The Girl is not Serena.

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Thanatos » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:22 pm

And either being warped does not really prove... or disprove for that matter... whether or not "people" are capable of aging in Dream Estrana. I mean, with all that warpedness... Can you really apply an exact rule to it?

Er... point is: Jed's quote is a good reasoning from assuming that people don't age in that fictional fantasyland.
Thanatos
Wanderer

Postby Asra » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:25 pm

Well Thanatos, the generally accepted theory is that auras are souls I thought. So all those people in the sword are actually trapped there untill the owner gets rid of them or destroys himself. Who ever said there even was an afterlife in the way other than being devoured by a shadow sword? 8)

Note that Jopaga also considered an Aura the soul.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:19 am

The generally accepted theory is that auras are produced by the soul through it's connection to the body.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:11 pm

sqpat wrote:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:
1. She knows Rhue. You dont see this girl any other time in the game, however. She was absorbed some time before the game.

Yeah you do, shes in ep5, she explains the teleportation things.

Well, you never see her ALIVE at any time.

That doesnt matter. You based a theory on the fact that the girl said she knew Rhue, and you think that meens that she must be Serena, when what the girl ment was she knew Rhue from ep5 when they met.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby sqpat » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:38 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
sqpat wrote:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:
1. She knows Rhue. You dont see this girl any other time in the game, however. She was absorbed some time before the game.

That doesnt matter. You based a theory on the fact that the girl said she knew Rhue, and you think that meens that she must be Serena, when what the girl ment was she knew Rhue from ep5 when they met.

That disproved what, half of one of my six or seven points? ;P The fact that she was probably absorbed beforehand has got to mean something, no?
sqpat
Wanderer

Postby Jasonflare » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:41 pm

sqpat wrote:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:
sqpat wrote:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:

That disproved what, half of one of my six or seven points? ;P The fact that she was probably absorbed beforehand has got to mean something, no?

Uh, no. You know how much people are in The City, and we have very very little input on their past?
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Victor » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:46 pm

In the reaches ending there is an alternate Landorin Massacre map where instead of dead little boys and girls are Lexus, Cetsa, Lyrra, and The Girl lying dead.

Actually, I'm not sure if that map is used or not. I just got the reaches ending this morning, but I can't remember if I saw it or not. I didn't realize it until I was taking a look around in RM2k.

While I assume that's meant to be symbolic, since neither Lexus nor Cetsa were at the Landorin Massacre, and the sprites seem to be the adult versions, the fact that The Girl is there would mean that she has some significance. Personally, I think it's more proof that she is Serena.

As for an explanation of why Serena's aura would be there even though Jeruh killed her, I have thought of one possibility. Perhaps the sword doesn't retain the auras, it merely attracts them to its wielder. So when "Rhue" killed Jeruh, he ended up absorbing all the auras Jeruh had collected, including Serena's.

We were told that eventually a wielder of a shadow sword goes crazy and kills himself, releasing all the auras. This makes a lot of sense if it's the wielder that holds the auras, as opposed to the sword itself.

If I remember correctly, Rhue also found himself in Dream Estrana when he was separated from his sword.

As a tangent, assuming it's just the opposite, perhaps Traziun by wielding the shadow sword and killing himself caused the sword to release all of its auras.
Victor
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:55 pm

sqpat wrote:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:
sqpat wrote:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:

I disproved your only good point, all the rest didnt prove anything, though I will admit point 5 is pretty good observation.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Previous

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion