Alternate endings (BRANCHED SPOILERS)

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:26 pm

Well, Traziun HAD just killled like 19 blood lyn and his father... I assume there might have been some blood left. That, and the sprite is the same. I don't see why Lun would've switched sprites, especially when the sword at the end of the credits has the same sprite as Ghost Horror. That, and I don't think he would've brought his shadow sword with him to confront Rhue and Gauis. It just doesn't seem too smart. And Traziun seems smart.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Imoto » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:06 am

Uh...

I would have thought someone would have corrected them on the Lexus ending interpretation.

Rhue/Jeruh as the dominant aura didn't have enough control of the auras present within the sword to be able to pull shit off like flying. The thing with Rhue staying in the sword with Lexus isn't Rhue as the Chimera of auras as we know him staying in the sword, it's just the Jeruh/Rhue aura, developed throughout the game. In that sense, he's not living a lie, as he's just an aura too.

However, Rhue/Jeruh doesn't have his binding goal anymore, he doesn't have that huge desire to find Serena and run around the way murdering things to get what he wants, so the next most determined aura took precedence, and this one seems to have been a pretty badass one. The whole "I have no end" line makes it seem like this is the person who the red-haired woman tells you found a way to live forever with the shadow sword, without being eventually completely engulfed by it.

The most common theories seem to be Venge, Mimic, and/or Kura as the aura that pops up.

Also, if Cetsa was dead, she would have been in your sword, and she would have had her corpse left where you found her.

She probably crawled off or got picked up by Strata or something.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:34 am

Oh... well after thinking that 'Rhue' was like superman or something that revelation is somewhat anti-climactic.

...I wonder if Rhue still as strong as he was at the end of ep6, I guess not since he's just an aura now...
Well I know he's with Lexus, but living for eternity in 'Dream' Estrana seems so goddamn boring, but Rhue and Lexus won't notice it will they.

Well if the whole thing with Jeruh is over, then will the Tower still have that big aura? I assume it will, but who will be in the top room now I wonder?
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby fwacho » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:16 pm

Forerunner wrote:Oh... well after thinking that 'Rhue' was like superman or something that revelation is somewhat anti-climactic.

Well if the whole thing with Jeruh is over, then will the Tower still have that big aura? I assume it will, but who will be in the top room now I wonder?

Great question, There is another name for Dream Estrana that Lun and I used in development that would shed a lot of light. althoguh I need his permission to reveal it. I do believe itwas safe to say we considered a bit of 3d environment for it but it would have beem to graphc heavy to pull off, so dream estrana stayed.

Quikc question about cloning. (if you have ever seen "Mulitplicity" the answer can be found there I beilve) "what happens to a clone over time?" *evil laugh*
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Berserker » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:09 am

Great question, There is another name for Dream Estrana that Lun and I used in development that would shed a lot of light. althoguh I need his permission to reveal it. I do believe itwas safe to say we considered a bit of 3d environment for it but it would have beem to graphc heavy to pull off, so dream estrana stayed.

Was that "The Matrix" or something? Someone was talking about "Neo something" some post ago, and Matrix it's the nearest thing to DE I can think of...
So maybe the "Dominant aura" is the aura who refuses to stay in DE? In that case, in the Lexus ending, Rhue/Jeruh decided to stay in DE, losing his role of "dominanta aura"?
"I shouldn't have to live in a world where all good points are horrible ones" (Black mage, 8bit theater)
Berserker
S2 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:22 am

I think Fwacho's purpose is to sow the seeds of discussion and confusion, in order to maintain interest in The Way.

We can probably label everything he says as nothing but distraction.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:55 am

Maybe the alternate title was Janwen. Think about it.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:07 am

I think that somehow, Estrana was built where Jarwen used to be.

Why do I think that? I can't remember...
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby hpmons » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:14 am

Or "The Cave"?
hpmons
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:33 pm

Forerunner wrote:I think that somehow, Estrana was built where Jarwen used to be.

Why do I think that? I can't remember...

Maby because the ruins of Janwen are underneath Estrana?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:36 pm

I think that may just be the result of the mishmashing that happens inside the sword. For instance, Kavax never lived in Estrana, nor did he know any of the people he knows inside the sword. The same could be true for Janwen.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:08 pm

Exept that Sacrifa already confirmed that the lost city was located under Estrana in the real world.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:16 am

Oh, when? I don't remember that at all, but it makes sense.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:53 am

It is when Rhue and Midian first meet him in the Altair Manor.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Alundra » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:45 pm

about the altair mansion... and that crazy clown that lives in it...
WHAT IN FLAMIN' JANWENS NAME WAS THAT ABOUT?
suddenly there's this rich ass family that owns a huge mansion and it's haunted by a wicked lil girl that turns into a phantasm joker...

Same goes for the black shoals something big happened there supposedly and the only proof of that is the ending in the pits, cuz they all appear in the shoals then...

I'm getting tired of this mind game... Lun's prolly outlined about 20 full pages of story and the thing we played were prolly 10 lines from those pages added with a lot of things he and fwacho liked a lot when trying to mess with our heads.
This ultimately leads to a story that's gone way beyond what they originally wanted to tell.
At the completion of episode 6, the world they created in those 20 pages had grown beyond control aswell as it's prolly a 40 pages worth of story right now... I'm so certain it's just too much to tell all of us in just one videogame, and none of them still knows how things truly are in the end.
Lun's working on the story without even telling fwacho all of the details...
I'm like that too, and the whole thing I just stated is because I'm in that exact situation with my own game right now... My advise to Lun: Stop dreaming of things too big, and finish the whole thing before you end up dissapointed. By finish I mean write down the whole thing, stop walking around with just in your head. You've got hundreds of fans... Write it down in a novel and become a bestseller! IF that book indeed becomes a bestseller, you could start with a major movie, I mean why settle with a crappy short-series...?! A multimillion dollar production is more worthy of a story like yours! But then again that's my opinion... I'm gonna work on my game some more now!
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion