Is Rhue still... Rhue?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Non-Sequitur » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:44 am

http://www.crestfallen.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2238&start=0
"M20" Man
The Mists
Man: I saw the mists. Right before they crash down they get real red like blood. They reach for the sky, but they can't escape.

The Ocean
Man: Have you ever seen the ocean? Every river flows into the ocean. They bring sediment from far away lands and the riptides carry it out to sea. Everyday the ocean's waves beat against the shore, eroding the land. And everyday the rivers carry off more sediment. The rivers widen and the shorelines diminish. Maybe everything will one day be engulfed by the waters... Maybe that is the will of the Purpose.

The Window
Man: It's pretty, huh? I don't look out any of them anymore. I used to look and what I saw made me very happy. But the longer I looked the more my happiness faded. As time went on, looking made me sadder and sadder. I began to wish more and more that I had never looked at all. So one day I turned away. My stomach clenched up and my mouth went dry. All of the water went to my eyes. I let the tears fall onto the ground. It was like one of those rivers, slowly carrying away bits and pieces of me. Sometimes, when my eyes were full, I saw visions... I felt very sick for a long time. If you look out each window long enough, you might see what I eventually saw, but if I were you I wouldn't do it. It's a great burden once you know.
---
Rhue: Wait a second... I do see something... It's... Just some little kid... smiling? What a waste of time that was.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:16 pm

yet he speaks of the mists... this mustn't be taken literally..

Why? Its not like he gives a whole lot of info on them, he just says one line about it.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:06 am

Most of the things we know come from single lines... There must be a reason why this line is thrown together with the rest of the meta..
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:51 pm

I ment that we have no reason not to take it lliterally, not that its not important.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:00 pm

I think Fwacho already essentially said flat out that it is literal. Or he suggested it at least.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:54 pm

He said somthing along the lines of "Why would someone in the city have seen the mists?"
Obviously the answer is because he saw them before he died. I wrote up a theory awhile ago on the mists just being a rumor created by the guided that explained explosion caused by the fight with the lord below, meaning that the guy died in Janwen during the fight, which would meen Rhue's sword is one of the "corrupt" ones, not the one that was never used.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:37 pm

Fwacho also made some comment along the lines of "No, the mists are real" after I speculated that it could simply be their myth to explain the horizon or whatever. So... yeah.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Jasonflare » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:33 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:He said somthing along the lines of "Why would someone in the city have seen the mists?"
Obviously the answer is because he saw them before he died. I wrote up a theory awhile ago on the mists just being a rumor created by the guided that explained explosion caused by the fight with the lord below, meaning that the guy died in Janwen during the fight, which would meen Rhue's sword is one of the "corrupt" ones, not the one that was never used.

If Rhue's sword was a corrupt one, why would his sword's good side try to stop him from advancing through the tower?
OMG,Image
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:30 pm

Because it was corrupt...
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Imoto » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:45 am

What if the mists are the tortured souls of those who die on The Way, stuck to the still moving wave from the lord below, their souls trapped on the surface, ever reaching towards the sky as they crawl along the surface of the way, destroying all those they touch in their anguish?
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:58 am

Damn, that's extremely deep and metaphoric. I like it.

Unfortunately, there's nothing whatsoever within the game to confirm or deny it.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:44 am

Well, if that guy was killed by the mists like he seems to be, then it wouldnt be true because the guys aura would be in the mists instead of the sword.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Imoto » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:13 pm

He could have just seen the mists. If they were moving faster than the Wanderers could migrate, everyone would already be dead.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:14 pm

"Right before they crash down they get real red like blood. They reach for the sky, but they can't escape."

Maby its just me, but that line makes it sound like hes right there. Not watching them through a telescope or somthing.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Imoto » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:39 am

Telescope? He could have been nearby and gotten lucky enough to get away.

Or, shit, maybe Rhue was there watching him die and then just flew away.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion