Who is your favorite female character post e6

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Who is your favorite female character post e6

The Girl
3%
Kloe
34%
Scatha
23%
Cetsa
7%
Lexus
18%
Sorya
4%
Fallow
3%
Dana
No votes
Sacrifa's wife (old woman with birds)
No votes
Lyrra
8%

Total votes : 71

Postby JJK » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:06 pm

I'm going with Fallow. Though I don't know who the hell this person is the name reminds me of the song "Follow Me". :D
"Oh well," McWatt would sing, "what the hell."
JJK
Wanderer

Postby Dr. Casey » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:21 pm

Is Fallow the red-haired thief chick Rhue meets at the party?
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:42 am

The answer is yes.

And voting for a character based on a song they remind you about would be like me stumbling into the forums never having played the Way and voting for Lexus because I've always wanted a luxury automobile.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:07 pm

Wellsy630 wrote:The answer is yes.

And voting for a character based on a song they remind you about would be like me stumbling into the forums never having played the Way and voting for Lexus because I've always wanted a luxury automobile.

Ironicly enough, that pretty much somes up Doovy&Co.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Lumino » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:58 am

Kloe for the win. I dunno why, but I really liked her. First time through the game I hated her in Episode Two and Three. But in number 4 and on, I really started to like her. So I stuck with her in 6.
Lumino
Plyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:22 am

Dr. Casey wrote:Is Fallow the red-haired thief chick Rhue meets at the party?

No, Fallow is the black haired prostitute that Rhue meets at the party.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby PseudoFlare » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:26 pm

I'm really surprised that Serena isn't listed in the choice; I mean, the whole f*cking game is all about her!!!

It doesn't take an avatar like portrait to know others.

Anyway if Serena has been listed in the choice, I'd never vote for her anyways, and I guess that the pendant started the whole Landorin Massacre crap but then again, what the hell?
PseudoFlare
Plyn

Location: A really short way, just left of your street 3 blocks ahead.

Postby Wellsy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:19 am

I don't think Serena ought to be considered a character for this poll. Her past actions influenced present events, yes, but she has absolutely no interaction with characters in the plot. For the purposes of the story she exists only as Rhue's memories, not as a living breathing character who makes choices that affect the plot as it unfolds.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:12 pm

Wellsy630 wrote:I don't think Serena ought to be considered a character for this poll. Her past actions influenced present events, yes, but she has absolutely no interaction with characters in the plot. For the purposes of the story she exists only as Rhue's memories, not as a living breathing character who makes choices that affect the plot as it unfolds.
I agree, Serena does not appear at all in the main story apart from in Rhue's memories, so yeah.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:42 pm

Serena is an avatar, an ideal, a concept, the whole story is about Rhue searching for her, the real world Serena is not really Serena, just the source of the real one within Rhue's twisted mind.

Serena is Rhue's Anima, and like most Animas that are spoken of, she is not real. Yet we learn much of her unreal self, she is part of the main cast even if she does not get a single line in the entire game.

Just look at the final conversation in the true ending (AKA the Reaches ending) "People don't change" "Some try!" "All fail" "I don't care! I just want to find someone that won't stop trying . . And I won't stop either!"

Rhue is speaking of his one true drive, to find Serena, even now when he already knows she is not real in the full meaning of the word, he shall keep searching for her, and one day, he may indeed find his Serena, even if that is not the real one.

I'd definitely vote for Serena, given the chance.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:58 am

Good points, but you said so yourself, she is an ideal, a concept, and a very important one to the plot, no doubt. But I still would not consider her a character since she doesn't make choices in the story or evolve as a result of those choices, and for the fact that she doesn't exist in the "present" in the story at all. Key word is "evolve" as pretty much everyone in the poll is affected and changed in some way mentally and emotionally by what happens.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:12 am

Serena is part of Rhue, and if you consider Rhue a character, the same applies to Serena.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:58 pm

Any reason the Reaches ending is all of a sudden the 'true' ending?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:52 pm

Because the other ones sucked and made me feel dead inside, they were good for revealing more puzzle pieces but they seemed far too mainstream for Lun to actually use them as a endings.
I believe the main reason there are more then two true endings (Lexus and reaches) is the fact that the Lexus ending was supposed to be the hidden one and the reaches the default one, but as you have seen, most people fail to grasp the greatness of the Reaches ending and to actually look at it metaphorically, So Lun made the third, now default, ending to fit a more mainstream audience in an already Hardcore episode.

'Sides, the harder to get, the closer to god, RPG rule.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:51 pm

'Sides, the harder to get, the closer to god, RPG rule.

I'm quite certain it was 'The Higher The Hair, The Closer To God'.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion