Wow, what an ending

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Thanatos » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:04 pm

Imoto wrote:I don understand all this half-demon stuff anyway... it's so... Capcom.

The half-demon theory was my way of explaining, not why Rhue looked human (as you, or someone else said, I'm sure demons can make themselves look human), but rather how Rhue might've been the son of the Lord Below and have a soul (as revealed through Jopoga's little experiment) at the same time.

Granted, I'm taking two assumptions with that. The first being that Rhue must have originally been Venge. The second being that demons have no souls. If either is wrong, then the entire half-breed theory can almost immediately be dismissed as a minute detail, or a needless complication of an otherwise already complex plotline.

It's a theory, not a die-hard belief. I'm open to any others that justly explain many of the clues and hints left by the game. And as for this quote...

The Purpose doesn't exist as people thought it did. The Purpose was created by Tetzel to control the people, as every religion.

Watch it. There are religious people who play this game. :P
Thanatos
Wanderer

Postby Chaos Perfected » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:39 pm

Inu-Yasha is lame, yes, but it KNOWS it's lame. It does it on purpose to better connect with the lonely emotional anime kid, without making him feel like he's watching a girly show.

Hey.. I like Inuyasha.. :oops:

Granted, I'm taking two assumptions with that. The first being that Rhue must have originally been Venge. The second being that demons have no souls. If either is wrong, then the entire half-breed theory can almost immediately be dismissed as a minute detail, or a needless complication of an otherwise already complex plotline.

Well, we have to consider if they really are demons, and not just monsters/animals. And then you get into quasi spiritual things like if animals have souls.

I'm banking on the Purpose and demons being a created story by Tetzel, and Tetzel is the Lord Below.

Watch it. There are religious people who play this game. :P

I'm not even going to touch this one anymore. :twisted: It just seemd Holy Roman Empire to me. :P
Chaos Perfected
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:27 pm

Some of your theories made sence, but alot of that was pure assumption. Like the Jeruh killing Midian thing.

'The Rolling Mists' are not mists. This was a lie. The Rolling Mists are waves. They are the ocean. New pathways are uncovered and old ones covered all the time. (As history of our own world can show us.) I'll elaberate on this later.

I think the mists was the shockwave that destroyed Janwen. It explains why there would be a person who saw the mists in Rhue's sword, and we know the guided came into power soon after that, Tetzel, or whoever the leader was at the time, just made up a bunch of stuff to explain the mists and everyone belived it because they wanted an answer, and the guided have been in power ever since.

Arctura and Gharon are the Illuminati and Shadow parts of the sword.

Ummm... I think the Phantom Slasher would be the shadow part.

I could have swore it was a number... oh well, I get to go play the game again, besides just getting the Lexus ending now.

If only we had a list that had that kind of information...
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Chaos Perfected » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:43 pm

Some of your theories made sence, but alot of that was pure assumption. Like the Jeruh killing Midian thing.

Yeah, we have nothing but assumption. >>;

I think the mists was the shockwave that destroyed Janwen.

Hmm..

Ummm... I think the Phantom Slasher would be the shadow part.

Then what was Gharon? Maybe.. at one time, there were actually separate Shadow Swords and Illuminati Blades but they were.. merged? They both had one word names (I.E. Arctura) and then merged to one and had a two part name that could both mean evil and good. (I.E. Phantom Slasher) Phantom Slasher was the combination of good and evil. Assumingly.
Chaos Perfected
Plyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:33 am

Considering it's a being inside the sword that we've never seen before, just like anyone in the lost city, I bet it's just another aura absorbed by Phantom Slasher. After all, if Venge scarred his father, he probably had to take some lessers down to get to him.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:10 am

Gharon and Gaghn were both 'lessers' or servants of the Lord Below. If Rhue was venge then they could be demons killed before the lord below was scarred, or they could be other shadow swords which Rhue absorbed.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Imoto » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:07 am

Or Gharon could be like a little piece of the Lord Below.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Jasonflare » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:17 pm

I agree with Sling, Gharon is a lesser. Nothing special about it, just like The Girl.
OMG,Image
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:40 pm

I dunno, I kind of like the idea that Illuminati swords have little pieces of god in them, and the evil part that's added to make them shadow swords is a little piece of satan.

Interesting thought, if you can absorb the auras of demons, and auras are made by the soul's connection to the body, demons probably have souls.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Belthazar » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:03 pm

but again good, bad its all relative can anyone ever be sure of one's true intentions?
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Thanatos » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:30 pm

Imoto wrote:I dunno, I kind of like the idea that Illuminati swords have little pieces of god in them, and the evil part that's added to make them shadow swords is a little piece of satan.

Interesting thought, if you can absorb the auras of demons, and auras are made by the soul's connection to the body, demons probably have souls.

Yes, if. I guess the only way to prove that though would be to determine whether the two demons you fight are:
a) Already vanquished demons by Rhue,
b) Actual demons from the Reaches, or,
c) Something completely different or metaphorical.
If option a is true, then demons paradoxically enough have souls... somehow... (You can also do away with all the half-demon stuff at that point).
Thanatos
Wanderer

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:52 am

it'd be interesting if the sword actually became a shadow sword or illuminati by the will of the user and not because it became that way on it's own...
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby Lady Phoenix » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:37 am

Maybe demons don't have souls but still somehow have auras. During conversation in ep4 Jopaga mentioned that there were problems with "aura is shadow" theory.
Lady Phoenix
Wanderer

Postby Masked Gamer » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:57 am

If option a is true, then demons paradoxically enough have souls... somehow... (You can also do away with all the half-demon stuff at that point).

Uhm... why? Firstly, why is it a paradox? and secondly, why in hell would you have to lose all those theories?
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby yoreliter » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:47 pm

well, considering the "aura is shadow" theory has some faults, maybe each wanderer has a soul, and aura, and a body. a shadow sword can absorb the aura and souland keeps them connected inside the sword. and then the soul with the most desire inside the sword would have the soul and aura come to the surface.

a seperate theory on shadow swords and illuminati.

illuminati could have had the following properties
1) absorb auras to make sword stronger
2) cant harm the innocent
3) dont change personalities
4) prolongs life for an indefinite amount of time

then they were brought into the fight against the Lord Below. he let out that shockwave and corrupted the illuminati by forcing a piece of his own aura into them and making them shadow swords. they would gain the following properties
1) personality is decided on the soul with the most desire
2) after sword gains to many auras, the natural aura of the user it destroyed
3) the sword can only kill poeple according the users "justice", however corrupt that "justice" may be
The best actions almost never yield the best consequences
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion