Kloe = third beast

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Kloe = third beast

Postby is » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:26 pm

Hello, new user. Sorry. Excuse me. :oops: Please. Firstly, The Way is the best RPG ever. Chrono Trigger now seems unsubtle and cartoonish, final six good - but outshone like a star in sunlight. Terraningma.. euch.. random, unlovely. But the Way... it does not give away its secrets.. but it rewards the determined wanderers who investigate its mysteries...

Sorry. Excuse me. Thank you.

Anyway, while replaying episode one, I noticed in the dream sequence that a third beast jumps on Serena from above and knocks her in the river. In the same way, Kloe jumps Gaius at the end of Ep 6. What could this represent?

I know its been discussed that there was not three beasts. But the numbers do add up. At the original Landorin, there were three beasts, Midian, and Serena. At new landorin: Gaius, Traziun, Kloe, Rhue, Strata.

Positions:
Gaius - Serena
Rhue - Midian
Beast 1 - Traziun
Beast 2 - Strata
Beast 3 - Kloe

But what could this represent? I'll say no more on the subject.

A sidenote: At the top of the Phantom's Blade, Rhue says 'It's impossible.. that's impossible... impossible..' etc. Impossible? Image???

Sorry
Last edited by is on Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friedrich Nietzche wrote:Oh God, oh God, O - M - F - G!
is
Wanderer

Re: Kloe = third beast

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:15 pm

is wrote:Terraningma.. euch.. random, unlovely.

I'm sorry, but I hate you.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Lord_Ehrgeiz » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:10 pm

is wrote:A sidenote: At the top of the Phantom's Blade, Rhue says 'It's impossible.. that's impossible... impossible..' etc. Impossible? Image???

Here:
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/2554/29120518372ly.jpg
Lord_Ehrgeiz
S2 Hilyn

Postby Asra » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:16 am

So would that make Rhue and Gaius lovers?

Hehe sorry, couldn't resist. But yeah, its pretty cool. Though Gaius is prepared to kill for the sword.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Jasonflare » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:26 pm

What?
I thought the ending of E6 cleared this up. Jeruh named himself Rhue and screwed up his own memories, including the Landorin Massacre. The only beast that was there was Jeruh.
And Rhue been around for awhile, so...could just be a meomory thing he remembers that place.
Last edited by Jasonflare on Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
OMG,Image
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:06 pm

This is Estrana, NOT post ep. 6

better hit the edit.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Jasonflare » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:04 am

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. :oops:
OMG,Image
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:07 am

Good thing you coloured it, otherwise I'd have to use my modding stick.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:28 pm

This whole topic could be conciderd a spoiler since its about the ending of EP6. shouldnt this be in the EP6 discussion forum?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Jasonflare » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:28 pm

Telephalsion wrote:Good thing you coloured it, otherwise I'd have to use my modding stick.

Come on, Tele. I thought we tight, yo?
This whole topic could be conciderd a spoiler since its about the ending of EP6. shouldnt this be in the EP6 discussion forum?

Yeah, the topic starter said:

Anyway, while replaying episode one, I noticed in the dream sequence that a third beast jumps on Serena from above and knocks her in the river. In the same way, Kloe jumps Gaius at the end of Ep 6. What could this represent?

I know its been discussed that there was not three beasts. But the numbers do add up. At the original Landorin, there were three beasts, Midian, and Serena. At new landorin: Gaius, Traziun, Kloe, Rhue, Strata.
OMG,Image
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:11 pm

Moved.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Elachim » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:12 pm

is wrote:Anyway, while replaying episode one, I noticed in the dream sequence that a third beast jumps on Serena from above and knocks her in the river. In the same way, Kloe jumps Gaius at the end of Ep 6. What could this represent?

Some kind of 'forward memory' or something? Maybe Rhue is a psychic. Maybe his sword makes him psychic. Maybe I'm trowing out random ideas.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby is » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:52 pm

It does seem like Rhue's dream matched the 'You're the phantom slasher!' Landorin stretch more than the 'That beast... was you' Landorin. I never got why Lun used different maps for the 'same' place, unless they were two different places.
is
Wanderer

Postby Imoto » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:46 pm

Hold on, The Way is good, really good, but Terranigma is still better.

Terranigma goes beyond the traditional RPG in a lot of ways with it's plot and goals.

In the end it's a downright beautiful game.

There really need to be more games that reach for the abstract, and don't cling to the traditional conflicts.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby is » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:39 pm

Chapter 3 of Terranigma is beautiful. Guiding the worlds growth... I loved the whole town expansion thing. Chapter 2 had its moments - actually, quite a few of them.

Chapter 1 was tedious, Chapter 4 didn't really satisfy. It seemed to me like they didn't really have control over the plot beyond the really big abstract ideas. Random people would end up having inexplicable importance, really important things were only mentioned once (example: the Asmodeus virus, which apparently killed 95% of the Earth's population, was never mentioned before Beruga's lab), and there seemed to be too many inconsistencies. I kept hoping until the very end that some of these would be resolved, but they never were.

Compare to the Way, where Lun seems to have considered every detail. You can't really muse over the storyline unless you feel the game's creators actually knew the storyline inside out.

Also, there were quite a few points in dungeons where I'd be stumped for ages. I had to resort to walkthroughs a few times, which always makes me feel that I've failed.

It was a good game though... it's an unplolished gem. If Lun remade Terranigma with his character depth and story control...
is
Wanderer

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion