The swords and other mysteries.

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The swords and other mysteries.

Postby Elachim » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:37 pm

Okay. Got a bunch of things I can't figure out.

The bloody sword on the cliff (that Traziun stood on end of E5) who does it belong to? Is it Traziun's? Then how come it's bloody; he killed Kalmar with the shadow sword (Night Reaper.) And what happened to Night Reaper? Is that the sword we see "Rhue" look at at the end of E6?

Now, off the swords for a minute. We know from Kavax that "Rhue" used to be Kura. Now why on earth would Kura have been chasing Jeruh/Rhue? (And the same for Gaius, btw.) Kura confronts Rhue like he was a sworn enemy, or at least the object of an old grudge. Did that have to do with the sword he carried - something like Kura had an Illuminati blade and was hunting down the Shadow swords? Which brings up another question: which sword did Kura end up leaving with after he became "Rhue" - his own (which would then have to be a Shadow Sword, discrediting above theory) or Jeruh's (which would not make sense with the aura absorbing thingy)? And who were the people lying around when Jeruh found his sword?

I hope you followed all that. Anyway, any theories, insights?
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:00 pm

Well the reason Kura would kill Jeruh is because he became Midian first and Midian wanted to kill Jeruh. Kava would hold a grudge against Kura for hmm.. I don't know, killing him? And no one knows who the people were when Jeruh got his sword.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Jasonflare » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:18 pm

The bloody sword on the cliff is Kalmer's Ghost Horror, which cRhue knocked away.
Night Reaper is the sword on the last map of E6.

And who says Kura was the only person Rhue has asborbed?
OMG,Image
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:30 pm

The bloody sword on the cliff is Kalmer's Ghost Horror, which cRhue knocked away.
Night Reaper is the sword on the last map of E6.

Both of those are just guesses.I think the Ghost Horror one is really likely, but that other sword could be just about anything.

And who says Kura was the only person Rhue has asborbed?

Yeah, we've got a whole city worth of people he's absorbed.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:48 am

Yeah, we've got a whole city worth of people he's absorbed

I think he means absorbed and became.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:07 pm

Masked Gamer wrote:
Yeah, we've got a whole city worth of people he's absorbed

I think he means absorbed and became.

you'll note a striking difference... I would talk about it a little more.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby 1commander » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:58 am

Why don't you just tell us?
1commander
Plyn

Postby Wellsy » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:29 am

Come now, you don't actually expect a response to that, do you? :)

[insert standard fwacho cliche comment about the satisfaction of figuring things out for yourself]

So anyway, there are obviously a lot of people in the City that were absorbed and whose personalities didn't take over "Rhue". Why not? I guess because they didn't serve the Purpose of the Sword - to enforce justice on the Way. What would be the good of having the Cat Lady's aura become dominant? (Unless the Purpose were to call for extermination of canines . . .) Much better to have pugilistic auras like Midian, Jeruh, or Kura ascend to dominance, the better to enforce a system of justice along the Way.

I don't strictly believe in any of that, just the most cogent argument I can come up with at the moment. Please, change my mind.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:54 am

Wellsy630 wrote:So anyway, there are obviously a lot of people in the City that were absorbed and whose personalities didn't take over "Rhue". Why not? I guess because they didn't serve the Purpose of the Sword - to enforce justice on the Way.
Or it could be that their aura's weren't strong enough.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:19 am

Well based on what I know so far, my theory is that the shadowy looking guy in the sword (the one we assume is the PS) is in control.
No if's no but's.
I believe it's got to do with how someone said that a certain person had managed to escape the bad effects of the shadow sword, the shadow guy is that certain person, and he can control the sword whenever he wants. But to escape the bad effects of the sword he chooses an aura in the sword that has reason to do what he wants at the time, or can be manipulated by him, and he lets that aura control it.
This is why he assumes control of the sword so easily and confidently in the Lexus ending, because he is the master and Rhue had served his purpose.
He'd probably let another aura control it when the time is right.

If this is true them 2 questions I can think of are:
1) Who is he, where and when did he come from? Could he be the so called dark one that destroyed Jarwen or possible the creator of the shadow sword? Either way I'm leaning towards an ancient evil person/thing.
2) What is his goal? Does he simply want to live forever, or does he have his own plan for the Way?
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Antagon » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:49 pm

I thought the guy "Traziun's mom" spoke of was Kalmar... O_o that's how I took it when I went through that scene in reflective sky.
Antagon
Plyn

Postby 1commander » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:44 am

Wellsy630 wrote:Come now, you don't actually expect a response to that, do you? :)

[insert standard fwacho cliche comment about the satisfaction of figuring things out for yourself]

Well... yes. My life would have that much more satisfaction having the contents of the way and its meaning explicated fully to me. Seeing as how there seems to be no answer to many questions yet that many people have put a great deal of effort into finding (perhaps they are holes in the story, or just filler?) I don't see the answer coming in the entire foreseeable future. That said, there is satisfaction to be had, or lost, in this scenario. The satisfaction had was playing the game and the story as comprehensible and intricate as it was, but there is a lack of satisfaction in that there is supposedly a conclusion to this intricate story that people actually gave attention to but as to what that is most people have vague ideas, but little if any thing is certain. That satisfaction could easily be given, but is denied.
1commander
Plyn

Postby hpmons » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:17 am

Why is it that sometimes *someone* is recognised in Rhue (e.g Kura, by Kavax, or Midian by the headhunter in the large stretch), and other times not, and people just seem to see Rhue?
hpmons
Wanderer

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:39 am

They aren't mistaking him for someone else based on appearances. Odds are, while the Mimic's dominant aura was Midian for instance, he would then introduce himself as Midian. A couple months later, he meets the same guy as Rhue, the headhunter is then mistakes him for Midian because that's who he was a couple months ago.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:48 am

Ehhh, hadn't even thought about the Mimic (good idea whoever started that name) had absorbed Midian. Makes perfect sense though. If the sword on the cliff is Ghost Horror, how come it's bloodied? We have a total of 3 shadow swords seen in the game so far, right? We know that the Mimic's is destroyed at the end of E6. (If you pick the right ending.) The other two are Ghost Horror and Night Reaper. So you're telling me that Ghost Horror ends up on the cliff and Night Reaper is the one that the Mimic passes by. ... ... okay so it does make sense. Shoot me.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion