The Real Question

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The Real Question

Postby nkhaim » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:28 am

Guys you are missing the real Question here. Why does Rhue remember the end of the way as the landorin Stretch. I think this symbolizes something. Maybe this is where he found the sword? Now that we know the begging of the way what was the start of the way?
nkhaim
Wanderer

Postby Jasonflare » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:28 am

Answer: WE DON'T KNOW.
Basically, all we're doing is making up theories that have the slightest chance of being true. Example: The Girl=Serena theory is false.
OMG,Image
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:38 pm

C'mon Jason, don't just shoot this down. This is an important question.

I'm not quite sure I agree with nkhaim's analysis though... the true Landorin stretch (through Jeruh, Midian and Lyrras memories) is drastically different from the Landorin Rhue knows. They could be the same, but you'd have to do a lot of explaining to convince me. I don't think the End of the Way could also be the beginning. Lun seems to suggest in the final bits of E6 that the Way, or the Upper Way, or part of the Way at least, is quite linear - the mountains cascading off into mist of nothingness. The mists of the End of the Way?
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Mob Pixelle » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:10 pm

Jasonflare wrote:Example: The Girl=Serena theory is false.

:? Sorry, it is??? Where has this been proved?
--Mob Pixelle--
Mob Pixelle
Shadow Foot

Postby Forerunner » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:20 am

....when did we find out that the Landorin Rhue remembers is different from the real Landorin?
I know he remembered the Landorin massacre differently, but why Landorin itself?
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Ovenhole » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:05 am

Forerunner wrote:....when did we find out that the Landorin Rhue remembers is different from the real Landorin?
I know he remembered the Landorin massacre differently, but why Landorin itself?

When Midian tells the story of the real massacre, the scene looks different. So Rhue/Jeruh has changed the setting for some unknown reason.
"Give a man a fire and keep him warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life." (Terry Pratchett)
Ovenhole
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:26 pm

Mob Pixelle wrote:

Its not that theres proof that shes not, just no proof that she is. There is no reason that she should be Serena, and her being Serena creates all kinds of problems like how shes even there and why she is older. The only reason this was even concidered is because we never knew her name.

I don't think the End of the Way could also be the beginning. Lun seems to suggest in the final bits of E6 that the Way, or the Upper Way, or part of the Way at least, is quite linear - the mountains cascading off into mist of nothingness. The mists of the End of the Way?

I think the ending made it quite clear that the way is circular. Rhue has a memory of the end of the way, which meens hes been there in the past.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Imoto » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:27 pm

Rhue probably has memories of a lot of the way. Most of it, probably.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:59 am

Well, yeah, if hes gone all the way around, then hes probably seen most of it.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:35 am

Well if Jeruh could toss together his memories to make a new identity, then whats to stop other auras contributing a bit of their memories as well, by all accounts he doesn't know much about how shadow swords work so other more experienced auras could have manipulated their way into it.

So it the Way is circular (Almost definately), then it's possible Rhue has memories of many other places in the Way and just doesn't realise it.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Angel_OA » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:40 pm

Maybe the massacre (supposedly at Landorin) actually happened at 'the end of the way' and Rhue has simply fitted the name 'Landorin' to his memory of it as it was an important part of some other character's life.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby War » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:21 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
Mob Pixelle wrote:

Its not that theres proof that shes not, just no proof that she is. There is no reason that she should be Serena, and her being Serena creates all kinds of problems like how shes even there and why she is older. The only reason this was even concidered is because we never knew her name.

*Cough* I felt like i have to step in here. There actually is some proof that she could be if you don't remember( Serena has the same hair as he sister. Scatha has the same hair as The Girl. Scatha knows Serena....blah blah blah) Also the whole deal with people being older is NOT a problem. Its a freaken deam. Age doesn't matter.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Kcrazy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:33 pm

*Cough* I felt like i have to step in here. There actually is some proof that she could be if you don't remember( Serena has the same hair as he sister. Scatha has the same hair as The Girl. Scatha knows Serena....blah blah blah) Also the whole deal with people being older is NOT a problem. Its a freaken deam. Age doesn't matter.

Those are all good point, my only problem is the age thing...I don't think Lun would use the excuse that "its a dream", seems to simple. But since Serena was absorbed originally by Jeruh...then when she was passed on she aged. Or maybe people's aura still age in the shadow sword used on her.

Also maybe she didn't pass through Jeruh at all, instead she was abosrbed when Rhue slashed Night Reaper deep into the cavern.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:58 am

The End of the Way isn't Landorin. The only explanation I can think of is that Rhue previously went to the End of the Way, and his mind mixed that memory with that of the Landorin Massacre.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Angel_OA » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:49 pm

Thats what I just said.
Another possiblity is that the end of the way once was the Landorin Stretch, but since the rolling mists have moved on, the Landorin Stretch is now the 'end of the way'
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion