Rhue killed Midian before he killed Jeruh

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Impossible » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:40 pm

Impossible, you may have style, but constantly flaming the creator and his brother aren't getting you anywhere.

How was I insulting anyone then?

If Jeruh had a Shadow Sword, that could be why Gaius was interested in him, like he was with Rhue. (Not that we can ever know for certain.)
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Thanatos » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:49 pm

You know, Gaius doesn't quite have to be hunting a Shadow Sword. We can somewhat safely guess that Gaius is the Harbringer, and as such, hunting murderers is just what he does. Jeruh was responsible for a very well known massacre. Shadow Sword or no, Gaius would've been hunting Jeruh.

It's quite possible that Gaius and Rhue (with Midian's aura), met up at one point (as it does seem to be a common circumstance on the Way), and decided to help eachother in the hunt for this murderer. Both wanted to see him brought to their... 'particular' kind of justice.

In other words... Gaius involvement in that chase really shouldn't be all *that* great of a mystery, when you think about it.
Thanatos
Wanderer

Postby Elachim » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:31 pm

It didn't seem to me like Gaius was "helping" the Mimic (Midian at that time) hunt down Jeruh. It looked to me like they were both chasing him independantly, but the Mimic was faster. When, in E2, Gaius says that he and Rhue killed someone together, I assumed that he was just phrasing it conveniently - he didn't have a part in the actually killing, but he got rid of the body Anyway, my point is tat Gaius seemed to be competing with the Mimic to reah Jeruh, not helping him.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:15 pm

Well, they definatly seemed to know eachother, and Gaius didnt seem to mind that Rhue killed him first, so i dont think it would exactly be competing. Its probably comparable to how Rhue and Midian meet up in dream Estrana, both people have the same destination, so they just stayed together.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:53 pm

I kind of agree with Elachim. I think competition is the wrong phrasing, but I don't think they were working together. I think they were both trying to kill him. Midian killed Jeruh first, but why would Gaius be mad, his job is to hunt killers, the killer was hunted, so his job was done. I didn't get the impression that they knew eachother, they were very far apart in the flashback and didn't speak to eachother or interact really.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:11 pm

They dont speak alot to eachother, but that doesnt meen they dont know eachother. First off, if they didnt know eachother, wouldn't Rhue ask who Gaius was and what he was doing there. Instead Gaius asks if hes allright, then says he'll bury the body. I'm not saying the were good buddies or anything, but they've met.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:09 pm

Well Rhue was a little messed up at the time considering what just happend.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:21 am

well said. okay you've got one key, try it in a few more locks and see what else you find.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Chaos Rider » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:59 pm

Well, I do have an opinon that I don't believe was never really shared. (I don't think, anyways.)

Seeing as Scatha knew Rhue before he was, Well, Rhue, I always assumed that Rhue was the one that fooled around with Chasta in one of his past lives. Perhaps Midian's.
Anybody else figure this?
Chaos Rider
Wanderer

Postby Xusa » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:59 pm

Huh, that's pretty much what I thought too. Seeing that she chews him out when he was searching for Serena and is always looking at him--and also feels flattered when he compliments on her pretty blonde hair. That might have reminded her something that 'he' said a long time ago. Though it might just be something she would get normally flattered about.
Xusa
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:10 pm

But why would she assume he was dead?
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Chaos Rider » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:19 pm

Maybe because after he fooled around with Chasta, he killed somebody else, and simply disappeared out of her life, so she assumed that he had died. And just because she said, "So he's still alive..." Doesn't mean she thought he was dead, you know.
Chaos Rider
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:15 pm

Its just not somthing you would say if you didnt really have a reason to think they were dead. And I dont think dissapearign would be a good reason to assume hes dead. Though there could be any number of things that happend that we dont knwo about. Or that fact I'm sure Scatha wishes he was dead.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Imoto » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:47 am

It's a safe bet that if someone vanishes without a trace on the way, they're probably dead.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:47 am

and why is that?
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion