What about strata?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

What about strata?

Postby knuckle » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:17 pm

i mean, what about him, he just leave the forest like nothing as happened, he could easyly slice rhue by his back while gaius was talking to him
knuckle
Wanderer

Re: What about strata?

Postby Jasonflare » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:51 pm

knuckle wrote:i mean, what about him, he just leave the forest like nothing as happened, he could easyly slice rhue by his back while gaius was talking to him

Alright, he learned that Rhue has a very dark past and the only other guy that (exceeds) equals him in the plunge is dead on his sword. What else could he do?
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby knuckle » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:09 am

you mean strata cant beat rhue? not even by hes back?
knuckle
Wanderer

Postby Jasonflare » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:41 am

knuckle wrote:you mean strata cant beat rhue? not even by hes back?

You're forgetting about Gaius, whom we've never seen fight story-related, and Kloe.
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Asra » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:26 am

Also, the guy who seriously humbled him is now dead, plausibly killed by Rhue. He doesn't know if everyone around him are his friends either, if he attacked they could go after him. Even if he thinks he can take Rhue(depending on the ending thats not likely) from behind everyone else would just mutilate him.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:06 pm

If you were to walk into a clearing and see someone kill himself, you'd want to get out of there too.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Victor » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:02 pm

In RM2k under the Tower is a map called "Two." It has a note that simply says "SCENE DELETED," and Gaius and Strata. Perhaps there was originally a plan to involve him a bit more at the end?
Victor
Plyn

Postby knuckle » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:40 pm

i dont know.. strata is a pirate and he is very skilled, and when it comes to plunge he is rhue's daddy, so i think a final plunge chalenge would finish once for all that damm evil entity , maybe a fan can do this, good series aways generate fan-games hehehe
knuckle
Wanderer

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:14 pm

Considering Rhue can already best Strata (relatively easily, might I add) at the end of Epsiode 5, I don't think "he is rhue's daddy" in any respect, especially considering how Rhue can become the Pharaphalyn.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby knuckle » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:48 pm

i dont know about you, but i lost the two plunge fights agains strata, and in the first time they meet, strata cuts rhue's chest in the secound strata push rhue in a hole that take him to the pits
knuckle
Wanderer

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:51 pm

knuckle wrote:i dont know about you, but i lost the two plunge fights agains strata

Well then, you just must've had a crappy Rhue at the end of E5, because I step 4d him on the first pass in the second plunge. The first one isn't even winnable by the virtue of the plot.
first time they meet, strata cuts rhue's chest

That was at the beginning of Episode 1. Rhue has certainly come a long way by the end of E6.
secound strata push rhue in a hole that take him to the pits

I don't see how that's indicative of anything aside from Strata's ability to push Rhue when he's not looking.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Kyle » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:48 am

There's a slight error in Lun's thinking in my opinion... You see, Rhue can get the title of Pharaphalyn by beating Kavax. However, he had been dead for a long long time. So, during this time a new pharaphalyn must, by definition, walk The Way. By killing the old pharaphalyn Rhue does prove that he is powerful, but not necessarily the best plunger on the Way, which is what the title should represent.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:12 am

You can't open the menu outside of DE, to check your title.

Kavax is the paraphalyn of Drean Estrana.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Kyle » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:12 am

I was just pointing that out as a response to Jera's previous post. And although it's true that you can't check your title outside DE, note that Rhue does enter DE with the same title as he bears outside, so I think your argument is too farfetched.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby tgk » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:26 pm

Kyle wrote:There's a slight error in Lun's thinking in my opinion... You see, Rhue can get the title of Pharaphalyn by beating Kavax. However, he had been dead for a long long time. So, during this time a new pharaphalyn must, by definition, walk The Way. By killing the old pharaphalyn Rhue does prove that he is powerful, but not necessarily the best plunger on the Way, which is what the title should represent.

Nah, he is the best plunger of the Way as far as the dream world inside the PS sword is concerned. If you think about it that way, there is no loop in logic.

Outside, he is most likely not the pharaphalyn. There is no evidence that the abilities that he gains in DE even carry over to the real world. The current pharaphalyn could be Traziun for all we know. You probably would notice that even with the best stats by the end of EP6, Rhue is still slightly less powerful than Traziun, and has about half of his HP...
tgk
Wanderer

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion