The Real Question

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Alundra » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:26 am

I'm sure this has been said before, and prolly somewhere in this topic but it might be the spot where the guided were slaughtered by kura...
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:29 am

Alundra wrote:I'm sure this has been said before

How right you are.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Alundra » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:36 pm

Hey... I was tired like hell when I posted that, nearly fell asleep on da keyboard... Yet many ppl don't read or haven't read (noobiez) everything out there on dis board so let's fill 'm in on obvious schtuff...

put my earmuffs on the cookie :lol:
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:17 pm

The only explanation I can think of is that Rhue previously went to the End of the Way, and his mind mixed that memory with that of the Landorin Massacre.

I just started replaying the series today... I'm up to episode 3 now... and something I've noticed to support this is that people always ask if Rhue has been living under a rock because he seems to know nothing about The Way's culture, EXCEPT for everything involving the Forerunners. He recognizes a Way Post on his own, not to mention HE is the one who recognizes the first Citadel.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby dyyhpys » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:18 pm

Very good point.

The rolling mist could acually only be a few metres wide, and it wouldn't be landorin because otherwise people would realize the way is circular. The way has to be longer than a persons life.

I think the reason people are different ages in dream estrana, is because that is the age they are most remembered in, in the case of the girl=serena she could be remembered at that age by Rhue because he thinks she is still alive and grown up.

Make sense?
ALAN: Badgering? I never mentioned
a badger. I'm talking about kitty
kats.
dyyhpys
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:44 am

Dyyhpys: thats pretty much my theory, Beside the fact that I beleive the mists are harmless and are actually a fabarication of the guided to guide the Wanderers in circles, symbolicly, Much like the catholic church in the middle ages.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Bryjnar » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:05 am

If the mists are a fabrication, why does Gaius say that that place at the end of EP5 was where the end of the Way "used to be"? The logical conclusion is that the "end of the Way" is simply the bit that has been most recently uncovered by the mists.

Now, given that there is therefore no significance to any given "end of the Way", as it changes over time, it's hard to see what significance we can get from the fact that Rhue remembers it. He can't remember it as the end of the Way, because it probably wasn't at the time of the Landorin Massacre or whenever. I'm not inclined to believe that it's just a coincidence, and so the only logical idea I can think of is that the Way simply must be cyclical. At any rate, the event that happened there is too far in Rhue's past for us to really deduce anything about what it was, but it does imply that the Way is cyclical.

On a side note: if the Way is cyclical, like a big ring, what happens if you go off to the sides? More mists? If that was the case, then people would have proof of their existence. If not, and the land continues on forever, the Way would have to be on a spherical planet (or an endless cylinder if you don't believe it's cyclical) ... and that would just be weird.
Oooh... better idea. Maybe it's a giant torus shape :) The Way is in fact being enacted on an enormous doughnut.
Bryjnar
Plyn

Postby hero_bash » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:35 am

what if Tetzel is correct in some point?
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:09 am

Bryjnar wrote:If the mists are a fabrication, why does Gaius say that that place at the end of EP5 was where the end of the Way "used to be"? The logical conclusion is that the "end of the Way" is simply the bit that has been most recently uncovered by the mists.

Now, given that there is therefore no significance to any given "end of the Way", as it changes over time, it's hard to see what significance we can get from the fact that Rhue remembers it. He can't remember it as the end of the Way, because it probably wasn't at the time of the Landorin Massacre or whenever. I'm not inclined to believe that it's just a coincidence, and so the only logical idea I can think of is that the Way simply must be cyclical. At any rate, the event that happened there is too far in Rhue's past for us to really deduce anything about what it was, but it does imply that the Way is cyclical.

On a side note: if the Way is cyclical, like a big ring, what happens if you go off to the sides? More mists? If that was the case, then people would have proof of their existence. If not, and the land continues on forever, the Way would have to be on a spherical planet .

Exactly, I believe that The Way is in fact a huge, possibly larger then our own Europe, piece of land, and the guided are guiding all the Wanderers in circles using the mists, The mists could not exist and simply be legends spread by the guided, Or the mists could actually be creations of the guided, it matters not. The "mists" push the wanderers from behind, and prevent them from advancing too far, I believe going to the side is possible, but one would either reach the sea, or face an impassable mountain or other obstacles.

most of the guided could live in other parts of the plant, while the guided that are on the actual way could be living behind, or in front, of either part of the mists, and the wanderers would never find out.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:22 am

Well I guess that makes sense... It doesn't really follow Occam's Razor, but it's possible. Although Fwacho definetly did give the impression that the mists do exist as the guy in Ep. 6 said.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:35 am

Masked Gamer wrote:. Although Fwacho definetly did give the impression that the mists do exist as the guy in Ep. 6 said.

Fwacho has never stated the mists exist as we think of them, Fwacho has simply said "Ho, the mists are very real" and this theory supports them being real, they are simply not what most people think they are.

And all the things the guy in Episode six has said were metaphors, what stops this from being another one?

And Finlay, you know very well that Fwacho never gives hints that are completely clear, so him saying "ho, the mists are very real" points to the mists not being what we think they are, but also points to the fact they do, in fact, exist.

Thus, the mists could easily be a creation of the guided, in the literal sense.

Occam's Razor

"If three things are not enough to verify an affirmative proposition about things, a fourth must be added, and so on" - Chatton's Anti-razor
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:47 am

In that same topic, if I'm not mistaken he specifically asks "What becomes red as it crashes down?" or something along those lines. This continues to suggest that they exist in a pretty literal sense. And as for that anti-razor, what's to suggest that we need that "fourth thing"?
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:59 am

Masked Gamer wrote:In that same topic, if I'm not mistaken he specifically asks "What becomes red as it crashes down?" or something along those lines. This continues to suggest that they exist in a pretty literal sense. And as for that anti-razor, what's to suggest that we need that "fourth thing"?

We have not found an anwser so far.

And yet again, it could be another hint to the metaphor, your logic is flawed, no offense.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:21 pm

Just because we haven't found an answer, doesn't mean we've exhausted our list of "things" yet. Judging by how we've created solutions in the past, things probably just need to be rearranged within themselves.

Also, since we're on the topic of Occam's Razor, what leads you to believe it's a metaphor?
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:42 pm

Because all the other things the man has said were metaphors, and according to Occam's Razor, that you delight so much in using, changing the format of the man's words is only another factor.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion