The Girl is not Serena.

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The Girl is not Serena.

Postby Imoto » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:06 am

The simple reasons for this are as follows,

1. People don't age in Dream Estrana.

Lyrra was apparently in that castle for years. Rhue is shocked by this, likely because she loks exactly the same, but doesn't dwell on it.

2. The only way for Rhue to have the aura of Serena in dream estrana would be if he absorbed it through Jeruh's sword.

Jeruh's sword likes to kill children.

There are almost no children in Dream Estrana.

If Rhue's sword had absorbed the aura's of Jeruh's sword, DE would be filled with kids.

Thusly, only Jeruh's aura was absorbed, the sword probably flew off somewhere to find a new host.

Serena's aura cannot be in Rhue's sword, because the phantom slasher, whom the sword attempts to make Rhue believe is Serena, and attempts to make in her image, has no face. This is because the sword doesn't have Serena's aura, only Jeruh's messed up mind to generate the image.

The answer to the girl's identity then?

She's nobody. She's just a generic person who you happen to interact with a lot and never hear the name of. She's given a spare face set, and left unnamed specifically to throw you off. In other words, she's a red herring.

Serena is dead as dead gets, in every form, even though she's probably Scatha and Slade's sister, fished out of the river.

Edit: I was just reading through the ending again. Jeruh says he lost his sword but doesn't remember when or where, and shortly after he changed his name to Rhue, sometime after that was when he was killed by "Midian" absorbed by whoever our multiple personality main character is. Since the main character's Shadow Sword doesn't kill children, it has to be a different one then the one that killed Serena.

Serena is nowhere in Dream Estrana.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Asra » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:04 am

Well if you put it that way you have a pretty strong case. It does look like the swords aren't the same, since the PS doesn't like killing children, since theres only two of them whom I counted in the entirety of Dream Estrana. But its still kinda weird that she has a face and the same color hair v_V
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:19 am

Probably the reason she doesn't have a name, she has a face set and all that is just as Imoto put it: she is a red herring. It's just to spark theories, imo.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Jasonflare » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:33 am

Sounds resonable. But I still can't understand Lun's comment.
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Comodo » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:56 am

Another thing.

From one of the conversations, we can se she dosen't know what "Flaming Fires of Janwen" Means.

She but be really ancient for that. Maybe she forgot her own name.
Comodo
Plyn

Postby cursethemountain » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:52 am

maybe by saying "they don't age" they mean they don't age past their prime years (i know i know adelia from the party is like freaking ancient, but maybe if you go past your prime it can't return you to it)
Alan:
Moo cows. Do you like moo
cows? Can you make a moo cow noise?
You know, like...
Mooooooooo!

Alan:
Is there any versimilitude
to the injunction that you are a
corpulent singleton?
cursethemountain
Plyn

Postby Phile » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:01 pm

but if there are absolutely no auras of victims of the Landorin massacre in Dream Estrana, then where do the two little children come from? (I suppose you are speaking of the girl running in circles in front of the concert hall and the boy sleeping in the bed in the room with the weird windows) In this case "Rhue" as the Phantom Slasher must have broken his own rule, not to kill any children, at least two times.
Phile
Plyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:32 pm

Not really, he was in Estrana when it burned. Phantom Slasher could have easily absorbed at least a few children.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:37 am

Exactly, he doesn't need to be the one who kills them. He just needs to be nearby.

Like when Jopaga pushes out that one guys aura at the lab and Rhue jacks it.

It's entirely possible and likely that at some point he would be near a child who happened to die.

Edit: When I say they don't age, I mean they CAN'T age. All the auras in DE are detached from their souls. Only the one attached to Rhue's original soul could, but it can't because it has the Shadow Sword anyway.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Re: The Girl is not Serena.

Postby sqpat » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:14 am

Imoto wrote:The simple reasons for this are as follows,

1. People don't age in Dream Estrana.

Lyrra was apparently in that castle for years. Rhue is shocked by this, likely because she loks exactly the same, but doesn't dwell on it.

Who says people dont age in Dream Estrana..? I didn't notice anything that suggested lyrra had been there for years, at all. The rest of the people there seemed to suggest that the whole Estrana blowing up thing was quite recent.

Imoto wrote:2. The only way for Rhue to have the aura of Serena in dream estrana would be if he absorbed it through Jeruh's sword.

Jeruh's sword likes to kill children.

There are almost no children in Dream Estrana.

If Rhue's sword had absorbed the aura's of Jeruh's sword, DE would be filled with kids.

As for the aura, who can be positive the phantom slasher didnt manage to get it somehow? And who says it hates to kill children...? Or that Jeruh's liked to kill children? If i recall correctly, he didnt pull it out of a couple of kids, but rather, a couple of grown men. I really think its as much up to the owner as the sword itself as to what's preferred.

Remember that Rhue and the Phantom Slasher are not the same. (Talking about its projection, or whatever... the shadow figure) Neither really affects who the other wants to kill. Rhue doesnt kill everyone he meets the way the projection does. Similarly... look at the Landorin scene. The boy wasnt a projection from the sword, or a shadow figure. He was just killing people he was mad at, much in the way that Rhue himself solves his problems.

There were a few children there in Dream Estrana. Shrug. I always though that the hero picked the sword up sometime after jeruh lost it. Or that Jeruh still had it.

Imoto wrote:Serena's aura cannot be in Rhue's sword, because the phantom slasher, whom the sword attempts to make Rhue believe is Serena, and attempts to make in her image, has no face. This is because the sword doesn't have Serena's aura, only Jeruh's messed up mind to generate the image.

... Wha? The phantom slasher NEVER HAD a face. If it did have one in that case that resembled the girl, well, that would just make things waaaaaay too obvious, and that's not exactly Lun's style, anyways.

There are a few reasons why she has to be serena.

1. She knows Rhue. You dont see this girl any other time in the game, however. She was absorbed some time before the game.

2. Again; her name is intentionally left out. There has to be a reason, and that reason was that if the hero just knew flat out that it was Serena, that really would've changed things.

3. "Didn't you know? Her hair color was the same as her sister's.", or whatever that message is. It was already theorized that Serena was Scatha's sister. This message, along with the fact that she's blonde, and that scatha is too, is just too big of a coincidence.

4. I love this picture; it's something you can call IRONY:

You know what Lun was thinking when he wrote that line? "LOL". Yes. He thought "LOL". Now, look at that picture and tell me he didn't mean something by it. This would be another coincidence too big to just mean nothing.

5. She doesnt know what bad words mean. This seems to suggest that she has a childish mind to not have heard the meanings of those kinds of words. She was also kind enough to let Rhue just sit in her house. Maybe this is a bit of #1, too, but she's pretty naive overall like you'd expect out of a kid.

6. I dont recall, but doesnt the ending show Serena with blonde hair, too?

7. If you've done the phantom show sidequest thing and then talk to the phantom thing, you need to find the other piece of the picture.

Consider what he says, in broader terms. He has a picture with a big piece from the middle missing. THE MISSING PIECE IS IN THE GIRL'S HOUSE. Do you get it? I think Lun made it quite obvious.

Some other fun things:

In the right side of the painting at the girl's house, lun has a note saying "A picture is worth a thousand words", when rhue says he doesnt know what the picture is.

Anyways, i really think the phantom deserves more attention than the girl. If the phantom were understood a bit better, it would make the girl be understood better at the same time, i think.
sqpat
Wanderer

Postby Imoto » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:14 am

The phantom is an artistic projection of Lun.

The painting is The Way. Lun like it's incomplete. Rhue is the player. The player instinctively wnats to see it whole.

Also, I said Jeruh's sword likes to kill children because it manipulates Jeruh into doing so. Those other kids at landorin would have been at the most around 13. It likes to kill, and doesn't mind killing children.

Rhue's sword is different. The Phantom Slasher never kills children. The Shadow Sword chooses who it kills while it's in Rhue's hands as well. Rhue is unable to kill innocent beings with it, and it often forces Rhue to fight, like when he strikes the sword under Lide.

The two swords are different. It's quite obvious that Rhue didn't pick up his sword recently (he's had it since he killed Traziun's mom), meaning it would be in his hands at the time Jeruh found the other Shadow Sword. Also, Jeruh LOST his sword shortly after, probably because he didn't suit that particular shadow sword very well. And after that Rhue having absorbed Midian prior by some fashion (he probably just killed him in a plunge or something), finds Jeruh, kills him, and picks up the "rhue" personality.

What I don't understand is why you people cling to Serena so much. She barely even exists in game.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:34 am

Jeruh's sword is probably just a normal sword.

Just because Jeruh said "The sword was screaming for blood" tons of people seem to think, "Hay! It's gotta be a shadow sword." Even fwacho said it was most likely just human nature that caused Jeruh to kill the children. Or atleast i think he said it, oh well.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Re: The Girl is not Serena.

Postby Swicord » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:06 am

sqpat wrote:6. I dont recall, but doesnt the ending show Serena with blonde hair, too?

Interesting question here: On my save file, I said way back in Episode 2 or 3 when it asked me, that Serena had blonde hair. (When it asks you what colour it was). The few times afterwards when it shows Rhue's memory of her, it shows her with the hair colour you picked. If you picked something other than blonde, does that choice change the colour of her hair in the tower scene with Midian and Jeruh, or is it still blonde regardless?
Swicord
Wanderer

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:35 am

It's still blonde.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sling » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:46 am

Every single time I played The Way, Serena's hair
aways turned out to be Red.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion