Two minor things that bug me...

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Two minor things that bug me...

Postby hpmons » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:58 pm

Of course, much bigger things bug me as well, but that can be discussed elsewhere...

1. That suit of armour in Ballar's house. I play the first five episodes a long time ago, then played them again last week. Although I couldnt even remember Rhue's name, I remembered that armour. Its haunted me. When looking at it, Rhue says "I've never seen anything like this...weird". Also, in some flashback showing this room (when Kloe was hired perhaps?), the armour isnt there.

2. We never get to see Rhues parents. In the flashback where he talks about how he got enough money to buy the pendant, we hear (well, "read") his parents voices, but their image is hidden.

It is 3am, and Im not used to being on the computer this late...So if you think Im a little cukoo-in-the-head, that is why...
hpmons
Wanderer

Postby Jasonflare » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:20 pm

Jeruh's parents serveno purpose in the Way. Why do people care about them?
OMG,Image
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:52 pm

go play the game again, hpmons.

If you couldn't even remember the name of THE main character, you DEFINITELY COULD NOT PICK UP ON ANY OF LUN'S BRILLIANT PLOT LINE! (And yes, I was shouting, but you deserve it. Er, no offense. Just play it again.)

Btw, have you actually finished E6? Or did you just go and have a beer during the cutscenes? Otherwise you would have known Rhue's parents are completely irrelevant. And what armor. No one goes around just looking for self-propelled plate mail.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Mob Pixelle » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:02 pm

hpmons: I'm not sure about the armor, but are you reffering to Rhues parents or Jeruhs? What you must remember is Jeruh is the original, and it is assumed he has parents, however, as already stated, they are quite irrelevant to the story, but "Rhue" is really something else, we don't really know where he came from, and some have suggested he could be Kura, or the Mimic (I think), which means his parents are long dead, or perhaps they aren't human :twisted:, as some suggest, his father could be the Lord Below. So it could be quite interesting to theorize about "Rhues" origins.
--Mob Pixelle--
Mob Pixelle
Shadow Foot

Postby dyyhpys » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:44 pm

If he is the Mimic then his father is the lord below, but who is his mother???
Who is someone that is like a god or something, and female?
Does it ever say what sex Tetzel is??
he could be female and be the mother of the Mimic...
:?: :?:
ALAN: Badgering? I never mentioned
a badger. I'm talking about kitty
kats.
dyyhpys
S1 Hilyn

Postby DasHansel » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:08 pm

I think we know who Jeruh's father is actually. Since he is Lyrra's brother wouldn't his father also be Jed?
DasHansel
Wanderer

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:36 am

In a poem the Mimic/Venge is named "the son of Janwen's bane", It is a metaphor as the lord below has "created" the Mimic /Venge when the wielders of the Illuminati came, thus making them the "mother"

At the beginning Venge was like an auraless void, absorbing all the auras around him. at a certain point Venge has absorbed so many auras that he could not "control" them anymore, Being auraless himself, the auras of the strangers combined and created the Mimic. the Mimic lost his memory of being Venge and lived without a direction or a purpose beside survival, like a monstrous beast. at a certain point the Mimic has absorbed so many auras that the original "aura" was not the dominant aura anymore, and thus, every time he has absorbed an especially powerful aura, that aura would be shifted to be his dominant one.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby PsychicK » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:16 am

dyyhpys wrote:If he is the Mimic then his father is the lord below, but who is his mother???
Who is someone that is like a god or something, and female?
Does it ever say what sex Tetzel is??
he could be female and be the mother of the Mimic...
:?: :?:

I don't think the Mimic has a mother. Who would want to sleep with the Lord Below? :?
I believe a god should be referred as "it", to avoid any discrimination of either sex.
Tetzel is referred somewhere as "he", I think. It might be interesting to discover he's a woman, though. ^^

I REALLY don't want to think of Tetzel having sex with the Lord Below.
Jeez!
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Kcrazy » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:46 am

Scar upon the father's brow
Left by son, the disavowed

I tihnk the poems says other wise, sounds like Venge left the scar on his father.

Unless by creating Venge, Lord Below scarred himself.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:08 am

PsychicK wrote:Tetzel is referred somewhere as "he", I think. It might be interesting to discover he's a woman, though.

I thought somehow it was long time ago agreed that Gaius was Tetzel...?
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:48 pm

Alundra wrote:I thought somehow it was long time ago agreed that Gaius was Tetzel...?

Who? What? When?

And hpmons, sorry that I acted a bit (okay, quite) childishly. I'd had a bad day.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby PsychicK » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:36 am

Alundra wrote:
PsychicK wrote:Tetzel is referred somewhere as "he", I think. It might be interesting to discover he's a woman, though.

I thought somehow it was long time ago agreed that Gaius was Tetzel...?

I don't think so, I also find it very doubtful. If Gaius is Kalmar's perfect blade, how can he be Tetzel?
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:58 am

PsychicK wrote:I don't think so, I also find it very doubtful. If Gaius is Kalmar's perfect blade, how can he be Tetzel?

I've written this already all over the board countless times but here goes
once more:
ever played metal gear solid? Know ocelot? know he's in about three
organisations and tries to get the best out of it each time?

Gaius might be a similiar sort of character.

:arrow: He's at first Gaius; the blood lyn in service of kalmar, who's destiny it is to cleanse the way from a certain something...
We already assumed that was either bring justice to thieves and such (as is pointed out in episode 2 that all victims were robbers or morally challenged people - the ho in episode 4 who's head got severed-) or people who defy the purpose in a way (the campside in episode 1).

(many ppl will go like 'omfg dat not be truhue!!11!! da was da phanta slasha! ... it might be that there's two of them... besides we know that it is tetzel - gaius- that wants to delay the masses by spreading the rumor of the PS... He has to cleanse the way anyhow so how to do things better than to take care of trash people... that way it's two birds with one stone.
besides we never saw the phantom slasher kill the robbers that traz and
rhue find along the way just a bit before the stumble across gaius... it might have been our blue haired dude ^-^)

Gaius is also the blood brother of Kloe and presumably her lover or close to that.
KLoe got somebody injured back when she was younger and gaius took the blame on him, and left the battlegrounds, also to accomplish his task as perfect blade which is why none have laid a finger on him.

:arrow: He is tetzel for tetzel is the one that got in contact with jopaga through the help of sacrificia to create the rod item that would be able to absorb an aura.
->Why would he need it?
1.Either to use aura's to gain strenght himself
2. to use it to steal a certain specific aura.

Tetzel however discovered that the purpose and the end of the way are a fraud by some means - maybe even from his 'master' kalmar. He just wants to delay the masses from finding it out...

->Why? Well, simple the purpose it the religion on the Way... Imagine people finding out that God or whatever you believe in turns out to be a fake thing... All those centuries that people have spent in believing something to be out there... for no reason apparantly! That would spell utter chaos. So instead he wants to delay the wanderers from finding out the truth and keep the purpose in place so to avoid rampaging hordes of wanderers ^_^. That might be why he killed eyashu to keep him from spreading the truth. Dirk might have seemed a little less problematic due to his nature of being cooky anyhow. Maybe that's why he got spared.
BTW gaius thinks the setteling thing is the most flawed doctrine of the guided... If it is true and gaius is tetzel it is obvious why HE chose for the guided to settle down in estrana.

:arrow: why would he want to destroy kalmar (if that is what he wants...)
-> to stop the cycle!
I don't know for sure anymore but I think there's a book in the game that speaks of the cycle. Take for instance that Kalmar knows of the cycle...
Kalmar's aura can be transplanted automatically in a new host if his physical body dies (that's probably the person traz's mom is talking about) so that would start the cycle anew and might mean why he's ever as young as he seems...

Traz seems to be wanting to do the very same thing but with a shadow sword!
It has the property of absorbing a whole aura... That's why he needed the sword that rhue tossed into the pits in the second episode. (probably the sword carried by jeruh that got recuperated from his body by gaius.)

:arrow: Gaius the masquerade - why pose as a different person to velicia and others?
->easy, how is it best to keep hidden from your enemy?
to hide under its very nose!!
->Gaius, the man from xor is more knowledgable then we suppose. He knows about entrego so he must know more about the arastotzi then he lets on. He knows about medmur's actions so he must know a lot about the vigilance counsil too! and he's the harbringer hired by the guided to off cetsa aswell...
By assuming his identity as Dude from Xor, and not going about as Tetzel he can gain trust as an idividual - while being Tetzel himself!
He can move about freely without being questionned.

he is the one that ultimately pulls all the strings and quells the internal uprising within the guided. How? Sacrificia is the one that wants to stop tetzel because he wants the truth to be revealed...
Sacrificia fears tetzel wants to use the purpose as a device that might be leading to illusions of grandour... making tetzel the most powerful person on the way - as he controls whatever the purpose does or is, so he would also dictate every wanderer...
gaius wants to see this stopped and probably has other plans then to rule the way anyhow. That's why the loyalist move to stone lilah is playing in his hand. sacrificia is silenced while gaius can move to the end of the way to stop the other rebelling members there.

:arrow: gaius and the swords:
It's assumed that gaius has an illuminati and rhue carries a shadowsword ... that's why rhue cannot harm gaius... It seems gaius however wants to collect all the shadowswords and keep them locked up until the might be destroyed. he claims he can destroy them, at least says so to rhue...

:arrow: Finally! To answer a question I already stated above: why would he want to stop kalmar? maybe cuz he doesn't want to be the perfect blade? Maybe because he knows the true horrors that kalmar has been up to, as does traz... and he just wants to restore the balance?

(this is about tetzel but many ppl hate the theories I'll write down here so... read on if ya care to see my view on the way)
The reason why he wanted to go after rhue (and this is a theory of mine that many ppl hate ... ) is because rhue might have become the new treat as was kalmar once... Traz wants to see how it plays out in the end. Traz might have known all about rhue and his muddled aura for a long time and that's why he offered to help out rhue in hopes that his 'teachings' might have altered rhue in a way. If rhue might be the mimic that might mean he is to be venge... venge would be the son of the lord below (maybe as some pointed out before not an actual son as his spawn but rather 'created by accident') which would make kalmar the lord below and trazuin the son of the lord below... And that brings me back to the main hated theory... traz is the shadow we fight in the pits (in his true form) an arguement that might be stronger if you take note of the fact that traz just seems to be a little further along the way then where rhue pops up and we all know he went down the pits to find that sword - as was scatha trying ...
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:48 pm

Alundra wrote:KLoe got somebody injured back when she was younger and gaius took the blame on him,

I'm pretty sure what you are talking about is actually referring to Kloe killing Foreman Baller and letting Cetsa take the blame for it.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Alundra » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:33 pm

nope... or else i might have gotten confused... :roll:
LUN COME BACK TO DA FORUM AN' EXPLAIN IT ALL TA US!
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion