A time And A place

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

A time And A place

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:32 am

I remember Rhue saying that the time and the place in the Lexus ending was perfect. Ok so those whom I complained with are right. Rhue is better off with Lexus I think. And this is obviously what was meant because of Fwacho's cryptic and leading comment on the 'real ending' and the song a time and a place.

I think thats really all he ever wanted, he wanted to find a time and a place (peace as he said in the beginning) and that was with Serena. Though of course Serena being murdered (and a young slut XD) and taking upon the life of someone's lie and agony I think he deserves this. For him it is the part of him he's been looking for. The light in the darkness of his never ending conflict. The way for him was pretty much a lie much to my speculation and DE was his home away from home. It maybe wrong in some ways but if his ultimate purpose in his life is to find his supreme happiness so be it.

And as said by someone else in one of the topics that started to regain some memory of his original aura? well I don't think so. if I remember correctly they said that he was going to do something with the illuminatis or something of revenge...I don't remember but I disagree. By the song and the way he looked, it seemed more like a firm sense of self and determination.

"I have no end." I think he means I will not be extinguished, I will remain forever.

It's more like now he has everything in place for his life that he has always wanted he refuses to let someone like Gaius kill him. He transcends every threshold and battle he has faced. His will cannot be destroyed. He has come out victorious. And as you know end can also mean failure. And Rhue knows he has not failed.

he has overcome the lies and perhaps overcome the will of the way if not being too farfetched.

also I don't think it leaves too much unanswered. We could have easily assumed that rhue must've killed jeruh along the way since we already have said the DE is the manisfestation of the shadow sword and the aura's absorbed in it.

And a plus Traziun doesn't die :D
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby brigas » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:16 am

And to all people that said that ending is bad because lexus is not real...
Consider that Rhue is no less of an aura than lexus is.
They both are equal auras, inside the Phantom Slasher.
I think the phrase '' I have no end'' was said by the mimic, he awakened and rhues aura stayed inside the sword, being dominant no more.

Rhue of landorin was never real from the start. It was a Jeruh's creation.
brigas
Plyn

Postby Imoto » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:36 am

The Rhue who says "I have no end" is not the same as the Rhue who ends up with Lexus in DE.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby tgk » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:08 pm

Agree with the Lexus ending being the best.

The Rhue that finally ended up with Lexus is the persona we know and love throughout the 6 episodes, and he had a good end. I don't feel much of a need to know the rest about the Way, at least in this story, because this game has been totally character driven and focus on "Rhue", so when his purpose is fulfilled, he has no reasons to go further.

Now, if there is a Way movie/novel/game that Lun might have in store for us in the future. I seriously hope that it will center around Traziun, Cloe, or Gaius, with "Rhue" being an NPC, or boss, anything but the protagonist...

The Rhue that says "I have no end" is, in my interpretation, the Phantom Slasher, now in full control of Rhue's body again, and is going in search of more "single-minded" auras.
tgk
Wanderer

Postby Belthazar » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:58 pm

why can't it be the true form of Rhue finally accepting that he wants to be with Lexus? Thts my interpretation of it, its like he finally understands what he is and he is ok with that.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:29 pm

I agree. If he really was starting to become Venge again I think he would do more than spend the rest of his life with Lexus XD
Don't speak just die
S2 Hilyn

Postby tgk » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:17 pm

Well, the original "Phantom Slasher" aura (whom I believe is Venge, and also one of the original heroes in the Lord Below fight), would have nothing to do with "our Rhue" at the end of EP6 Lexus ending.

My idea is that

"our Rhue" is now at peace and fulfilled inside the sword, himself being just an aura, an imaginary persona even. He's happy with Lexus. "You are my purest dream"...

Phantom Slasher, now without a dominant aura to dictate its action, flew away, just like Ghost Horror's flying away after Kalmar's death. The only difference here is probably that the Phantom Slasher has been so infused into Rhue's body, that it can literally take over that body, instead of just flying away as a sword. This makes sense when you take into account the fact that the body of Rhue should be at least a few hundred years old...
tgk
Wanderer

Postby Jasonflare » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:23 pm

tgk wrote:Well, the original "Phantom Slasher" aura (whom I believe is Venge, and also one of the original heroes in the Lord Below fight), would have nothing to do with "our Rhue" at the end of EP6 Lexus ending.

Wah?
The Phantom Slasher is the aura of the SWORD. Rhue isn't the PS.
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:33 pm

I believe they mean the original owner of the sword.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:49 pm

I see the Lexus ending as Rhue just being plain selfish and allowing the P.S. to survive and continue. (he essentially does what it asks of him)
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby SpaceBoy2000 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:13 pm

A) Wow, fwacho speaks
B) The Phantom Slasher lives? I thought Rhue killed him in that final plunge...at least, that's what I assumed...

Nice to see the explosion of activity here. I've been too busy to drop by lately >_<
SpaceBoy2000
S1 Hilyn

Postby Snowy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:44 am

So, Lexus actually did a good thing - helped Rhue achieve hope and happiness and live a happy, even if unreal, life...

...while also keeping in existence the worst weapon, probably, in the history of the Way, that will probably go a longer way than it did and do much worse things.
But... Traziun isn't stupid. Is he hoping perhaps that Rhue takes total hold of the blade, reducing the Phantom Slasher into nothing within the blade, and living a happy life, and thus insists on stopping Gaius?
Snowy
Plyn

Postby tgk » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:19 pm

fwacho wrote:I see the Lexus ending as Rhue just being plain selfish and allowing the P.S. to survive and continue. (he essentially does what it asks of him)

Yea, this is what I mean too.

Well, "Rhue"'s being selfish is nothing bad. Frankly, he is a bad case of schizophrenia and a victim. The personality that we know ever since the start of the way is not a hero at any rate. He doesn't even know what the hell is going on until the ending (the normal ending, that is) so how can one expect him to control the phantom slasher? His being with Lexus seems to be the most natural thing. In the Lexus ending, for all we know, Rhue never knew that he is dreaming...

As for why Traziun fights Gaius to protect Rhue? Well, we'll never know, but it could have something to do with Rhue having supernatural powers and doesn't seem to be himself. Traziun is not the type to act on a whim, so naturally, he would be more reserved to see what happens next, and thus stopping Gaius from killing his friend.
tgk
Wanderer

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:45 pm

fwacho wrote:I see the Lexus ending as Rhue just being plain selfish and allowing the P.S. to survive and continue. (he essentially does what it asks of him)

thats what I thought at first but if the world fucked you over I think you'd be pretty selfish too
Don't speak just die
S2 Hilyn

Postby Kyle » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:08 pm

It's actually the first thing he decides upon that has any real impact on his life. Previously his only motivation was wandering in search of Serena. Finally, a new desire rises.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion