2 Landorin massacres, 2 Serenas or what?!

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

2 Landorin massacres, 2 Serenas or what?!

Postby Dronoom » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:19 pm

I can't find the answer in other topics so i have to make this one. (i have a very bad english so it's hard to explain what i will mean)

Please, somebody explain me why the place where Rhue remebers running away from 'wolves' and where he remembers Serena be knocked into the river is different to the place from the 'true story'(the story told at the top of the tower with the Jeruh in the end of ep6) where Rhue came, and killed Serena. I noticed, that it's the different place... Yeah, there's a river too, but the background is different. :!: There isn't even any rain or storm i think(maybe i'm mistaken)...
And Rhue says:"And if it's not Landorin, why do i remeber this place?"... Yeah, that place where he came with Gaius in the end of ep5 and where he awakens in the one of the endings in ep6 IS the place of his memories, but it's not tje place where Jeruh kill Serena and Midian falls into the river...

2wo different Landorin massacres? Whoa... I'm tired of thinking, maybe i'm to stupid to play a game in English maybe i got something wrong. :?

/Sorry,i feell i've written this in very long complicated phrases/
Dronoom
Wanderer

Re: 2 Landorin massacres, 2 Serenas or what?!

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:29 pm

Dronoom wrote:I can't find the answer in other topics so i have to make this one. (i have a very bad english so it's hard to explain what i will mean)

Please, somebody explain me why the place where Rhue remebers running away from 'wolves' and where he remembers Serena be knocked into the river is different to the place from the 'true story'(the story told at the top of the tower with the Jeruh in the end of ep6) where Rhue came, and killed Serena. I noticed, that it's the different place... Yeah, there's a river too, but the background is different. :!: There isn't even any rain or storm i think(maybe i'm mistaken)...

Those are all Jeruh's fabricated memories to convince himself he didn't kill everyone. Passed on to "Rhue", when Rhue killed him.

And Rhue says:"And if it's not Landorin, why do i remeber this place?"... Yeah, that place where he came with Gaius in the end of ep5 and where he awakens in the one of the endings in ep6 IS the place of his memories, but it's not tje place where Jeruh kill Serena and Midian falls into the river...

Although that's not a question, that is an interesting mystery. I guess it would sorta make sense if you consider The Way as cyclical. If Rhue has really been around for a long time, he could've wandered past that area multiple times in his past lives. Though that wouldn't give a clear-cut explanation as of to why he replaced Landorin with that in his memories...
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Kyle » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:58 pm

That is INDEED very myseterious and I never really thought about it before... I think this holds quite a bit of relevance, but as with many thing, we'll probably never learn the truth about it.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Swicord » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:15 pm

My thoughts are that the world is round, and people are always travelling around it. They just don't know that it is so because of the Rolling Mists which keep them in one general area at a time.

Maybe it takes 500 years or so for people on foot to make an entire trip around, which would be why nobody really knows that the world is round. Except for Rhue, who has been around it before in all his past "lives".

So perhaps something did happen at the Episode 5/6 point, that retains some relevance to Rhue, although he isn't consciously aware of what the significance actually is. It's just one of those memories that got sloshed together with all of his other combined schizo memories.
Swicord
Wanderer

Postby Poenaensis » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:36 pm

Swicord wrote:My thoughts are that the world is round, and people are always travelling around it. They just don't know that it is so because of the Rolling Mists which keep them in one general area at a time.

Maybe it takes 500 years or so for people on foot to make an entire trip around, which would be why nobody really knows that the world is round. Except for Rhue, who has been around it before in all his past "lives".

So perhaps something did happen at the Episode 5/6 point, that retains some relevance to Rhue, although he isn't consciously aware of what the significance actually is. It's just one of those memories that got sloshed together with all of his other combined schizo memories.

This is exactly what I think. Anyone got a better theory? Fwacho's already said that the way is not time-cyclical.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Kyle » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:21 pm

BUt then why portray it in his dreams constantly? It must have been a very very important place for that. Seems weird that we don't get any answer to this. "Just another memory" sounds so unplanned like, nothing like Lun would do... But after the unsatisfying ending I won't be surprised by anything anymore.

The forest in which he and Serena run before arriving to the place COULD be the place where all the guided were killed in the story of Kura and Kava, but again, no way to ever be sure.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:46 pm

I think it has to be significant in the memory of "Rhue", maybe having something to do with Kura or one of his previous dominant auras - remember, that was the End of the Way, where Rhue has evidently been before...
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Asra » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:22 pm

Technically Kyle, Rhue never even knew Serena, and that entire memory was just falsified by crazy Jeruh. Whatever/Whoever Rhue is, he probably had nothing to do with the massacre other than killing some of the survivors of it. In fact, he killed every child survivor of it.

Lyrra, Midian, and even crazy Jeruh.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Dronoom » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:27 pm

I Meant something different which i CAN'T EXPLAIN and nobody understood me :( Darn...
Dronoom
Wanderer

Postby Aegis » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:29 pm

The thing you have to remember is that Gaius reconsidderes Rhue's existance on the way upon finding that he remembered the place. This leads me to believe that this was no normal place, that something vital to the history of the way occured there. Most likely, it would also be something involving the phantom slasher, because that's how Gaius knew Rhue was the phantom slasher. Could that have been the place where Kura killed Kava, Luma, and all of the Guided? It certainly is a forest. Another possibility is that it had something to do with the lord below and all those Venge things (on a related note, it seems from the poem like Venge was actually the one who left the scar on his father's brow, and that was the reason why he was thrown out of the underworld).
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:46 pm

I agree that the place where that stuff occurs is significant, but I personally disagree with all those theories why. I just think that it deserves more attention than people have been giving it.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion