(spoiler thing) Where is Kura's aura in "the City"

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

(spoiler thing) Where is Kura's aura in "the City"

Postby Phile » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:42 pm

Some people think that Kura is the original aura of Rhue whilst Jeruh has been the dominant one. But I think there are problems with the theory if we believe at the same time that Rhue is "the Mimic".

So if Kura is also but one of many absorbed auras, maybe a dominant aura in former times, but not the original one, Kura's aura would have to be in Dream Estrana. He must not necessarily pop up in Ep.6, because Jed, too, did appear in Ep.5 but not in Ep.6, so I think the absorbed auras are not forced to show themselves to Rhue and can keep their privacy protected if they want.

My favorite for possibly being Kura is the man standing in front of the big windows in the concert hall who saw the Rolling Mists.
I think at first he mentions something interesting about the play, especially Rhue's role. I wonder if this is or is not good evidence, because there is one problem:
Rhue must have killed Kura before he ever got to know Kava, otherwise Kavax would not have identified Rhue as his former companion. This would mean the real Kura never learnt about the story with the witch Luma, the Guided etc. because his body already was dead at that time. On the other hand it's possible that the dominant aura kinda notices what's going on around Rhue.

So the idea is that Rhue/Mimic saw the Rolling Mists when he thought he was Kura, means when Kura's aura was the dominant one. If at that time the Mists were near the ledge at the current end of the Way, that would be an explanation why Rhue bears the ledge in remembrance that strongly (and mixed it up with the Landorin ledge). This would also fit in the fact that the ledge is near a potential place where Kura/Rhue/Mimic might have killed Kava and after him, the Guided (the Mystic Forest).

What are your thoughts on that topic?
Phile
Plyn

Postby Requiem » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:50 pm

Well, you already commented on my topic about who-absorbed-who, so I assume you know my line of thinking.

Really, anyone who isn't specifically named in any part of Dream Estrana could have been anyone at any point in time on The Way.

Heck, some of those important characters from the past could might have just been chillin' behind one of the doors we could never unlock.

Curse Lun and his ambiguity.
Requiem
Plyn

Re: (spoiler thing) Where is Kura's aura in "the City&

Postby Georgeo » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:15 am

Phile wrote:Rhue must have killed Kura before he ever got to know Kava, otherwise Kavax would not have identified Rhue as his former companion. This would mean the real Kura never learnt about the story with the witch Luma, the Guided etc. because his body already was dead at that time.

very true ... which is also why I think that the aura of Kura that's in Dream Estrana is that of the one who died by the sword of Rhue, meaning he has no clue of who Kava is. This is why, in my opinion, he's not important enough to be identified by us, the players.
Georgeo
Wanderer

Postby Antagon » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:41 am

What if Kura is that man we meet at the right tower of the play? He seemed he was a very important person, and I can't think of anyone else he could possibly be.
Antagon
Plyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:06 pm

What about Kleunwrade?
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Antagon » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:09 pm

Wow, that makes way more sense. Ahaha... ^_^;
Antagon
Plyn

Postby Apocalypsis » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:14 pm

Well, perhaps its the Phantom in the concert hall. He seems to have been there for a long time and if you've been in Dream Estrana for perhaps hundreds of years, you're bound to find out a few things about the true nature of the place.

Placing him in the concert hall could be a way to make the connection between him and the play. Also when you buy the painting from him, he talks about making sacrifices for the girl you care about. That could refer to the story about Kava and the priestess. Maybe it's a little farfetched, and there's also the whole theory on the Phantom being Lun, but it kinda makes sense to me...
Apocalypsis
Wanderer

Postby Forerunner » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:59 am

.....And if the Lun is the Phantom, and the Phantom is Kura, and Kura is possibly Rhue's original aura, then Lun is Rhue!

I love it!
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Elachim » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:31 pm

The Phantom tells Rhue that he can't die in dream Estrana 'cos he's "not really there." That would mean the Phantom did not die by Rhue's blade and thusly that he is not Kura. And I always thought that the Phantom was supposed to be Kleunwrade - what with all the art and mad creative genius and stuff.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:06 am

Elachim wrote:The Phantom tells Rhue that he can't die in dream Estrana 'cos he's "not really there." That would mean the Phantom did not die by Rhue's blade and thusly that he is not Kura. And I always thought that the Phantom was supposed to be Kleunwrade - what with all the art and mad creative genius and stuff.

whose to say he wasn't?
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion