Was the Pharaphalyn supposed to be that easy?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Was the Pharaphalyn supposed to be that easy?

Postby Sling » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:54 am

Yeah, I've just beaten the Pharaphalyn and it
was piss easy. After a couple of passes I used
the "Crestfallen" Step 5 Bladeart and did 136
damage to him and beat him. Was the Pharaphalyn
a big wuss or did I improve Rhue at the Plunge
too much?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Spyke10k » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:34 am

Guess you were just too much for him. Maybe Lun should have made it almost impossible to beat him unless you get most if not all the notch items for the plunge. However that could irritate people.
Spyke10k
Plyn

Postby Kyle » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:04 am

I couldn't beat him, but I can't say that I've tried more than 20 times or so. Try him again and see if you get lucky again. Crestfallen + correct choice + critical + risk attack made by opponent = death to any opponent.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Swicord » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:44 pm

Try putting the Double Plug blade art on your strongest link attack, and use it as much as possible.
Swicord
Wanderer

Postby Terra » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:27 pm

Hm... I wish he had been harder, but as he stood he was still pretty difficult. But then again, he lasted a whole 6 passes against me, on which he could have killed me at ANY time. If I chose the wrong attack and one of us risked, it was over.

Anyways though, I wish he had been more difficult yeah, but primarily I wish there were more plunges after him in order to experiment with your Pharaphalyn powers... I only saw the Critical Finisher once, and that was on the Healing Shadow Plunger (it was awesome by the way).
Terra
Plyn

Postby loke204 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:36 pm

If you guys wanna be cheap,link ender with your highest link attack, and if your lucky, youll deal 999 damage.
Thats how i did it
first cross, too!
loke204
Plyn

Postby Snowy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:27 am

Heh, yeah, that's how I smacked away the Shadow Plungers - each and every single one - with the first three in the first pass, too.
But the guy's too strong for me - I've got barely 80% on each of the links, Plunge about 21 or so, 60 DT and lack Fenshu and Lanner (not that important, but I know they're damn useful).

But, oh well. It's a tiny subquest... you just need whatever reward you get to get more stats to face the Pits ending boss.
Snowy
Plyn

Postby tgk » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:53 pm

Yea, I did wish that Kava could have more HP and a higher DT. He should out class you by at least a little bit.

The way I beat him is by abusing Fenshu, Venshu. The trick is to go for a finisher before he does, and have a very high DT yourself.
tgk
Wanderer

Postby Asra » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:28 am

I actually beat him in my first move. :cry: Got a stage 4 injury.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby notsoinsaneguy » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:23 pm

I beat him without having killed any of the shadow plungers an getting their blade arts first. It was really easy IMO. Not to mention that having the paraphalyn finisher made sweeping up the shadow plungers quite a breeze.
notsoinsaneguy
Plyn

Postby Cryora » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:38 pm

Lol I still can't beat Kygar. Is it possible to beat all the arena dudes right after the dinner party? Or do you have to progress more in the main quest and become stronger?
Cryora
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:41 pm

You can if your strong enough, but it might be worth training some.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Locke » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:37 am

I found the arena dudes pretty easy, except the second to last guy, I beat him though but it was a
;Weak win' and I didnt get the blade art, I loaded and beat him again and got one, why did that happen? is that a draw or somthing?
Locke
Locke
Plyn

Postby Forerunner » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:06 am

Grrrrrr....
I havn't gotten a chance to the Finisher or Critical Finisher when you're the Pharaphalyn.
Because I'd beaten all the shadow plungers already, and everyone after that was easy to beat.
In fact, I didn't even get a chance to use my finisher on Kavax, he was too easy.

And I only ever used that thing with ender once, and that was to beat the healing shadow plunger. That bitch just wouldn't die any other way.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:47 pm

Locke wrote:I found the arena dudes pretty easy, except the second to last guy, I beat him though but it was a
;Weak win' and I didnt get the blade art, I loaded and beat him again and got one, why did that happen? is that a draw or somthing?

Yeah, thats a draw.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion