Rhue's personality in Episode 6

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Rhue's personality in Episode 6

Postby Dr. Casey » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:45 pm

I noticed that he wore the balanced, indifferent expression a lot more than he did in Episode 5, and didn't use the bitter expression that he's been growing so fond of since late E2 as much (Which is surprising, because he always used that expression more and more in each consecutive episode). I know that's not the only way to judge his character, though... so, generally speaking, do you think Rhue's overall mindset and personality were darker than in E5, was it about the same, or did he lighten up?
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:59 pm

Well he doesn't have so many personalities stuffed in his head in chapter 6, since he's technically inside of it already.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Re: Rhue's personality in Episode 6

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:01 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:I noticed that he wore the balanced, indifferent expression a lot more than he did in Episode 5, and didn't use the bitter expression that he's been growing so fond of since late E2 as much (Which is surprising, because he always used that expression more and more in each consecutive episode). I know that's not the only way to judge his character, though... so, generally speaking, do you think Rhue's overall mindset and personality were darker than in E5, was it about the same, or did he lighten up?

Well he's searching for answers and he's getting them, I don't think he has time to be bitter because he's getting the truth slowly
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby Aegis » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:34 pm

Yeah, I noticed that he's a lot less bitter and angry in this one than he has been.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby Asra » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:11 pm

Its because Rhue is back in his element: A deranged world which traps Auras in it like nobodies business.

Seriously though, I think he might have had some degree of "What the hell is going on?" when he started first discovering the people he killed living there. He was probably more confused untill everything started weighing down on him.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:36 pm

There was that part when he was attacking Icabod...
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:29 am

but thats a fat arrogant talking tub of lard, I can attack that shit any day
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:06 pm

I'm bumping this because I think Rhue's a fun character to analyze.
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby JLAF » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:28 pm

I'd say it was because he didn't have all the personalities inside him too, but if he's Venge, wouldn't he still be bitter?
One thing I never understood is why the lord below saves Rhue in E5 if he is Venge, whom the lord below probably wouldn't like after being attacked. But that assumes like 3 things are true.
I'm not giving you my signature!
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Asra » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:12 am

Well technically "Rhue" went into the Dream Estrana, an aura made by Jeruh, not Venge.

In Episode Five it really depends on whether or not you believe the Lord Below saved him. The monsters were still attacking him, and Sacrifa WAS the one who summoned the demons. It depends on whether or not the Lord Below can see everything beyond him, or whether hes just some really powerful being. He might not have known Venge was up in Estrana.

Also, Rhue wasn't the only survivor from the attack. It seems to have been indiscriminate, what with the varied number of survivors. I mean, a Paradan managed to not immediately get killed. I think Rhue has a pretty good chance of surviving the city's destruction if a Pacifist could.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby JLAF » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:40 pm

I don't think you understand why I think the lord below saved Rhue. It's one line that's bugged me for ages.
Sacrifa: The Lord Below is eager to answer me... too eager.
TOO eager you say? Sacrifa been talking to the lord below for a LONG time now, he should have a good perception of what's TOO eager. On top of that, they're been talking for a long time and all Sacrifa's gotten was a messenger. This all happening while Rhue, who has a good chance of being Venge, the lord below's son, is about to be killed by Slade? This seems like more than cowincedence to me.
I was bugged by that quote for a long time, and this is the conclusion I came up with: The lord below saved Rhue to save his son.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Angel_OA » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:49 am

Ah. So it wasn't a coincidence that Rhue was saved from Slade.
But it was a coincidence that Sacrifa was trying to summon the lord below? Is that what you mean, JLAF?
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby JLAF » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:48 pm

It could be. The ord below might have need a little bost from Sacrifa. However, if Rhue wasn't in troble, I think the lord below's responce would have been something like "Shut up, your annoying." That's what I'm saying.
However, the guided said that the skin of Sacrifa's wife originated from the lord below. Perhaps he had known something like this would happen and actualy did giver her the disease. Not sure how he would see it all comming though unless he was the purpose. Thought he might be like the shadow swords and be the purpose after being corrupted, or maybe just have all the powers of the purpose. Hummm.... Too many variables, I won't go any further than that.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Bryjnar » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:34 am

Perhaps the creatures simply recognised Rhue as "one of their own" and were reluctant to attack him. If he lacks a soul, that might also make them uninterested in him.
Bryjnar
Plyn

Postby JLAF » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:29 pm

Errr... They DID attack Rhue. It's just the fact that they poped up at all saved Rhue from slade. The lord below probably knew Rhue wouldn't get killed by those lowly monsters.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion