck Rhue ended up falling through the reaches, into like nothingness or whatever it was, and what happend there made little or no sense. It was very nonsequential. I get that 'Rhue' died though. I can't help wondering what any of that ending had to do with why Rhue and the PS had the little argument about people changing and then Rhue said "I don't care, I just want someone who won't stop trying, and I won't stop trying either." or something along those lines.
Like I said, very nonsequential.

The reaches ending is the bizzare metaphorical/philsophical ending. The PS is shown killing off all the girls who tried to distract Rhue from his journey. Then some other stuff happens and... yeah, it's weird.

Thirdly, How cool was Rhue in the Lexus ending? I mean the whole "I have no end" thing was pure awesome. I'd like to have it in my sig, but it would be a spoiler thing I guess.
It did seem a bit evil though, I thought the Lexus ending would be happy.

Rhue was Neo cool. I guess this can either be a good or bad ending, depending on how you see it.

Fourthly, The sword on the mountain is in all endings... in the Lexus ending I would have thought it was the shadow sword that Rhue uses through out the Way, but then in the normal ending it couldn't be because that sword was destroyed, and I guess you could link it to being Rhues sword in the Reaches ending... somehow...

It seems most likely to be Traziun's sword. He left it on the mountain for whatever reason. It has the same sprite too, which so far has proven a reliable indicator of what swords are what.

Fifthly, if Serena is the PS, and the PS is the shadowy dude, then unless Serena was part of some elaborate scheme to be a weapon of justice while she was alive, how come she keeps going on about it?
Obviously Gaius wasn't controlling her/it so who was she the 'ultimate weapon of justice' for anyway?

The PS isn't Serena. Serena (by all accounts) died during the Landorin massacre. We don't know what its agenda was, but it seems most likely it was "a tool of Tetzel" as Sacrifa put it in E5. It has to do with what I think are the opposing ideas of justice between the Guided and Blood Lyn. Rhue is Tetzel's perfect blade, Gaius is Kalmar... etc.

Sixthly, isn't the sword on the ledge Lyrras sword that Rhue knocked away ep5?

Lots of people seem to think that, but IMO, all evidence seems to support that it's Traziun's shadow sword.

Seventhly, why did Strata briefly appear and then just as silently vanish without doing anything, was there any relevance to anything at all?

Honestly? What COULD he have done? He just watched people appearing and dissapearing, and a man kill himself on another man's sword (breaking the sword). I guess he decided to not take any actions.

Eighthy, why is Cestas body not there in the Lexus ending, or was it just a glitch?

It's definitely not a glitch... Nobody knows for sure why.

Ninthly, Why the fuck did Lun have to keep us guessing so much? He needs to come down here and explain some stuff, I can't stand all this guesswork.

1. He's a good story teller.
2. He's going to tell more of the story in due time. Notice how is says "The beginning"
3. He dislikes the concept of a deus ex machina.
4. To piss you off.
5. The whole "allegory of the phantom's painting" thingy, how The Phantom (Lun) sees it's creation more beautiful when the centerpiece is missing, yet everyone else (Rhue) wants to see it completed, yet it ruins it in the Phantom's eyes. Lun is probably much more deep of an individual than any of us will ever grasp.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby hpmons » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:07 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:Lun is probably much more deep of an individual than any of us will ever grasp.

Hmm...He sounds quite like a transcendent God. I think I could start a religion revolving around Lun...

There is a deleted scene with Gaius and Strata...I dont know what Lun wanted to do with that...
hpmons
Wanderer

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:52 pm

hpmons wrote:
EmperorJeramyu wrote:Lun is probably much more deep of an individual than any of us will ever grasp.

Hmm...He sounds quite like a transcendent God. I think I could start a religion revolving around Lun...

You mean this isn't a Lun-Worshipping cult already?

YOU TRICKED ME JERA!
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Jasonflare » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:12 pm

Telephalsion wrote:
hpmons wrote:

You mean this isn't a Lun-Worshipping cult already?

YOU TRICKED ME JERA!

This better not end with "Have my children" comments. 8)
OMG,Image
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:05 pm

I think I liked the Lexus ending the most, especially how Rhue went all "Neo cool". Really awesome.

I like how it's like good and bad, because in the 'real' world of the Way (not 'Dream' Estrana) Rhue is still alive and he has the sword and he's still angry and psychotic, so he could go all Agent Smith on us. (Oh and this means the PS is still around right?)

But it's good because in Rhue's head and 'Dream' Estrana, Rhue is living his happily ever after.
Although, he still knows that his true identity can't be Rhue or he must have doubts at least, so maybe not as happily ever after as it seems. (Still happier than the Traziun ending, but the Traziun ending is more... 'wholesome' or complete.)

Hey Wait! Since Rhue has the shadow sword, and it seems most likely he's living somewhere secluded, away from people so that they don't interupt him during his life with Lexus, that means he'll live forever because he isn't killing anybody. Living forever in his little fantasy world with his true love, how weird is that?

EDIT: Hehe, Rhus can fly, he's so awesome, I'll never get over this.

EDIT: Yeah, any one person who could come up with something so intense and awesome as the Way must be like a transendant God or something.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:10 pm

Sixthly, isn't the sword on the ledge Lyrras sword that Rhue knocked away ep5?

Lots of people seem to think that, but IMO, all evidence seems to support that it's Traziun's shadow sword

Whats all the evidence? I can see it both ways, if its the ghost horror then its up there because Rhue knowcked it up there, and the blood is Lyrra's. If its the night reaper then its there because Traziun stuck it there, but it doesnt offer any explanation on the blood. As I see it the evidence is slighty in favor of Ghost Horror, but it could still be either one.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion