What about strata?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby cursethemountain » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:50 pm

then traziun dies at rhue's sword....
Alan:
Moo cows. Do you like moo
cows? Can you make a moo cow noise?
You know, like...
Mooooooooo!

Alan:
Is there any versimilitude
to the injunction that you are a
corpulent singleton?
cursethemountain
Plyn

Postby tgk » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:01 am

mere technicalities ;)

If the world's greatest martial artist comes up to me and says "dude, let me borrow your kitchen knife to kill myself real quick, there's this demon spirit thing inside me that would slaughter us all by midnight if I don't die now", then that doesn't mean I'm the champion now eh?
tgk
Wanderer

Postby Erwand » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:23 am

Yeah, you're right.

It might mean you were the new world champion if you were already the second greatest martial artist in the world... If you just happened to be a random schmoe who's knife the "world's greatest martial artist" used to kill himself... Well, you'd still be just another schmoe.

In the case of Traziun and Rhue... Well, you could argue that Rhue has now become the Pharaphalyn as he already beat Strata, a person second best to Traziun and Traziun is now dead...

That only works if Traziun actually is the Pharaphalyn! We don't know! He's obviously very powerful, but for all we know, Gaius is the REAL Pharaphalyn... Or another possibility is it's someone who hasn't been seen yet.

We haven't seen every wanderer on the way, maybe ole Pharaphalyn boy is waiting way back just in front of the mists... Or maybe he's further on... Point is, we don't know that Traziun is the Pharaphalyn, despite his UBER god-like stats, so Rhue is most likely not the Pharaphalyn in the Real world...

One damned good Lyn though.
Erwand
Wanderer

Postby Snowy » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:49 am

It's probably that damned rabbit from chapter 1... Lun hid it somewhere, and you can actually fight him for the real world's final Ph. title. :)

But when you actually think about it, the portal in Dream Estrana might've led to the real world, in some way, possibly connected to that Water thingy that Kavax mumbled about?
Snowy
Plyn

Postby knuckle » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:17 am

whata hell is a Pharaphalyn? i tough i had payed engough atention to the history but.. this proves the opositive
knuckle
Wanderer

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:20 am

The Wanderer's Guidebook wrote:As the classes progress their are fewer and fewer Lyn of that class. The greatest living Lyn is known as the Pharaphalyn. There is only one Pharaphalyn in existence at a time. Legends state the the pharaphalyn is marked in a special way so that other Lyn will be able to recognize him/her. Currently the whereabouts of the Pharaphalyn on the Way are unknown. It's been so long since there was an active Pharaphalyn that many doubt that there ever was such thing. Regardless, it lives on in Lyn folklore.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Asra » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:54 am

The Wanderer's Guidebook wrote:As the classes progress their are fewer and fewer Lyn of that class. The greatest living Lyn is known as the Pharaphalyn. There is only one Pharaphalyn in existence at a time. Legends state the the pharaphalyn is marked in a special way so that other Lyn will be able to recognize him/her. Currently the whereabouts of the Pharaphalyn on the Way are unknown. It's been so long since there was an active Pharaphalyn that many doubt that there ever was such thing. Regardless, it lives on in Lyn folklore.

Looks to me like it points to Kavax. Since if he was in the PS obviously he couldn't be an active Pharaphalyn.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Lady Phoenix » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:30 am

It seems to become Pharaphalyn you need to beat previous one. Maybe there wasn't active Pharaphalyn at that time because Kavax didn't die during plunge.
Lady Phoenix
Wanderer

Postby Alundra » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:42 am

maybe you can only become the next paraphlynwatchamacallit...
If you are granted that title by the previous one.
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Belthazar » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:02 pm

But Kavax wasn't marked in a special way at least not that i noticed.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Erwand » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:10 pm

Kavax seemed to be acknowledged by most of the people in Dream Estrana as better than Exmus. He also talked funny. >.>

If that isn't some kind of special marking then I don't know what is. :roll:

...Okay so I don't know... But those things seem more likely to be the "special markings" that allow people to recognize him as the Pharaphalyn than say a weird scar or birthmark.

Legends state the the pharaphalyn is marked in a special way so that other Lyn will be able to recognize him/her

Chances are, this just means that basically all other lyns will recognize his superior skills.
Erwand
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:27 pm

Legends state the the pharaphalyn is marked in a special way so that other Lyn will be able to recognize him/her

Chances are, this just means that basically all other lyns will recognize his superior skills.

Either that or its just Lun poking fun at another video game cliche. Who says the legend has to be right?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Asra » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:30 pm

Maybe his finisher was the way to distinguish that he was the one? 8)
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Previous

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion