Rhue's personality in Episode 6

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sling » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm

JLAF wrote:I disagree. Drink is fairly removable from the plot. I'd say he's even easier than Kloe, who was originally only going to show up in Liad (I know I spelled that wrong... deal with it...).
And yes, is a type of dagger.

You noticed you mispelled Lide but you didn't notice that you mispelled Dirk?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby JLAF » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:47 pm

How did I do that? I know how to spell dirk! And "n" isn't even next to d, i, r, or k (K is close though). Weird... Anyway, I guess I'll go fix those.
I'm not giving you my signature!
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:47 pm

JLAF wrote:
fwacho wrote:
Angel_OA wrote:Maybe the backstory to some of the unexplained characters like Dirk.

Dirk has a sweet backstory. In fact, I believe the next "The Way" related thing would be somethign to do with that. Let's just say A LOT of brain storming has been done that direction. P.S. dirk has changed alot over the years. I hope that's not too much.... delete this if you must Lun.
Dirk changed eh? Yeah, it seemed like it was origonaly wirtten in as a little side charecter, then given a bigger part later on, so I can see that.

I thought the change he was reffering to was that the Dirk was alot different when he was younger (which said Way project would be about) then he is now.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby JLAF » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:30 pm

Oh, that makes more sense actualy. Although, it could be both real and game time.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Angel_OA » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:02 am

I interpretted it the same way as Sage, so I was thinking, maybe Dirk lived up to his name in the old days. Heh.
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:21 pm

JLAF, looks like you're outnumbered. I also thought what Sage did. (Well, not the exact same though and wording and all. After all, I though can't be two places at once, can it? But you get the picture.)

Aneeewaayy...

If Dirk has changed from the past, that means he won't be as funny in the backstory. Probably more hardcore and less funny. I'm not sure which I might like better.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby JLAF » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:33 pm

Yeah, but Dirk was comic relief in the last game. If the game character is comic relief then the game is either a comedy or really boring.

PS. I'm always out outnumbered :roll:
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:16 pm

JLAF wrote:PS. I'm always out outnumbered :roll:

If people need to be told this then you have already won.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Angel_OA » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:57 am

JLAF wrote:Yeah, but Dirk was comic relief in the last game. If the game character is comic relief then the game is either a comedy or really boring.

Er...The Way was neither of these.

Dirk is very wise, probably almost as wise as Traziun. I think people are confusing his cheeky sense of humour with idiocy. I'm sure he's had his fair share of troubles, which make him what he is today. Also he's getting old so he's probably a lot 'simpler' than he used to be (e.g. When he wated for Kloe for 10 minutes in burning Estrana).
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Lumino » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:05 am

Dirk is my favorite character in The Way. I don't know why, but he is just so awesome. I can't help but laugh whenever he is around.
Lumino
Plyn

Previous

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion